• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 8.4.09 - Man accused of bashing Nathan Jones's father admits taking ecstasy

hyroller

Bluelighter
A MAN accused of bashing the father of AFL footballer Nathan Jones has admitted to taking ecstasy pills on the day of the assault at the MCG.

Jesse Mallinder, 24, was embraced by his mother, Marianne, his partner and two younger brothers as he walked from the Melbourne Custody Centre after being released on bail late on Wednesday.

Mr Mallinder, the father of a young boy with a heart condition, had spent five days in custody - an experience his defence lawyer Michael Stanton said "put the fear of God into him".

Mr Mallinder is facing assault charges over the attack on Brad Jones, who was bashed leaving the MCG with a younger son after watching older son Nathan play for Melbourne against Collingwood.

The court earlier heard that Mr Mallinder was on bail for an unrelated assault matter involving an iron bar at the time of the MCG charge.

The court had been told an aggressive Mr Mallinder was acting like a shark among a school of fish as he abused and baited people leaving the ground after Saturday's game.

A witness statement tendered to the court yesterday said: "I was walking on my own when my attention was caught by a bloke who was just going crazy and looking for a confrontation.

"He was getting up in people's faces, to within a couple of feet. He was saying: 'F--- off home'."

The statement said Mr Jones "was just trying to tell the shirtless bloke to shut up and leave everyone else alone" before he was headbutted.

"The bald guy (Mr Jones) was dazed for a moment," the statement read.

"There was a little kid with him too. I heard the kid say: 'Dad. Dad'."

The witness told police the shirtless man later "went crazy" on Mr Jones.

"The shirtless guy started throwing and landing numerous punches," the witness said in the statement.

"The bald guy was down on his knees. The next thing I saw there were about three or four people in the fight.

"At least three of them were kicking the bald guy while he was lying on the ground."

Two of Mr Mallinder's younger brothers, aged 19 and 21, are alleged to have been involved.

Mr Mallinder's mother, Marianne Siegle, told the court yesterday Mr Mallinder was known to take an ecstasy tablet "now and then".

Magistrate Jon Klestadt granted Mr Mallinder bail on strict conditions including a home curfew, random alcohol and drug tests and a ban from attending sporting events.

He was ordered to reappear in court on June 1.

retrieved here

great excuse, eh? must have been some pretty shit pills if they made you edgy enough to bash the fuck outta an old guy...

Again, as mentioned in the thread about the Girl in Mackay.. "its been in the papers, I'll use it as an excuse...'

How many of you out there get agressive to the point of headbutting and punching people when youre on MDMA.. (Not just PILLS cos we all know they could have anything in them, but a pill you've tested and KNOW has MDx in it. )??

arrrghhh

I read this in the paper the other day. It's the most bullshit defense i've heard, a half decent prosecutor should be able to tear it apart bit by bit.

Of course it must have been the pill, not the lines of shard he was huffing like a vacuum cleaner in the toilets.

Just more kindling to fuel the fire of lies & propaganda!

My favorite part.

Mr Mallinder's mother, Marianne Siegle, told the court yesterday Mr Mallinder was known to take an ecstasy tablet "now and then".

She should be so proud.

i have never in all my time seen someone on mdxx start a fight that is 1 for the records it just shows how little the government actually know about drugs outside of reading reports about drug for propaganda
130-126big-brother-is-watching-you-posters.jpg

i have never in all my time seen someone on mdxx start a fight that is 1 for the records it just shows how little the government actually know about drugs outside of reading reports about drug for

There's a thread in the AusDD archives about rollers and fights... look it up if only for some fo the amusing stories in it. :D

static_mind said:
Since when is being on drugs an excuse to bash people anyway.

+1. If you drink or take whatever to the point that you are apparently not in control of what you are doing, then you are just as culpable for letting yourself get to that point where you are a danger to others.

true but you ever seena fight when both are rolling hard.
i havnt and would think it would nearly be impossible

What a disgrace, just blame everything on the pills, can't take responsibility for your own actions.

Exactly: easy out, skip responsibility, blame it on the illegal drugs!! Mfer. He was probably drunk as shit too but I doubt we'll hear about that. Just another piece of daily news that makes me want to throttle someone... 'course, I'm not on E right now. If I were I'd probably just be wrapped up in an empathetic cloud of worry about "the bald guy." Did they actualy say how old the old geezer was (the footballer's dad)?

yeah - sounded like another raging drunk to me
but people seem to think throwing the influence of 'pills' in gives them an easy-out

While the media may eat this excuse up, I am skeptical that the magistrate will take such an excuse seriously. The guy is/was already on bail for an unrelated assault involving an iron bar. He is clearly the sort of douchebag who spends all his spare time looking for victims to bash. If it was his first offence I can see this being a get out of jail free card but in these circumstances I doubt it.
He probably will only get a suspended sentence or something though because of his kid with a heart condition. In my opinion they need to start spending more time on locking scum like this up instead of wasting time worrying about drug users and the like.

exactly
any clued up magistrate would see it as a deflection tactic... but yeah, it is quite troubling that these militant individuals are left to their own devices.

I may well, somehow, have seen some footage which is not publicly available, of the aftermath of that punch on.

Unless this 'ecstacy' he was taking was not pill shaped, but rather a clear crystalline substance, probably the size of a gumball, I'm not buying it.

Anyone who thinks noone can get angry or fight on MDMA in inexperienced IMO. Generally, it doesn't lend itself towards conflict, but it def can, as it lowers inhibitions and impulse control.

baby boy said:
true but you ever seena fight when both are rolling hard.
i havnt and would think it would nearly be impossible

Why impossible? If two people are somewhat predisposed to violence anyway, no matter how 'loved up' they may have been at one point if they piss each other off enough it's easy to imagine they could get into a fight. Especially if one or both of them were drinking as well.

I've seen a few fights but I usually don't get close enough to find out what substance either of them has been using. The fights I've seen with people I know involved have usually occurred after some amount of drinking.

^ Some pretty funny stories in that thread! I have known quite a few people to get in fights on pills, often speedbombs but definately on some MDMA aswell! Some people will look for a fight at any time on any substance, still though the behaviour this man has exhibited is probably a bit extreme for someone who was only on MDMA, ofcourse he could just be a maniac.