Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News : 'Chicken powder' (PMA) drug cook faces court

poledriver

Bluelighter
News : 'Chicken powder' (PMA) drug cook faces court

A drug addict who had read his father's chemistry books as a teenager downloaded information from the internet to make the deadly designer drug PMA, a court heard today.

Known by the street names "Chicken Powder" and "Chicken Yellow", the drug PMA (para-Methoxyamphetamine) can be lethal in high doses and has been blamed for a number of deaths worldwide.

Last month, Queensland police linked the drug to three deaths.

Pills containing PMA have included batches known as Louis Vuitton, Mitsubishi Turbo and Blue Transformers.

Sam Doble, 34, of Ocean Grove, pleaded guilty in the County Court today to one count of possessing substances used to manufacture PMA with the intention of trafficking, one charge of possessing pre-cursor chemicals, one count of possessing a drug of dependence, and one count of being a prohibited person possessing an unregistered Browning pump-action rifle.

Prosecutor James Fitzgerald told the court that when police raided a property in Mollison Street, Kyneton, on May 14, 2010, they found Doble sitting at his desk researching chemicals on his laptop computer.

He had a clandestine drug laboratory in his bedroom with glassware, equipment and chemicals.

An analysis of the web pages downloaded on Doble's computer revealed he had accessed 57 articles discussing illicit substances and another 38 on general chemistry.

When interviewed by police, Doble admitted he was making PMA.

Defence lawyer Lee Ristivojevic told the court Doble was manufacturing the drug for his own use.

He had been addicted to ice and amphetamines for more than 10 years and used drugs to take away his inhibitions as he was awkward and shy.

His father had an alcohol problem when he was growing up and Doble's three brothers no longer wanted to have anything to do with him because of his past drug use.

"They see him as a deadbeat, down-and-out drug addict," Ms Ristivojevic said.

She said Doble, who had turned his life around since his arrest and was now drug-free, had been trying to take a different chemical pathway to make PMA when caught by police.

Doble's father had been a chemist and had given him his chemistry books when he was a teenager.

"Chemistry is something that comes quite easily to him," Ms Ristivojevic said.

"He can remember chemical formulas and all sorts of things off the top of his head."

The plea hearing before Judge Liz Gaynor continues.

PMA first came into circulation in the early 1970s, where it was used as a substitute for LSD.

The effects of taking PMA include accelerated and irregular heartbeat, blurred vision, nausea, vomiting and hallucinations.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/c...faces-court-20121004-271ps.html#ixzz28a6iV0AU

As posted by folley in DITM Here

"An analysis of the web pages downloaded on Doble's computer revealed he had accessed 57 articles discussing illicit substances and another 38 on general chemistry."

Every Bluelight member is fucked

"PMA first came into circulation in the early 1970s, where it was used as a substitute for LSD."

Right....

That being said. Stop making PMA you dick.

Wondering why this article was singled out for its own thread, rather than being included in the busts thread...

Because I felt like it. :) A mod is always welcome to move it if they wont to.

With the recent and ongoing PMA deaths, i felt this was news enough to post as a thread. I wonted the Aus users to read this, and have it in the main page, not under the drug busts thread, but am happy for it to be moved.

The thread of this same article in DITM is getting some heated and varied replies, it's worth a read over there, the link is above.

I like it here, it's an important topic and deserves its own thread.

Stop dropping pills kids, this is more than likely what you are ingesting!!

Thank god, I hope he gets a life sentence! PMA is deadly stuff.

He was a long-term drug addict making PMA for his own use in his bedroom. He was not distributing this commercially, he was not really doing anything wrong, in my view. He's going to have the book thrown at him, and while I accept that PMA is very dangerous, and that there are people who produce it who are dangerous criminals, but I don't think this man was one of them, and he doesn't deserve the punishment he is likely to receive.

He was not distributing this commercially

You know this how?

pleaded guilty in the County Court today to one count of possessing substances used to manufacture PMA with the intention of trafficking, one charge of possessing pre-cursor chemicals, one count of possessing a drug of dependence, and one count of being a prohibited person possessing an unregistered Browning pump-action rifle.

Last edited:
The guy was making the stuff in his bedroom, which does not suggest to me a professional or commercial setup.

The guy was making the stuff in his bedroom, which does not suggest to me a professional or commercial setup.

You'd be surprised at how many MDMA labs have been found in bedrooms that were capable of churning out commercial quantities.

^ I was going mention that Nathan baggely guy in australia drug lords was making shit loads of pills in a secret compartment behind a bedroom (i think it was from memory)...

I seriously doubt a defence lawyer is going to come out and say he was making this to distribute. How many meth labs have you seen inside houses/ rooms/ sheds and they distribute a large quantity out.

He was a long-term drug addict making PMA for his own use in his bedroom. He was not distributing this commercially, he was not really doing anything wrong, in my view. He's going to have the book thrown at him, and while I accept that PMA is very dangerous, and that there are people who produce it who are dangerous criminals, but I don't think this man was one of them, and he doesn't deserve the punishment he is likely to receive.

That's a pretty big claim to make in absolutes when I assume you don't have any more information that what was released in the media. I'm a huge supporter of more realistic drug laws, but relatively, this isn't a case that strikes me as particularly unfair or draconian. As far as I know, you're not an Australian, so perhaps you don't have the context that we do - several people have died from PMA pills sold as 'ecstasy' recently. For sure personal responsbility is a big part in drug use and everyone should test their pills before taking them, but at the same time, selling PMA to unknowing people is a low act, and for all we know, he was going to do that. We just don't know - and I don't think that assuming making them in your bedroom equals not intending to traffic is a solid enough theory to vindicate this guy.

^ I was going mention that Nathan baggely guy in australia drug lords was making shit loads of pills in a secret compartment behind a bedroom (i think it was from memory)...

I think he was pressing pills rather than cooking.

Exactly, I mean anyone can set up a clandestine laboratory in any part of he house as long as you have the room for it. Hell Ive seen news articles where police accused people of manufacturing meth in a particular room where there was nothing except 2-3 chemicals and maybe few documents. And we also know about the meth labs found in trailers, in the boot of cars and portable ones in the woods. An MDMA lab obviously would involve more sophistication in its set up but its definitely doable if u have the room.

I think he was pressing pills rather than cooking.

Yeah they were purchasing the MDMA and pressing it themselves. On the side note, most people that would be busted for manufacturing would say the same thing "I was only making it for myself" If someone is going to all that trouble to make it instead of buying it I'm pretty sure more people than not would have thoughts in there head as to whether they should profit from it or not. Most cases they do. The setup and apparatus etc etc have a substantial cost and I dont think someone would want to invest and at least not get some of their money back in return. Thats just my 2 cents anyway.

I could be wrong but the impression I was under is that chemicals and a pill press were found behind a bedroom wall. There is a big difference between a functioning lab and pressing some powders into pills with a pill press. I am not by any means saying a commercial quantity of amphetamines can't be manufactured in a space the size of a bedroom or smaller, but the particular case you are talking about I don't think they were actually manufacturing the chemicals they were pressing, if they were I really don't think it was on the premises you are refering to where the press was found behind a wall. It is a while since I read about the case though and I am a little drunk, you are the drug busts article man so you may well be correct, but my goldfish memory says otherwise.