• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: One dead, another on life support after suspected synthetic cannabis poisoning

CartoonHead

Bluelighter
Still early days on this one and details seem pretty sketchy, does anybody have any more information?

Cheers,

CH

One dead, another on life support after suspected synthetic cannabis poisoning
By Josh Bavas
Updated 56 minutes agoWed 14 Jan 2015, 4:05pm

A 33-year-old man has died and several others have fallen ill with suspected poisoning from a batch of synthetic cannabis in the north Queensland city of Mackay.

Police said a 41-year-old man was in Mackay Base Hospital on life support and several others had been hospitalised after using the synthetic drug.

Officers are investigating where the substance came from and if it is the source of the poisoning.

Synthetic cannabis is a psychoactive substance designed to mimic or produce similar effects to cannabis.

ABC Tropical North reported in November that the Mackay hospital had seen an escalated trend in the number of patients being treated for synthetic drug-related illnesses.

Dr David Farlow from the hospital warned of the dangers of using synthetic drugs.

"People need to be cautious about consuming these products where the ingredients are unknown," he said.

"These drugs pose a major risk to an individual's physical and mental health and the community."

Detective Acting Inspector Sam Bliss said the ability to buy materials over the internet or in suburban shops did not make their possession legal in Queensland, nor did it make them safe to consume.

"The chemical compounds found in these drugs are dangerous and are not herbal or natural alternatives to 'real drugs'," he said.

"They contain synthetic compounds which are toxic and extremely dangerous.

"Offences exist for possessing, producing, supplying and or trafficking in dangerous drugs, which includes so-called synthetic products containing these substances."

Detective Acting Inspector Bliss said police were investigating the death of the 33-year-old man on Tuesday, as well as the circumstances surrounding an earlier admission to hospital of the 41-year-old man.

source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-14/one-dead-others-ill-with-suspected-poisoning-mackay/6016640

wouldnt be too susprising.... that shit can not be good for you without the poison lol... honestly tho kinda ridiculious its even called fake weed... shits nothin like pot

Fucking tragic.
Legalise cannabis for fuck's sake.
This makes me feel sick.

All you motherfuckers out there making these "blends" sold in dodgy shops, a big FUCK YOU.
Get a fucking grow-op going, or fuck off.

For those smoking this shit to avoid drug tests for employment or whatever; either cheat the test, or just quit the noids for a while. If this case doesnt make it ridiculously clear that this bullshit is is bad news, i dont know what will.

This country's gone backwards. Again.

I can't see them legalising cannabis anytime soon tho. The dickheads are anal about even giving it to dying people.

Wasnt the first synthetics quite safe such as JW018?

As the guberment kept banning them they seemed to get more dangerous as the vendors kept using newer and newer synthetics to keep ahead of the law

Wasnt the first synthetics quite safe such as JW018?

As the guberment kept banning them they seemed to get more dangerous as the vendors kept using newer and newer synthetics to keep ahead of the law

I was just going to say that... they keep tweaking the formula so it stays legal and @safe thats why these guys dont grow weed so they can legally sell this bull shit across the country... but most states are getting hip to it and banning it anyways... and marijuana will be legal in the US in the next 10 years... there will be a tipping point where so many states have legalized it that the federal goverment can no longer ignor it... itd be nice if obama would do it before he left office, which is why i voted for him twice cause i though he would, but it looks like hes going more towards immigration reform... but pretty sure VT and MASS are voting on legalizing it in 2016 which would be the first the north east state, no matter what its comming just a matter of when... IMO tho ten years, three more election cycles, and itll be federally legalized...

The second bloke died today. Such sad news.

I heard police say this guy only had one draw from a joint, lost consciousness and never regained it.

Fucking tragic.
Legalise cannabis for fuck's sake.
This makes me feel sick.

All you motherfuckers out there making these "blends" sold in dodgy shops, a big FUCK YOU.
Get a fucking grow-op going, or fuck off.

For those smoking this shit to avoid drug tests for employment or whatever; either cheat the test, or just quit the noids for a while. If this case doesnt make it ridiculously clear that this bullshit is is bad news, i dont know what will.

This country's gone backwards. Again.

precisely my feelings toward the issue.I get this annoying, baffled feeling about the issue of noids and legality.

The second bloke died today. Such sad news.

I heard police say this guy only had one draw from a joint, lost consciousness and never regained it.

Thats just really sad, nobody should die from drug use. Prohibition kills

Im not sure what to say.

Just one toke? Geez, that is sad.
I hope ppl dont draw conclusion s that because its a synthetic derivitave, it must be the same with the natural variety. but im sure the bozos in office will.