• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Earthcore 2005 Permit Declined due to Hospital Strain

yes - been to mt disappointment...

what's wrong with RSF site? I loveeeee that site! it's the best best best!

Or is that for RSF people only;)

frisk actualy yes your right it is for RSF only
like teh earthcore site was for them only and had put a stop to others using that site
to many big groups use the same site it losses its specialness

also its very hard on the enviroment to have to many big festivals at teh same place to close togetehr

but mainly its that RSF has a tenya on that site it is there site

Back to Mt Disappointment then! That site was choice although it might be a little strained now the Earthcore is so fkn massive... Still if they take it back to the crater I'm sellin my ticket.

If i remember correctly, didn't Earthcore have 9000 odd at Mt Disappointment for The ORB?

Yes, Mt Disappointment would require some major logistical and decor rethinks/ redesigns, but it CAN be done (and it just may force earthcore to 'return to the source' a little :p) Hell, being surrounded by actual trees on the dancefloor would push many people I know over the line of actually paying for a ticket....

^^ I agree .. i dont really like the Undera site. its too dry and barren looking.. I want greenery for my eyes!

The Eldorado site was pretty good I reckon. Probably wouldn't be able to handle 10,000 people though.

endlesseulogy said:
It would be disapointing but not the end of the world.... If they cancelled Rainbow Serpent id be pissed :p
friskk said:
what's wrong with RSF site? I loveeeee that site! it's the best best best!

Or is that for RSF people only;)

indeed x 2

It probably isn't worth pointing this out but I thought that I would make the observation anyhow. Liam Houlihan, the journalist who wrote this article, is also the journalist who wrote the article about the Bass Station carpark earlier in the year. I really hope that he doesnt intend to travel to Earthcore and write another one of his great undercover pieces.

Ravers rocked to core
Liam Houlihan, youth reporter
25aug05

AUSTRALIA'S biggest and longest-running outdoor dance event is in doubt.

The Earthcore festival, near Shepparton, has been refused a permit because the local hospital claims it can't cater for the festival and a local car race on the same weekend.
International acts have been booked and hundreds of festival tickets already sold.

Earthcore bosses have said that, if necessary, they will hold it elsewhere in country Victoria, at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars.

Promoter Pip Darvall said the hospital had rejected solutions he had offered. "Basically, the hospital has chosen not to get involved and has just objected. A hell of a lot more could be done in terms of communication," he said.

The rejection comes after a raver drowned in the Goulburn River at last year's event.

But Shepparton Mayor Anne McCamish said distaste for the dance event was not behind the objection, despite a reported 11 admissions last year for ravers who overdosed.

"We would love to have both events, but we are bound by what the hospital tells us it can handle," she said.

For the past two years Earthcore has drawn up to 6000 ravers to dance outdoors in Undera, near Shepparton.

During that time they have shared the last weekend in November with a rival for local medical services, the Spring Car Nationals, which have been in Shepparton for 13 years.

But this year Goulburn Valley Health said they could not handle both events because hospital renovations meant fewer beds and trolleys.

Mr Darvall said he would appeal against the council's decision at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Appeals Tribunal

Ha Ha to Earthcore, I'm sure they will have a backup but, who fucking cares, boycot Earthcore, Spiro is a Greedy mother Fucker that soesn't give a shit about anything but money. He has stuffed one too many friends off.

Hmm...well i guess a change of venue is always good.

if its the dust bowl i am not even going to think of going. if its at mt disappointment i will nearlly be convinced. at least theres fucking trees and shade there. while i would be a bit concerend about the environment handling 10,000 odd people trekking through it for three days compared to who small EC was last time it was there...im sure the festival organisers will find a solution.

magpi said:
lets just hope its not the crator again (2002)

I have no issues with it going back to the crater of filth... the rough terrain was just a cool obstacle course :p

good memories from EC02

haha and the 72 sprained ankles by 2am on the first night??

remind people to take their own crutches if its at the dust bowl :p

Festival plea
Kate Uebergang
03 Sep 2005

ORGANISERS of Australia's biggest outdoor dance festival fought at the state's planning tribunal yesterday for the right to party.

Earthcore Festival lawyers appealed against Greater Shepparton City Council's refusal to grant the annual event a planning permit for November.

Ian Pridgeon, for Earthcore, told the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal the permit refusal had created a sense of urgency for the organisers.

The matter will be heard on September 16.

Herald Sun

brilliant!
it's going to be great news if/when hospital strain means dead people :D

^^agreed.

There's an appeal. So the local hospital is now expected to reassess and say "well, actually, we're still too small and we're still understaffed, but hey, what the hell, what were we thinking?? Of course we'll look after you!!"

It's unlikely, but imagine if, say, there's a crash at the races with 2 or 3 people critically injured. there's most of your small hospital critical care resources taken up. anything else that comes up; that patient is going to be in jeopardy.

Correct me if you disagree, but with Earthcore becoming more and more "commercial", the prospect of irresponsible drug and alcohol use/overdoses/accidents is going to rise exponentially with the increasing attendance figures.

Last edited: