• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Nitrous oxide

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
is it dangerous to use blood thinners while taking nitrous oxide?
ive read it is but not that bad
would the blood thinners counteract the dangerous side effects of the n20?

What dangerous side effects are you talking about?
And we need more information, what medication are you using and why?

blood clots and and strokes but the medication im on stops blood clots and strokes. its called Rivaroxaban it's a blood thinner and its for seizures

I have never hear of rivaroxabane being used in people with epilepsy, did you have a myocardial infarction or vein thrombosis?
And with epilepsy you shouldn't take methamphetamine as this'll most likely decrease seizure threshold, especially if you're dehydrated

I have never hear of rivaroxabane being used in people with epilepsy, did you have a myocardial infarction or vein thrombosis?
And with epilepsy you shouldn't take methamphetamine as this'll most likely decrease seizure threshold, especially if you're dehydrated
I take the Rivaroxabane cos I had blood clots in hospital.
I take keppra for seizure prone. won't the keppra block the seizures?

Yes Keppra will increase the seizure threshold, but you can still have a seizure, if you decrease the threshold enough. And afaik staying awake for a prolonged time, dehydration and an excess of monoamines can decrease the threshold.
And afaik while an increased blood pressure doesn't cause blood clotting itself it may increase the risk, add tachycardia (ventricular tachycardia for example can directly cause blood clots due to differences in blood flow) and imo you have several contraindications.

Damn, well that's quite the long list of contraindications then. Imo you should stay away from uppers for the sake of your health.

Just pointing out that the OP was talking about Nitrous oxide, not methamphetamine.

They are great to hang on out at a drugathon and does help sleep.

Just pointing out that the OP was talking about Nitrous oxide, not methamphetamine.
I know, but he started another thread asking if there are any interactions between meth and the anticoagulant he's taking but only posted in this thread that the anticoagulant is rivaroxabane and why he's taking it.

What if I add some Lamictal in the mix? will that help stop the seizures and clots? that goes for nitrous and meth.
plus i take l arginine which is good for the heart

Last edited:
Lamictal won't help with blood clots and it won't decrease the risk of a seizure to zero. There aren't any studies on how much you'd need to take to be sure to prevent seizures when abusing drugs so all I can say is that what you're wanting to do is extremely dangerous/potentially lethal and imo you shouldn't do it