Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: ABC News - 13/11/08 'UN warns on 'Special K' craze'

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
UN warns on 'Special K' craze
Posted Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:41pm AEDT

The United Nations has issued a warning about the drug ketamine, saying it is gaining popularity amongst young people in a number of countries, including Australia.

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime has described ketamine as "the new candy for the youth".

Ketamine, which is often called 'Special K', is a strong horse tranquilliser, but the drug's users take it in small doses, often mixed with alcohol or other substances.

Because it can be obtained legally in some cases, it is hard to control.

The UN believes it is becoming more popular in the US, Europe and Australia and is particularly spreading through southern China. It is now the most abused drug in Hong Kong.

The UN Office on Drugs and Crime is concerned many young people are putting themselves at risk, with ketamine potentially causing long-term damage to the brain and kidneys.

ABC News

I'd believe that it's becoming somewhat of a 'craze' though, purely because prices (at least in my area) for the shit has gone up. :\

Sorry, I'm browsing the forums, and I see this on the front page.

WTF??? What kind of hyped-up BS news story is this????

Someone needs to shitcan ALL the major news outlets. They're about as useful at this point as a pair of breasts on a boarhog.

K is crap , makes you feel numb and you cant walk properly and tend to dribble cause it affects your speech.

if you want to look like some with cerebral palsy then go ahead .. LOL

it can be fun Ive had it in pills not knowing it and can be funny but depending on its purity and shit its cut with can make you feel like shit when it wears off an hour later

Vets have it to sedate cats and dogs and other animals and especially horses and this is sometimes stolen and sold on the streets but its not really for humans lol.

If it's not for human why do they use it in hospitals?
It's a painkiller, but usually a last resort one.

It just works a lot different to other pain killers.

And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe K has a low bio-availability when taken orally and therefore has very little effects in pills, unless you snorted the pills of course.

Vets have it to sedate cats and dogs and other animals and especially horses and this is sometimes stolen and sold on the streets but its not really for humans lol.

k is often used in hospitials for children because it is safer and easier on the body than other painkillers. just because it is used for animals doesn't mean it can't be used in humans. in the bali bombings it was used because the burn pain was to strong for morphine so they had to use a ketamine and morphine mixture.

If it's not for human why do they use it in hospitals?
It's a painkiller, but usually a last resort one.

It just works a lot different to other pain killers.

And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe K has a low bio-availability when taken orally and therefore has very little effects in pills, unless you snorted the pills of course.

Uh... speaking from experience, I had 2 K based bikkies (purple chanels), no doubt one of the most intense nights I have ever experienced, had a bit of high qual speed as well and was pretty much tripping throughout a whole night of walking around St Kilda.

It's always been popular, and if anything, its popularity amongst new users has probably declined since it was rescheduled some years back and its availability took a sickening dive. In the days before it was rescheduled it was around in large quantities, cheap as chips and in some circles you couldn't give it away.

K is used to treat humans more often than you would think. It is used most often with the elderly, children and burns victims. The main reason for its use is that it does not repress breathing as much as some other anaesthetics have the potential of doing.

K = <3<3<3<3<3

Well, it was designed for humans as an alternative to PCP so....

Personally, I think its a agreat drug; I'm actually glad its not that easily available these days :\

Well, it was designed for humans as an alternative to PCP so....

Personally, I think its a agreat drug; I'm actually glad its not that easily available these days :\

I was talking about the vet grade K not hospital grade ...

Human formulations: Aneket

Veterinary formulations: Ketaset® (Fort Dodge), Vetalar® (Fort Dodge) and Vetaket® (Lloyd)

I was told Vet grade K is not as clean and this is what I meant ... it's not really for humans but I have seen bottles of it sold to iv users Who would sell it on and it would be put on a spoon and heated and it crystalises and then its prepared for a shot effects were major tunnel vision , more potent etc from what I was told ...

I never used needles so never tried ... but I was told there is a big difference in vet k and medical grade , anyone have anything to add ?

Last edited:
^^ I have IV'd k before, probably the most dumbest thing I have done with drugs so far, I would never do it again, I dont know what a stroke feels like but thats how I would describe it! make that a heat stroke actually!

kingpin007 said:
K is crap , makes you feel numb and you cant walk properly and tend to dribble cause it affects your speech.

You just haven't had enough to K-hole.

Mr Blonde said:

Which is where it's at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D=D=D

kingpin007 said:
it's not really for humans but I have seen bottles of it sold to iv users Who would sell it on and it would be put on a spoon and heated and it crystalises and then its prepared for a shot effects were major tunnel vision , more potent etc from what I was told ...

I'm not sure why someone would cook their liquid K from a vial, down to its crystalline form, to then suspend it in another solution for injection - it just doesn't make sense. :\

It’s ready for injection straight from the vial, and if it's being IV’d, then only a relatively small amount is required to reach the desired effect of the hole. =D

Yah it has been likened to a chemically reproducable near-death-experience right? Articles are available via Google - Dr. Karl Jansen

I've only had it in pills so unfortunately not high enough dosage for those effects :\

^ Maybe... when I K-Holed I couldn't move, couldn't open my eyes, felt like I was falling down a long tunnel or something and then went into a crazy dreamland for a while. Felt like I was spinning around the whole time as well.

Depends what kind of effects you personally get from drugs I guess; for example, I never get spiritual experiences out of LSD nor do I like to sit around and philosophize whilst on it, but one of my friends turns into some kind of deranged social commentator on it which annoys the fuck outta me. :\

^^ I have IV'd k before, probably the most dumbest thing I have done with drugs so far, I would never do it again, I dont know what a stroke feels like but thats how I would describe it! make that a heat stroke actually!

I love K, especially IV. :)