• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: [Herald Sun] 11/05/2004 - Campaign to remove GHB

I've got one stuck to my G bottle...

Ahahaha :D someone get this man a fucking award!

In all seriousness I think these stickers are a good idea however.
I mean lets face it, G 'overdoses' are more often than not owing to a fool who does not know what they're doing, be it in terms of dosage or interactions. However the response curve is rather steep, espcially with respect to weight etc. I think its a good thing that your average inept might be protected from something they may struggle with administering safely.

Having ten pills in 1 night is stupid, real fucking stupid but pills are not making people need to be revived at parties.

It's 1,4B that is giving us a bad name so it's the problem that needs to addressed first.
I've been talking to a few people about this topic, I have come accross two types of responce either they or one of there close friends has had a very bad experience on it or they haven't reached that point yet and seem to think they are invinceable.
This included an ex dealer that used to deal it. He was 1 of those people that thought it was safe until he died and was revived twice, when that happened he stopped.

I am not convinced that this drug can be taken safely for a whole night, there are people that are saying you can, why not say how? Then the moderaters can respond to what you think and people can get an idea of whats safe!

Don't get me wrong, this anti-G campaign is kinda cool, it's bound to lower the demand and force prices down for consumers such as myself... :D

You cannot take GHB safely without knowing the concentration of the liquid that supposedly contains GHB, GBL or 1,4-BD. The latter is clearly the most prevalent atm and potentially the most dangerous (the additional threat of "delayed response" to the effects of the drug due to its requirement of being metabolised first) and certainly the most toxic.

IMO GHB does not belong in clubs or at large events - it is difficult to dose safely in these places even when the concentration is known. If it isnt know it is an impossibility - especially for the types of drug users (abusers) who are likely to opt for their G experiences whilst out and about rather in the relative safety of their own home or at a house party.

GHB is causing huge problems to the nightclub scene in the UK. Just recently one of the most famous clubs in London, Turnmills, showed TRADE the door because of GHB use at the Trade events. The most in(famous) and longest running Sunday morning in London's club land has come to an end and it is allegedly solely due to GHB use.

I am unaware if Trade has moved to an alternative venue.

^ It's indeed sad to see a club like Trade disappear, especially when it's substance related.

In relation to measured doses, i'm surprised more G isn't pre-prepared in small centrifuge tubes. With a clip-top lid they would seem like a suitable medium.

I hope the awareness campaigns are successful, but I fear it may drive users to take more desparate measures. We've seen where that leads to.

Psychadelic_Paisly said:
Wouldn't less people buying cause prices to rise?

It's hard to say on the black market, but by standard Keynsian economic theory, if demand drops prices will too. The 'elasticity' of demand matters too - some things people will buy almost regardless of price (e.g. food), others they wont.

It's very difficult to gauge such things on the black market :\

GHB is a bloody awesome drug :)

I maintain a great level of communication with my dealer, I feel 100% confident when I drink his liquid that it'll be the perfect dose everytime...

Sure I've been fucked up on GHB, but I have never fallen to sleep/passed out... which considering GHB's dosage levels to pass out (which is much below the dose to actually kill someone), is bloody awesome.

I just hate ignorant hypocritical fools at clubs and parties passing judgement on my drug use, I wouldn't even be at their stupid event if I wasn't G'd up to my eyeballs. Those people should fuck off and mind their own business :)

Last edited:
Chubba75: ^^ I have serious issues with your last statement. As soon as someone loses consciousness on GHB/1,4B they are at risk of harm, in my opinion, particularly in public. Whether it is due to the inherent risks of being unconscious in a public place, respirating vomit should they throw up, stopping breathing due to any combination of depressant-type drugs, or redosing too soon on just GHB/1,4B. Due to the short lifetime of this drug a window of 20 minutes could spell the difference between hitting the sweet spot with a redose, and losing consciousness. Unfortunately under the effects of the drug, it may not be so easy to judge that 20 minutes. What happens when you're unconscious is not under your control, and represents a potential for something to go wrong. I believe that it is very dangerous for you to assume there is a large safety margin beyond the point of unconcsiousness with GHB dosing.

BigTrancer :)

doofhard said:
I am not convinced that this drug can be taken safely for a whole night, there are people that are saying you can, why not say how?

One word, methamphetamine.

^^ Regardless of how you like to take drugs, encouraging or promoting mixing g and meth increases the dangers and also makes it more difficult for paramedics to control the situation if you were to overdose.

Luckily I wasn't offering advice, I would never publicly encourage people to illegaly consume drugs and I sincerely hope no one would be foolhardy enough to take my comments as such. However, if you were to perhaps elaborate on the dangers that mixing meth with G apparently increases then it might go someway towards discouraging anyone who may otherwise think that following my example is anything but a bad idea.

I seriously don't think the words "safely" and "methamphetamine" go together well. Adding meth never increases the level of SAFETY in a night of drug ingestion... but I can see what you're getting at, i.e., that potentially the likelihood of falling unconscious on "G" (GHB/1,4b) could be reduced by adding such a powerful stimulant.

However, the problem exists that meth counteracts the effects of the "G" which means that users need to take higher-than-normal doses while under the effect of meth. Fortunately meth usually lasts a lot longer than does a dose of "G"... however due to the larger doses required to feel "G" when methed up and the likelihood of multiple redosing this can be a serious problem: if the meth wears off first, the user will "G out".

A further problem exists when people are introduced to "G" as part of a wider polydrug routine, which regularly includes stimulants. If a user becomes accustomed to taking a particular dose/redose amount to counteract the effects of pre-ingested stimulants, this could become a problem if in the future they decide to use "G" without stimulants, without realising their "normal" dose is really a larger-than-normal dose.

I really hope I'm not the only one who recognises that taking stimulants in order to allow one to take more depressants without falling unconscious represents a serious risk.

Psychadelic_Paisly said:
It becomes their business when you're passed out vomiting on yourself and the cops come and chat to the organisers...:|

Indeed, thankfully I have never found myself in that position in the four years I've been using G and, until I do, any judgemental hypocrites can suck a big fat dick as far as i am concerned :)

BT- Perhaps 'less dangerous' would be more appropriate than 'safe', I toyed with the idea of using it but was too sleep deprived to think real hard about it. I hear what you're saying, personally I am aware of all those risks and take them into account. It's more of a calculated risk, like driving a car! Although I'd never advise anybody else to take that risk, just so everybody is clear on that point

hi, i run raveasfe here is adelaide, can someone pm me the details of who has these stickers? would love to circulate them here.

sure some people are able to use GHB safely, but unfortuantely, the majority cant...

Hi Mazmo,

AFAIK: the stickers were/are a small-batch, privately funded initiative. I imagine the best way to obtain some in Adelaide might be to have some made yourself?

killarava2day said:
Indeed, thankfully I have never found myself in that position in the four years I've been using G and, until I do, any judgemental hypocrites can suck a big fat dick as far as i am concerned :)

You have just demonstrated very clearly why GHB users are the loosers of the rave scene. I guess in a few years you will 'upgrade' to chroming on trains.

Have a nice day.

I think we should stick to recomending that this substance (1,4B or G) is not a safe enough drug to recomend to anyone attending a Rave or Party.

The risks are too high and with cop numbers ever increasing at parties and introduction of sniffer dogs etc I would be doing anything possible to get things back the way they were. Plus the poor Ambo's need and want a break.

PLUR (Respect)