• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newby needs assistance ?

Dopeyonekanobe

Greenlighter
So my friend, Carl, wants to take oxy for the first time. His doctor prescribed him targin containing 5mg of oxycodone and 2.5mg naloxone, he researched all night on blue light to find the right dosage for him and came up with 15-30mg being okay for a good buzz, he weighs roughfly 90kg or 200 pounds. Emediatly he crushed up three so 15mg of oxy and put into a berocca and found after an hour nothing really amazing had happened, so he crushed up another three, drank two and snorted the last one, not long after that he felt like he was tired and alittle disoriented but nothing of satisfaction, carl wants to know if it is perhaps because of the naloxone or if maybe his dosage was just too little for a buzz. Finally i decide to make an account on bluelight and see what help he can get in acheiving his desired night.
keeping in mind he has never done anything like this before what should the next attempt be if he should even try it again.

Sadly thats just what doctor prescribed, wondering if there is any point in trying again or if these are just useless

Yeah I have heard about those targin oxys. they are still relatively new on the market I believe. Why did he give your friend those and not just percs or regular old oxy IRs or ERs? Honestly, I cant shed too much light on those, but I would like to know why these things even exist? I mean, I know with suboxone which is buprenorphine/naloxone, with 1/4 of the amount of naloxone as the bupe mixed together, purely as a scare tactic, to make addicts afraid to abuse them, but it is utter nonsense, because I have done suboxone every way possible, including IV with no adverse effects whatsoever. And it I don't know why anyone would think its a good idea to put naloxone in with a full agonist opioid like oxy?

Seeing as you said there is half the amount of naloxone as there is oxy in these (5mg oxy/2.5 naloxone), I guess they could possibly make someone very sick if taken in a high dose?! God, some of these big pharma companies are destroying opiates... first they did it with the OxyContin, changing them into OP plastic shit, now this... And I haven't done opana lately, but I heard that the ERs are now using the same plastic, matrix forumula(I think that's what its called?)as the oxy OPs? I guess I am glad I don't have to worry as of right now as I take bupe, but used to be on oxy. These Targin pills sound like shit to me... Tell your friend to ask for Percocet and say the naloxone in them made them sick, as a lot of people are allergic to that shit, and say that to suboxone doctors to switch from suboxone to subutex, which is just bupe with no naloxone.

Thanks so much for the help, i will let him know what you have said and see if we cant get him some better meds!

Yeah I have heard about those targin oxys. they are still relatively new on the market I believe. Why did he give your friend those and not just percs or regular old oxy IRs or ERs? Honestly, I cant shed too much light on those, but I would like to know why these things even exist? I mean, I know with suboxone which is buprenorphine/naloxone, with 1/4 of the amount of naloxone as the bupe mixed together, purely as a scare tactic, to make addicts afraid to abuse them, but it is utter nonsense, because I have done suboxone every way possible, including IV with no adverse effects whatsoever. And it I don't know why anyone would think its a good idea to put naloxone in with a full agonist opioid like oxy?

Seeing as you said there is half the amount of naloxone as there is oxy in these (5mg oxy/2.5 naloxone), I guess they could possibly make someone very sick if taken in a high dose?! God, some of these big pharma companies are destroying opiates... first they did it with the OxyContin, changing them into OP plastic shit, now this... And I haven't done opana lately, but I heard that the ERs are now using the same plastic, matrix forumula(I think that's what its called?)as the oxy OPs? I guess I am glad I don't have to worry as of right now as I take bupe, but used to be on oxy. These Targin pills sound like shit to me... Tell your friend to ask for Percocet and say the naloxone in them made them sick, as a lot of people are allergic to that shit, and say that to suboxone doctors to switch from suboxone to subutex, which is just bupe with no naloxone.

He's right about the naloxone in Suboxone formulations being there basically for show. I think the reason is the affinity buprenorphine has at opioid receptors is so high, it will beat the naloxone to the punch every time and the naloxone then doesn't have an effect. Oxycodone, on the other hand, has a lower affinity than buprenorphine, I'm not sure how it compares to that of naloxone, but my guess is you didn't feel high that time because if you were to take any recreational amount (of the oxy it contains) the naloxone will have enough of an effect to reverse the action of oxy.

Yeah try getting some single preparation drugs, it will be a lot more enjoyable. Be safe.

fyi we all know you're talking about yourself, you don't need to hide behind 'carl' or SWIM or other stupid bullshit

but yeah naloxone in oxy, that's a new one, sorry to hear

Those sound counterproductive and a waste of product to intentionally combine a med of any sort that blocks the other combined med. Like wiping off a wound after sticking a bandaid on.

I've been on Targiniq before and I noticed zero difference when compared to OxyContin OC in terms of high or pain relief but I exploded the toilet second day after. Changed back to OxyContin because it was easier to tamper with and was cheaper. Told Dr. I got heartburns from those Targiniqs.

^ Point is that naloxene doesn't get through the intestines and prevents oxycodone to sticking bowel opioid receptors preventing constipation.

That's sorta right. Naloxone can get through the intestines but the liver basically destroys it before it gets into the bloodstream. The reason why the manufacturer puts oxy and naloxone together in a pill is to prevent abuse. If you swallow it like you are supposed to then it passes through the intestines then into the liver which destroys the naloxone but the oxy will pass through and gets into your brain and gives you pain relief. But if you snort or inject or smoke it then the naloxone will bypass the liver and get into your brain and block the effect of the oxy.

Last edited:
^ Actually the point is to prevent constipation or atleast that was written in the patient leaflet. Abuse prevention comes at the same but it is marketed as a opiate which doesn't cause constipation.

Anyhow if you are used to opiates and start doing this you just explode your toilet as happened to me. Wasn't very fun because it was given to me in hospital after spinal surgery and when the call came I just went as fast as possible to the toilet and the nurse said she haven't seen any spinal surgery patient move that was the day of their surgery.