Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 24.2.09 - Sophie Delezio's sister Catherine on drug charges

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Sophie Delezio's sister Catherine on drug charges

By Kim Arlington | February 24, 2009

0,,6500819,00.jpg

SHE'S the sister of miracle survivor Sophie Delezio - and she's set to face court today on drugs charges.

Catherine Delezio, 34, remained out of the spotlight while her half-sister Sophie battled to recover from two horrific car accidents.

But now Catherine faces criminal charges, including supplying prohibited drugs - and has spoken out about her "estrangement'' from their father Ron.

Sophie, 8, inspired the nation with her courage and determination after twice coming close to death.

She suffered terrible burns and lost both her feet after a car crashed into her Fairlight preschool in 2003.

Then, in 2006, she was hit by another car on a pedestrian crossing.

A few months later Ron Delezio was named Australia's Father of the Year.

But Catherine claimed Mr Delezio, who split from her mother when she was a baby, was not there for her in the same way he was for Sophie and her brother Mitchell.

"I remember barely knowing who he was,'' she told Grazia magazine.

"He was just someone I would visit with every now and then.''

Catherine spent time on the streets and became a mother at 16. She claimed her family ``gave up on me'' and her estrangement was driven by his desire to present a picture of a perfect family.

While declining to comment in detail on their relationship, Mr Delezio yesterday said he loved Catherine and found the article untrue and hurtful.

"I love my daughter Catherine dearly and find the article totally untrue and hurtful to me and my family,'' he said.

But Catherine stood by her story, saying she had told it "reluctantly, but with total honesty''.

"I will continue to watch my younger brother and sister from a distance and Sophie remains an inspiration to me,'' she said in a statement to The Daily Telegraph.

Catherine was arrested last July after the NSW Police Professional Standards Branch investigated her partner, then Constable Wesley Brennan.

Police allegedly found they supplied illicit drugs in a Sydney nightclub and charged her with 14 offences, including supplying ketamine, methylamphetamine and GHB, or fantasy.

Her case returns to court today.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25098571-5006784,00.html

meh, both the sister and the father are fuckers, both are profiting from the pain of the sister that got hit by the cars... imo

I bet you $100 she gets let off because she will get pity from the judge and get a non conviction and a slap on the wrist.

I agree she will use what happened to her younger sister as an excuse for her actions and lifestyle when before the judge.

meh, both the sister and the father are fuckers, both are profiting from the pain of the sister that got hit by the cars... imo

hmmm - i'd beg to differ that Ron is 'profiting' from the pain of his daughter and I find the idea somewhat offensive. Next someone will suggest that the second accident (ie. when she was KO'd on the crossing) was not a tragic coincidence... Frankly, I wonder how i'd have coped if I was in his position and can fully understand his need to set up the charities as a means of making something very negative a positive.

As for his other daughter, I just think it's sad when a private matter is played out in the press...

I had watched channel seven 4:30pm news and no mention at all of this ....

Watched channel ten 5pm news and no mention at all ...

Very Strange .... considering this news story was posted 9 hours ago which would give any network enough time to throw the story in as Im sure the general public would be intrested to hear the story ..

Maybe someone high up has said not to mention this probably due to a good friend of the fathers or similar ..

hmmm - i'd beg to differ that Ron is 'profiting' from the pain of his daughter and I find the idea somewhat offensive. Next someone will suggest that the second accident (ie. when she was KO'd on the crossing) was not a tragic coincidence... Frankly, I wonder how i'd have coped if I was in his position and can fully understand his need to set up the charities as a means of making something very negative a positive.

As for his other daughter, I just think it's sad when a private matter is played out in the press...

Couldnt have said it better.

I hate it when people that are well known by the public, even if its a relative of someone well known like in this case have their private problems published for all to see. Why do we need to know this? Its not affecting anyone but her and her family/friends. Its 100% pointless to publish this, its onjly trying to make her look bad, actually just worse than it already is and all because she's the sister of a little girl who had something tragic happen to her.

Just for example, Its like saying Nicole Kidmans brother has an addiction to painkillers. Now what is the point in that other than to make someones life hard and make everyone associated with them look bad. I dont see how it could possibly help any situation.

In all honestly I feel sorry for this woman, the press have no right to do such an evil thing.

Shame on whoever made this story.

Wish I knew this chick though...G, K and meth are my favorite drugs :p

'Father of the Year!!'

Well, I knew this family very well in the past..
'Father of the Year' definately not.. I was absolutely gobsmacked to hear that he was made father of the year.. do the beaurocrats even look into the past of these people before they make such decisions.. it's like getting a gold medal in the olympics and cheating.. he didn't do the right thing by his daughter or son as children.. he was given the opportunity.. but he failed to look after them as he should have.. however, Catherine is no angel either.. prone to lies.. but I blame her parents for this.. both were too selfish to put their children first.. but they were children themselves ..
I hear that the father is very arrogant person on tour.. this comes from some reliable people they say he treats people as if they are beneath him.. he should have a good look at himself and treat people with respect and courtesy and remember where he comes from..
Catherine can't hide behind this crap though as an excuse to sell drugs.. drugs kill peoples children and family members.. there is no excuse for selling them.. I don't care what kind of crap childhood you think you had.. grow up.. at 34 you should know better.. what you do as an adult is your own choice.. get over it and be a better person I say.
As for Sophie good luck to her.. I wish her no ill.. great to see her big smiles and energy on tv.. wish I had half of it.

Hey my cousin got done for meth wheres my article?
How bored are these journalists?

Delezio sister sentenced on drug charges

Posted Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:11pm AEST
Updated Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:08pm AEST

A Sydney woman has been sentenced to a minimum of 13 months in custody for her part in supplying drugs at a city nightclub.

Catherine Delezio, the half sister of crash victim Sophie Delezio, pleaded guilty to supplying drugs including methylamphetamine and Fantasy.

The sentencing judge has acknowledged Delezio's troubled childhood and distress from seeing her sister suffer.

Delezio could qualify for home detention.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/06/19/2603029.htm?section=justin

mmmm...

love the inclusion of the term Fantasy, lol.

wonder if she will get the home detention... 13 months is pretty short-term all things considered...

the father has milked it for all its worth trust me. should see the house they built from all the chairty money. easily worth 3-4 mill

I bet you $100 she gets let off because she will get pity from the judge and get a non conviction and a slap on the wrist.

I agree she will use what happened to her younger sister as an excuse for her actions and lifestyle when before the judge.

I made no excuses for myself in court however the fact that I took my 1st illegal drug 2 weeks after my sisters 1st accident had to mentioned. This was the most horrific time of my life and like many others I found drugs helped me cope in the moment. I was arrested and charged for helping a friend buy some drugs from my boyfriends cousin. Although this is seen as no different from any street corner dealer. I am ashamed about what I have done simple as that.
As for my father he is nothing short of a money hungry jerk. He has not once contacted me during this time and in fact has done everything in his power to ignore me. He has bribed chanel 9 a current affair not to run a story about me by signing Sophie up for 12 months. He even hired Max Markson to try and shut me up.
All I can say is atleast I own up to my mistakes and will do whatever it takes to grow from this and be a better person. He will be stuck being a jerk all his life and for that I am sad for him.

How random if you aren't just some bullshit artist. Why are you ashamed of what you done? There is nothing wrong with taking drugs or selling them as long as you aren't selling a dodgy cut product.

I am sorry for what happened to your little sister but I don't really think that should impact on a sentence you get for drug dealing. While I personally believe nobody should go to jail over drugs the fact is you shouldn't be let off any easier because of that imho.

I take it you have no plans to stick around on Bluelight and learn a thing or two about using drugs safely and properly?

took you a while to respond ??

did you put your name into google and you found your way here ?

anyhow ... Im sure what happened to your baby sister was on the judges mind when sentencing you ..

Maybe you should sell your story to womens idea or how about the ACA competition and go on today tonight on channel 7 ?

Last edited:

That is usually how people get here.

I'm not sure how many times this has to happen before people start getting the idea that we aren't some little "druggie hideout" tucked away in the corner of the internet where no one can see what we're talking about. Thanks to Google, if you post about someone, there's a good chance they'll end up reading your comments if they search on their name.

anyhow ... Im sure what happened to your baby sister was on the judges mind when sentencing you ..

Maybe you should sell your story to womens idea or how about the ACA competition and go on today tonight on channel 7 ?

yes it took me a while to respond only because it has taken me a while to get used to the fact that people have things to say about my life and my mistakes. Oh well I am over it now and am almost ready to face the world and all of it's cruel judgements.
I have been on this site several times while researching Ghb so I am not too unfamiliar. I was only surprised to read people would think I would use my sister as an excuse to sell drugs and nothing could be further from the truth.
I will be going all out when I do sell my story so Ron Delezio brace yourself.....

Anyway that's enough about me. I will be hanging around Bluelight for the interest I have in drug education and maybe share some experiences with others that will help them have a safer and even more fun time...=D

That is usually how people get here.

I'm not sure how many times this has to happen before people start getting the idea that we aren't some little "druggie hideout" tucked away in the corner of the internet where no one can see what we're talking about. Thanks to Google, if you post about someone, there's a good chance they'll end up reading your comments if they search on their name.

Yes it was thanks to google

LOL reading these last few comments has been a spin out.

Hope that things pan out as best they can for you, and that rehabilitation is a success moving forward.

Sophie Delezio's sister jailed for drugs

Posted 4 hours 54 minutes ago
Updated 4 hours 55 minutes ago

Catherine Delezio, the older sister of car crash survivor Sophie Delezio, has been sentenced to at least 18 months' jail for supplying drugs.

Thirty-four-year-old Catherine Delezio was charged last July, along with her former police officer partner, Wesley Brennan, with supplying methamphetamine and the drug fantasy at The Arq nightclub in Darlinghurst.

They pleaded guilty and Brennan was given a 28-month sentence in protective custody.

The court previously heard Catherine Delezio used drugs to cope with the trauma of two freak accidents involving her younger sister.

The first was when a car ploughed into Sophie Delezio's childcare centre, and the second was when Sophie was hit by a car as she was pushed across a street in her wheelchair.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/31/2642581.htm?section=australia

yes it took me a while to respond only because it has taken me a while to get used to the fact that people have things to say about my life and my mistakes. Oh well I am over it now and am almost ready to face the world and all of it's cruel judgements.
I have been on this site several times while researching Ghb so I am not too unfamiliar. I was only surprised to read people would think I would use my sister as an excuse to sell drugs and nothing could be further from the truth.
I will be going all out when I do sell my story so Ron Delezio brace yourself.....

Anyway that's enough about me. I will be hanging around Bluelight for the interest I have in drug education and maybe share some experiences with others that will help them have a safer and even more fun time...=D

Welcome to the drug addict gathering club lol