• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: News.com.au - 22/08/2005 'Aussie model in Bali drug bust'

I condemned people who called for a boycott on Bali after the Corby case. But this latest news, that they may bring in random urine testing on club patrons, is making me change my mind :\ What a gross invasion of privacy.

I would never even consider using drugs in Bali, but the potential for having to go through the humiliation of having to piss in a cup in front of a police officer means I wont be putting Bali on my list of future holiday locations.

It is starting to look more and more obvious that the Indonesians are out to clean up. It is not that they do not like the tourist trade in Bali, it is more that they prefer a select clientele.

Having spoken to a lot of Balinese in the past, they absoulutely detest the young Australians, British and other tourists that turn up in Bali and use the place like a toilet. They much prefer the mum,dad and two kids unit as they still pay money but don't carry on like crazy people.

Also, don't for a minute think I have an issue with that sort of behaviour, infact I am an avid practitioner ;) . It is just that the Balinese are a very moralistic group of people. They are ultra conservative about sex and deteste drugs and alcohol (please note I am referring to the majority and I have met plenty of Balinese who are opposite).

Since Megawati Sukarnoputri was ousted and replaced by Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono the Indonesian military is back in favour with the Govt and as such laws that have always been in place are going to be pushed even harder.

My personal opinion, they are out to get rid of us.

Last edited:
Or if u do have to go.... Then for gods sakes, stay away from drugs there!

I agree... Bali will be the last place I visit... I think I will try Hawaii.

Ive had a holiday booked to Bali for the last two months now, not one day goes past with soemthing else happening. I am not considering taking any drugs what so ever when i go, but Im paranoid that if I have too much to drink I might not know what im saying if an undercover approaches me. With these new random urine test im also worried that they might test positive for activities done in Oz. Anyone with any exprience please tell....like how often people approach you wanting to sell etc..

Bali Can Blow it outta There Ass if thats the case with Urine samples !

I was in Bali In May, and can remember going down to the local Cafe and ordering a Mushy Shake, We even got Take Aways where they would pour the Musshy shake Into a Empty Water Bottle and Put it in A plastic Bag to make it a bit more Discret !

Fuck wonder what would happen if you were caught in a Club With a Bottle Of water That looked to contain Raw Seweage(sp?) ;)

It is tru the fact that there are too many Aussies Whom go to Bali and Treat the locals like shit, Just becaues $600AUD Converts into 1000000Rp dont mean your better than them !

Bali is such a Hot spot for touirsm due to the fact that i can go to Bali for 10 nights for $800AUD, And living in WA its only a 3 Hour Flight.

Thats So Fucking Cheap, considering i could Fly to Broome and stay there for 10 nights, witch would probally cost me 3~4 times the amount Bali would cost !

But Meh next year im going to Thailand !

And Turbs The amount of Times we were aproached to buy drugs was unbelievable ! And also that these street dealers were within 20 meters of police ! ya just gotta ignore em.. But be warned they do Follow you donw the street pestering you to buy thier goods ! just keep walking !

As for Urine.. well Stop using Chemicals For a week before hand.. But As For Smoking Weed, I think that stays in ya Urine A bit longer Due to THC storing in you fat !

Im not a Stoner so i dont know much on that subject.

Try Here For some Info on Urine testing !
;)

Peace Out

Dialated665

yes the cheapness is why im going there in the first place really.... $1000 all expenses from Syndey for 8 nights.. plus there is some great surf...

according to the other thread it says weed can stay in your system from anywhere between 3 - 30 days..lol harsh..

thanks dialated for the info.

i was in bali back in '99
visit the "midnight oil bar"
u can order magic mushy shakes or omelettes off the menu. v strong and lots of fun ;)

Michelle Leslie is a Muslim now. Last week she was an ecstacy addict.

Wonder what she will be next week?

Grand Wizard of the KKK perhaps. ;)

yeh i heard shrooms were legal there, and was considering having them if so. Never had pyshc's before, though ive wanted to, a mushy shake sounds in order :).

Leslie tests positive for drugs
By Marian Carroll
August 31, 2005

AUSTRALIAN model Michelle Leslie has tested positive for drug use in blood and urine tests, police in Bali said today.
Ms Leslie, 24, who is facing 15 years in an Indonesian prison for drug possession, was allegedly caught with two ecstasy tablets at a rave party in Bali on August 20.

Two tablets allegedly found in her bag by police that night had also been forensically confirmed to be ecstasy, police said.

Early reports said the Adelaide-born model had tested negative for ecstasy.

But Endung Hardanto, head of Bali police's anti-narcotics taskforce, said today: "Michelle, for urine and blood, is positive, and the evidence is positive."

Ms Leslie's family was not surprised by the results.

"Such information was anticipated and we are now confident that the matter can progress in accordance with the defence strategy," family spokesman Sean Mulcahy said.

The family has faith the Indonesian justice system would treat Ms Leslie fairly, according to her alleged crimes, Mr Mulcahy said.

"The family understands that the matter will soon begin to move through the Indonesian legal system, and they have faith that justice will prevail at the hands of those authorities," he said in a statement.

Mr Mulcahy would not comment on police allegations that Ms Leslie had confessed under interrogation to owning the two ecstasy tablets.

One of her lawyers, Christo Imanuel Dugis, has claimed she may not have been psychologically sound when she allegedly admitted during interrogation that she was addicted to ecstasy and had sought medical treatment to kick the habit.

Her legal team is demanding police re-interrogate her to clarify her original statement.

Mr Hardanto said police had requested details about Ms Leslie's medical history, including any prior drug use, from her doctor in Australia.

"We're still waiting for a letter from Michelle's doctor in Australia about her health record," he said.

Ms Leslie would be charged with drug possession under a law carrying a maximum of 15 years in jail, and a minimum of four, he said.

Source
Her family is not surprised? err, did they forget they initially said their daughter didn't use drugs? naïve parents... 8(

At this point I would say that the speed of the media reports on this case is eclipsing the speed of the facts by a factor of about 5 times. Maybe media organisations have too many staff nowadays, but seriously - article after article publishing corrections to earlier "facts" about the case is awful and tiresome.

In the rush to pump out another story and sell a few more issues, facts are included which are either impractical or impossible to confirm. Sure, it might be the news-up-to-the-moment to the best of anyone's knowledge... but when the person professing the knowledge has gained it from a 3rd hand source, pastes it into a news paper article, it becomes a 1st hand source... this kind of escalation of misinformation into pseudo-fact in my opinion works against the advances in global media reporting. What's the point of having up-to-the-minute "news", if it's not trustworthy?

BigTrancer :)

geez im off to bali next week, was there last year and was always offered stuff but never had the urge to indulge, its just way too risky, that was before schapelle and all the others, so im a little bit worried this time, i know there wont be anything in my system when im there, and theres NO WAY i would ever do anything over there, but i just get worried at how corrupt it is over there, and if they happened to do a random search on a venue i was in and nothing was found they mite try to frame people, as in slip things into pockets etc etc.... suppose ill just have to be extra vigilant this time and just keep my eyes open for anything :D

BigTrancer said:
but when the person professing the knowledge has gained it from a 3rd hand source, pastes it into a news paper article, it becomes a 1st hand source... this kind of escalation of misinformation into pseudo-fact in my opinion works against the advances in global media reporting. What's the point of having up-to-the-minute "news", if it's not trustworthy?

This is why I am forced to read information from multiple media sources. Takes longer but at least I can try and wade through the quagmire of shit to find some consistent facts, then I am able to come at least close enough to the truth. :\

1UnFuZeD let us know how your trip goes. Like differences between this visit and your last etc. Have fun dude...

eggman88888 said:

...Poledriver... sorry but this argument obviously seems to be above you. CuPillar is just pointing out a solid fact here, of course the law is outrageous and over the top, but you are comparing our own domestic legislation to a country with vastly different socio-economic precepts with laws that are set to pander to a religious majority of a completely different denomination than Australia's. Then you try and back up your argument by bringing the Netherlands into it 8( that country is itself a whole other story.

Just FYI too, since when has BL been about sides? Many of the users of these forums are non-drug users and many of these people offer very comprehensive discussions on drug related matters.

Finally, to both of you... cant we try and keep these arguments out of the high school play ground, present your argument as you see fit, please refrain from exchanging insults such as *insert Uname* is a fucking idiot/moron/fuckwit etc etc

:D

Whatever you rekon eggman8888, you can be sorry all you like, and you can try provide all the info you like, but i don't want it.
I dont like Bali's laws on drugs, so what, i dont like usa's zero tollerance either, i also attack bush and usa, i dont care what you think boy. Cupillar can reply if they like, you can both have you opinions, if you dont like drugs thats fine too.
"Finally, to both of you..." .. dude get ya hand off it, you a moderator? then delete my post if it offends you or someone elese, i was just putting down my opinion.
IN relation to sides, i was meaning users and people who can relate to users of ecstacy and people who cant, those sides (of the coin?) somethings have many sides also..

eggman88888 said:
It is starting to look more and more obvious that the Indonesians are out to clean up. It is not that they do not like the tourist trade in Bali, it is more that they prefer a select clientele.

Having spoken to a lot of Balinese in the past, they absoulutely detest the young Australians, British and other tourists that turn up in Bali and use the place like a toilet. They much prefer the mum,dad and two kids unit as they still pay money but don't carry on like crazy people.

Also, don't for a minute think I have an issue with that sort of behaviour, infact I am an avid practitioner ;) . It is just that the Balinese are a very moralistic group of people. They are ultra conservative about sex and deteste drugs and alcohol (please note I am referring to the majority and I have met plenty of Balinese who are opposite).

Since Megawati Sukarnoputri was ousted and replaced by Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono the Indonesian military is back in favour with the Govt and as such laws that have always been in place are going to be pushed even harder.

My personal opinion, they are out to get rid of us.

- Your opinion i know, but i do not agree with much of it sorry. I mean the Balinese want ANY aussies or english over there right now, our friends lives in Bali and they were just saying that is not true what you said about them trying to get rid of us, they want us!!! duhhh they make sooo much money from us and tourism, you'd have to be thick to think they want to get rid of us...
Sorry@!

-ps ultra conservative about sex? LOL Why you say that? You musn't have been there before egg, there's some major sex going on over there, more on the streets and in ya face than here.