• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

new years healthy living goals!

great thread!

-Continue to change my diet to mostly raw-vegan. This year's emphasis will be less seeds and more leafs.

-Begin training in martial arts.

-Increase surfing, running, and strength/agility building.

-Gain greater understanding of the 8-limbs of yoga (ashtanga)

-Start creating music in some way - electronic or guitar.

-Read fascinating books and articles.

-Help other people.

-Continued sobriety. For me, this only happens one day at a time.

-Peace!

Farm shop? Is that like some sort of co-op? Sounds cool!

Yeah around here we have a co-op of 2 farms, another farm shop I'm going to be working at, which is run by my friends family, and a few shops which are connected quite inextricably with the co-op farms, which are biodynamic.

How are you going about treating your leaky gut?

I'm amidst the same process. I just had my eyes looked at by a naturopath (iridology) and she said it looks like my gut is no longer badly leaking, but still very inflamed and sensitive. I'm on the path!

I've been on an anti-candida diet for about 5 weeks - which for me is mainly fish, eggs, a lot of fresh vegetables (cooked and raw), green smoothies with lots of flax seed, lots of good oils, some nuts and seeds, no grains or sugar of any kind. The first few weeks were kind of still an adjusting period as I drank a few times and gave in to sugar cravings a few times but its getting a lot easier to follow it strictly as my cravings for sugar/carbs/alcohol are fading fast. Once I've been strict for a while I will start to re-introduce some low-sugar fruits, maybe small amounts of whole grains, and then more and more foods from there as I see fit. But I have been feeling pretty good on this diet so I will try to stick to it for a while to give myself as much time to heal as I need.

Beyond diet I am taking some supplements - L-glutamine and colostrum, and digestive enzymes with meals, as well as something called "Interphase" that is an enzyme that breaks down the biofilm in the intestine so that antifungals and probiotics can get in there and kill candida. Also trying to drink a lot of fish bone broth.

I can definitely feel that the healing process is underway but I also know that it is only the beginning of a long journey I will need to have patience with.

I've been on an anti-candida diet for about 5 weeks - which for me is mainly fish, eggs, a lot of fresh vegetables (cooked and raw), green smoothies with lots of flax seed, lots of good oils, some nuts and seeds, no grains or sugar of any kind.

Awesome! Sounds almost exactly like my diet, except I do eat a lot of fruit. For me it's more leaky gut that candida although I do candida flares if I eat any rice or processed sugar. Fruits seem to be different for me. I think I might just stay grain free forever. Even though I improved a LOT being gluten, corn and soy free, I still always had at least one infected acne-like lesion on my skin. My gut was still leaking through and causing skin problems. Now, without ANY grains, it seems to be healing.

I'm basically doing a high raw version of the specific carbohydrate diet, minus the dairy. :)

Deja - that all sounds pretty useful, I might try cutting rice out and see how that works for me, although that would make things pretty hard to start with :\

I would, however, look into Ayurveda, before going on a raw food diet - if you're already very slender, it could mean that you have a particular type of constitution/metabolism/dosha, like mine - which means that Vata/Vata-Pitta doshas shouldn't really eat much raw food outside of summer, and late spring.
http://www.indiaoz.com.au/health/ayurveda/bodytype.shtml

Have a look into it anyways - just kinda made me think, as I was going to do a raw food diet during the autumn, but I was advised against it.

Last edited:
if i can merely maintain my current gains by year end, i'll be a happy monkey

I've been sticking to my goals so far. My endurance has increased *I can now hike up our long, super steep driveway carrying bags of groceries WITHOUT stopping, when around the beginning of the year I would get winded and have to stop and rest a couple times on the way* and I've still been doing a lot of juicing. Yesterday I had 3 cups of celery/kale/zuchinni/pineapple juice yesterday. :)

Deja - that all sounds pretty useful, I might try cutting rice out and see how that works for me, although that would make things pretty hard to start with

I would, however, look into Ayurveda, before going on a raw food diet - if you're already very slender, it could mean that you have a particular type of constitution/metabolism/dosha, like mine - which means that Vata/Vata-Pitta doshas shouldn't really eat much raw food outside of summer, and late spring.
http://www.indiaoz.com.au/health/ayu...bodytype.shtml

Have a look into it anyways - just kinda made me think, as I was going to do a raw food diet during the autumn, but I was advised against it.

I think according to ayurveda I'm a vata/kapha or something... I used to know. I was really into ayu a long time ago but it never seemed to help me much honestly... I think it's kind of too simplistic for how complicated the human body can be.