European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Nice Codeine Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Pagey. No worries I seem to know when it's time for a break. Shame I wasn't this sensible with stimulants.

How can the price of co-co's vary so much? Where I live Asda and Superdrug sell for £1.29 cross the road to Boots and they are £2.49. Most independent pharmacies are around the £2 mark. What makes Boot's so special?

im only taking these because of agonising pain. I had done cwe of paramol in the past when i was in a bad state of mind and just wanted to get high, something I'd never do now. I don't like opiates which is a good thing.

i got the boots ones and they were just under 2 quid or something should allbe the same codeine phosphate thats in them though I wouldve thought...

"Working your way up" will not work with codeine, unfortunately. You can not build onto your dosage as the enzyme that converts codeine into morphine does not work continuously. Sucks :(
Like I said - Morphine is definitely not the be-all-and-end-all of Codeine's metabolism.
The enzyme that converts Codeine into Morphine does create a ceiling dose yes, but for 1 thing - That's not the same for everyone.
And Secondary, You've to take into account of all the other metabolites that are created:

Wiki BUT with credence said:
CYP3A4 produces norcodeine and UGT2B7 conjugates codeine, norcodeine, and morphine to the corresponding 3- and 6- glucuronides. Srinivasan, Wielbo and Tebbett speculate that codeine-6-glucuronide is responsible for a large percentage of the analgesia of codeine, and, thus, these patients should experience some analgesia.
Also, if I remember reading correctly (a long shot, I know) then about 1% is converted into Hydrocodone.
Albeit practically useless, it's interesting regardless.

im only taking these because of agonising pain. I had done cwe of paramol in the past when i was in a bad state of mind and just wanted to get high, something I'd never do now. I don't like opiates which is a good thing.

i got the boots ones and they were just under 2 quid or something should allbe the same codeine phosphate thats in them though I wouldve thought...

I forgot to say when I go to Snip's I get the gel cap ones so I can just pour the powder out without taking a hammer to the tablets. That's probably why they are more expensive. Silly me. Snip and snip are way cheaper than anyone else though by almost a quid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Pagey. No worries I seem to know when it's time for a break. Shame I wasn't this sensible with stimulants.

How can the price of co-co's vary so much? Where I live Asda and Superdrug sell for £1.29 cross the road to Boots and they are £2.49. Most independent pharmacies are around the £2 mark. What makes Boot's so special?

Yes the prices are a bit odd. Especially since as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I would get them for about £5 :?
Anyway good luck with your break :)

Yeah I got you didn't want to get high - but if you want proper pain relief you're going to have to take much stronger doses than what they say on the box. Codeine is usually sold either for coughs/throat aches or very mild pain so strong pain would probably be relieved more towards...yeah, 150mg I think. I doubt you'd get high off that but it should relieve you a bit.

Thank you Pagey. I'll be fine I'm not using anywhere near enough to be in any kind of trouble.

Look forward to getting a nice warm buzz back. :)

yeah I don't think opiates are even really effective for this kind of pain, a benzo seems to have helped immensley though so I blame the pregabalin. thanks anyway.

Took a 300 mg dose around 3pm, im wondering can i have a few beers later tonight with no ill effect?

Just managed to blag a bottle of codeine linctus. Promethazine potentiates it right? Is it better to take the promethazine before the linctus or both at the same time?

Yes it potentiates (like all anti-histamines), take them at the same time.

For me, antihistamines completely overpower the codeine buzz. Try taking a moderate dose of caffeine (can of sugar-free energy drink works best for me) once you've peaked for a (very) poor man's speedball effect.

All anti histamines will take care of the itching but only first generation anti histamines like promethazine or cyclizine, if you should be so lucky, will add to the sedation.

Not sure about the potentiation effects of AHs. This is down to enzymes so I'm going to take a guess and say all anti histamines should potentiate. Could anyone elaborate on this point?

For me, antihistamines completely overpower the codeine buzz. Try taking a moderate dose of caffeine (can of sugar-free energy drink works best for me) once you've peaked for a (very) poor man's speedball effect.

Seriously? Caffeine just ruins opiates for me hah. YMMV I suppose.

Yeah seriously! The buzz is much nicer from an energy drink than from coffee which does tend to make me jittery and ruin the high.

I can never see any of these first gen anti histamines when i look, are they behind the counter :S?

Also you can get the non drowsy Anti histamine's in Homes bargains for dirt cheap i got 14 lortadine ones for 1.50

Status
Not open for further replies.