• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nitrous charger residue IT IS HORRIFYING that no information is available regarding residue!

Harmredux

Bluelighter
Nitrous chargers bangers leave behind several types of residue in alarming amount and I DON'T THINK THERE ARE ANY REPORTS OR ANALYSIS OF IT!

This is a potentially huge problem that I can't believe exists.

There's an oily residue, metal flakes, and other contaminates regardless of brand and can find literally ZERO information on it.

As a community I think we should take this as far as we can. I'm stunned to learn that the residue I just noticed after maybe 4 boxes over the lifetime of the cracker is a LOT

It could be anything from lead from the point of seal to chargers themselves leaving steel shsrds up to 3mm,but the tiny microscopic particulates are even more frightening. Introducing aluminum, lead or other metals directly into the lungs?!

Then there's an oily residue that is sometimes claimed to be salts but no one has tested it.

How can this be?!!!!

I know there's a filter but micron scale contaminates are there.

We need to do something about this. Does ANYONE HAVE ACCESS AND KNOWLEDGE enough to test?

Insane!

It's machine oil from manufacturing. It mostly moves when the canister is depressurising. So it's likely not being ingested very much. The amount of oil varies from brand to brand and it's not particularly dangerous when they are used for cream.

This isn't a new discovery and is well documented. I think there's even various filter setups you can rig up that have been discussed here before.

Using a simple cloth filter (ie, inhaling through a shirt or other cloth), and also using a cream dispenser and not those shit metal crackers, will allow much of the oils to stick to the inside of the cream dispenser, especially if you don't immediately inhale it after cracking it in), can reduce much of the oils and debris getting into your lungs. But yeah, this has been known for a long time. I always use a cloth filter these days. If I did nitrous a lot, I would go to the trouble of rigging up a proper filter, but I don't do it much.

N2O is quite reactive and so if you dispense into something that will react with N2O, you need to be careful.

You really need a filter if you are using carts. The amount of oil that comes out is scary. I have an oil trap and a 0.3 micron filter behind that.
This was out of my soda bottle.
Oil%20in%20cart.JPG

This is my filter.
Oil%20Filter.JPG

This is the whole loader.
cart%20loader%20closed.JPG

You really need a filter if you are using carts. The amount of oil that comes out is scary. I have an oil trap and a 0.3 micron filter behind that.
This was out of my soda bottle.
Oil%20in%20cart.JPG

This is my filter.

This is the whole loader.

Dinitrogen tetroxide derivatives (since it will tend to react with most things)?

Get rid of it carefully"

I poured in my waste oil jug along with the other used oil I accumulate. My neighbor has a pickup at work.