• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS - Courier Mail - 24/04/09 'Pill-taking rife among Fortitude Valley clubbers'

jellybear89

Greenlighter
Pill-taking rife among Fortitude Valley clubbers
Matthew Fynes-Clinton
April 24, 2009 12:00am

EIGHTY per cent of Fortitude Valley nightclub patrons are "taking pills", according to a club manager who claims dealers club-hop on weekend nights.

In the past two and a half years, ambulances have been called to the manager's club six times after young women collapsed from suspected drug use.

"It's scary when you see a girl face down on the floor," said the manager, who, while breaking the silence on illicit drugs that pervades the pub and club industry, refused to be named.

On New Year's Day, Rosie Bebendorf, 28, died from consuming ecstasy allegedly bought at a Valley nightclub.

The manager said that several dealers, each with access to up to 100 ecstasy tablets, club-hopped through the Valley on Friday and Saturday nights.

"Ecstasy is becoming more and more prevalent, and it's just unbelievably easy to get," he said.

"You can just say to someone in a club, 'Oh, do you know anyone who's got any?' And they'll answer, 'Yep, speak to them', or they'll send someone over. You don't even have to know (a dealer) any more."

He said transactions could be blatant.

"I've seen someone put a pill on the bar in front of someone else who handed $30 over," he said.

The manager said glass collectors often doubled as drug dealers.

"I've known a few (bouncers) as well who were selling," he said.

The manager believed most clubbers probably swallowed at least one ecstasy pill before arriving at their first venue.

Giveaway signs included dilated pupils and jaw-clenching, common side-effects when using amphetamine-type stimulants.

"You can see it in their eyes when they come in – they'll be really widened and quite bloodshot," he said.

Sarosh Mehta, of nightclub peak body Cabarets Queensland, said he had no "empirical proof" of venues turning a blind eye to drugs.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25376056-3102,00.html

aw gawd! which is worst...the used car salesman or the tabloid journalist!

yeah ima say the journalist... cause at least you can crash with the salesman in the car ... hehe!

like i may only be new to this "world" but i mean even I could write this article better!...

wait scratch that... my cousin in grade 8 could write this better! .. (so she may know a bit about the underground world... gotta love family! :p)

"On New Year's Day, Rosie Bebendorf, 28, died from consuming ecstasy allegedly bought at a Valley nightclub."

Toxicology reports thanks.

I've seen plenty of chicks face down on the floor from drinking too much as well!!!

without these drugs would there be any patrons? A little bit naive of a club manager to chat to a journalist about the drugs issue. there is only one way that is goingf to be spun

I'm just sick of the media calling every effing pill "ecstasy" ...

as Somewhat-damaged said.. "toxicology report thanks" ...

I'm just sick of people being misinformed and that MDMA is getting a bad rap...

Even if she did have a pill, i'd bet she'd drunk much more than she could handle, not eaten properly, used all her energy running around, not drank any water and just fucked herself over.

Fuck the media.

In the past two and a half years, ambulances have been called to the manager's club six times after young women collapsed from suspected drug use.

How many times have they had to get medical help for people suffering from extreme alcohol intoxication?

Yeh the article is a piece of garbage, nothing but speculation on a topic that's universally recognised anyway. Could have been written 10 years ago. Perhaps the courier mail has a Drug Scourge quota of articles they have to publish each week? :p Kind of in bad taste to keep bringing up the names of people who have died from alleged overdoses too. For shame journalist, for shame.

"Ecstasy is becoming more and more prevalent, and it's just unbelievably easy to get,"
any one out there who still enjoys xtc (lol just calling it that for the sake of things) pills will not be so easy to get in the near future. Australia is now flooded with mdxx substances and every man and his dog noes someone who owns a pill press, its simply not worth the time it takes to source the powders, then dry them out in salts often in the persons house to only make a fraction of the profits as what there used to be. From what i heard alot of ppl who press pills on a large scale are less interested in Pill makeing and are moveing to the drug that is getting ever so more popular here in syd... Cocaine. cos coke seems to have a good reliabley to it. it seems here in syd (well in the parramatta-auburn area) more and more people are selling it. It is now easier to get than xtc for me in my area.

Cocaine. cos coke seems to have a good reliabley to it. it seems here in syd (well in the parramatta-auburn area) more and more people are selling it. It is now easier to get than xtc for me in my area.

yeah, because its easier to cut to hell with other chems that fool the fool - and boy! don't they do that in sydney!!! 9 times out of 10 you are going to get pathetic, pitiful, absolute crap ...and if you don't believe that then do a wash on your next ball and see how much is left at the end!

i laugh when i hear "fark dude, this is disco shit - makes your nose numb for hours!"

Matthew Fynes-Clinton must have a quota of Brisbane drug stories to write before he gets his super, or a free cup of coffee. Funny that I can't find any information about him on the Courier Mail web site, just the drivel he has written and cut & pasted (without crediting the original authors).

How is this newsworthy? The club scene is flooded with ecstasy, that's nothing new...

pill taking rife in the valley?

its not exactly rife down here anymore. lol. noone can get shit. think everyone i know has gotten jack of the shitful "quality"

and yeah, with the girl who died. i would also love to see the tox report. i got a sneaking suspicion that she didn't die as a result of an MDMA overdose.

^+1

but we arent going to see a tox report, any more than we're ever going to see tox reports for all the other unfortunate deaths recently, cos the results wont match the propaganda being spewed forth.

And how do i get in touch with this Fynes-Clinton guy.. he seems to have access to better quality sources than me..

I know enough journo's to know they arent afraid of a bit of speed to keep them going ahead of a deadline, and as for alcoholism in the industry.... pot kettle black anyone?

PLUR