• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

New to the world of heroin: helping my fiance through w/d

Lostfiance

Greenlighter
Yesterday morning, my fiance came to me asking for help through w/d from heroin. He had gone through this in the past. Most recently was clean for 2.5 months, which was when we met. I was not aware he had been using again for the past 3 months. I don't know how much he was using daily. I have never used his doc, so I have no experience in this. I have researched and read and talked to many people... But I want to make sure I am helping him the best way.

We are now on day 2. He had been going through the sweating, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle cramps, rls, tremors... He told me that he had been tapering down. He told me in the past, he had gone cold turkey and by day 3 he would be feeling better.

I have an array of medications that I believe could help him through this and have done a ton of research as to what might help what. I am hoping to hear what and/or how much would help him, if at all, and maybe kind of what to expect moving further into his withdrawals.

Here's what I have:
Immodium
Zofran 4mg tabs
Trazodone 50mg tabs
Robaxin 100mg tabs
Clonidine .1mg tabs

So far, I have given him, in the last 24 hours, Imodium (2 pills 2 times), Zofran(2 tabs yesterday afternoon & 1 tab this morning), Robaxin(1000mg last night & this morning) and Clonidine (.1mg this morning only.)

Like I said, I have no experience. Please help!

If it is available near you, have him try taking some Kratom. I personally believe that mixing about 6 grams of dried leaf powder in a sleepy time tea works best. Kratom helped me get off heroin completely. I've been off junk for over 3 years now. best of luck! also NyQuil helped me alot, but im not sure how that could react to all those medications you've listed, so I would look into interactions of those drugs if you wish to try it.

Can you get gabapentin? For my opiate with drawl, restless legs were the absolute worst. The gabapentin helped tremendously, as well as a good soak in hot water. Hot shower or bath would help too. Aside from that, try the many, many other threads here in Sober Living, as well as here- the Dark Side that speak to opiate with drawls. Below are a couple of links
Tapering & Support Thread- people posting about tapering and withdrawl
Directory- where you can find lots of links (this is better than me picking ones I think might help you)