• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin New to insufflating heroin #4

TrippyDrops

Greenlighter
Hello all! I'm new to sniffing heroin #4 and would immensely appreciate any help with a couple questions I have regarding harm reduction that I can't find anywhere offline. As per my tolerance for context, my preferred dose is 60- 80mg of oxycodone, but I only do that one every few months. This won't usually have me nodding, but euphoric to an hour or so. I had a lot of opana a few years back and think it may have affected my tolerance (my favorite opioid!), and I take kratom everyday.

I recently got a bag of #4 and have been weighing out two/three 10mg lines and insufflate them ~15-30 minutes apart. The #4 is more sedating than euphoric for me, but it's my understanding that's just how the substance is. Anyways, I feel as though I could potentially take a few more bumps, but want to know when and how to know I should be done and not continue. I haven't nodded off in a very long time, and I received fent pressed pills sold as pharmaceutical some time ago which gave me a scare, so perhaps I'm fearing just the nod? Even on small doses I still get anxiety about falling asleep

My second question, which I cannot find online for the life of me, is how can you tell you have OD'd and are in death territory? For example, generally when nodding one will feel very sedated and go to sleep , but isn't that what OD'ing is like? How could I tell the difference and not fear not waking up? I have narcan and it'd be nice to know when I would ever need to administer (if I would even be physically able to by then). Of course I know the safest answer is to have a monitor, but I still would appreciate the knowledge. I'm also aware dosages are personally tailored and everyone is different, but even general replies will help.

Thank you so much in advance!!

TLDR:
1. How can you tell when you should probably stop redosing?
2. What are some telltale signs you have OD'd and need to take action?

Bonus Q: How do you find peace of mind when falling asleep on strong opioids?​

1. You can tell when you should stop redosing when you are already nodding off. When I was beginning to use #4 0.10g would do the trick in about 20-30 minutes. Now I use a needle so I get a good rush and usually stop for a week or 2 right now. Also I got to mention I relapsed about a week ago (about 1 year clean) and my tolerence is pretty low so far. 1 bag gets me good for a day. Try to space out your dose so you can get more of an effect out of it. Redosing to often will obviously build your tolerance up quickly.

2. My dope buddy had the experience of having slow heart beat and wasn't able to talk, was pale. It is something you can avoid if you DO NOT redose with a needle TOO FAST. You can be good for 1 hour then redose and a few minutes later OD, this being that if you are still high and the dope hasn't metabolized through your body. But hey best to always do it with someone when you can, if alone I guess go to a supervised injection site or a public bathroom real quick (not every time lol).

Bonus A: You can play some music, I like to put on some Alice in Chains - Whale and Wasp. Something calm or mellow. ;)
Hope my post gives you some help man coming from me. Stay safe out there and if you ever do decide to shoot up check into syringe exchange since it gets expensive buying rigs when you got a serious habit. I started out sniffing #4 but I quickly switched.
Feel free to PM me if you got anymore questions bro.

1. You can tell when you should stop redosing when you are already nodding off. When I was beginning to use #4 0.10g would do the trick in about 20-30 minutes. Now I use a needle so I get a good rush and usually stop for a week or 2 right now. Also I got to mention I relapsed about a week ago (about 1 year clean) and my tolerence is pretty low so far. 1 bag gets me good for a day. Try to space out your dose so you can get more of an effect out of it. Redosing to often will obviously build your tolerance up quickly.

2. My dope buddy had the experience of having slow heart beat and wasn't able to talk, was pale. It is something you can avoid if you DO NOT redose with a needle TOO FAST. You can be good for 1 hour then redose and a few minutes later OD, this being that if you are still high and the dope hasn't metabolized through your body. But hey best to always do it with someone when you can, if alone I guess go to a supervised injection site or a public bathroom real quick (not every time lol).

Bonus A: You can play some music, I like to put on some Alice in Chains - Whale and Wasp. Something calm or mellow. ;)
Hope my post gives you some help man coming from me. Stay safe out there and if you ever do decide to shoot up check into syringe exchange since it gets expensive buying rigs when you got a serious habit. I started out sniffing #4 but I quickly switched.
Feel free to PM me if you got anymore questions bro.
Your post most definitely gave me help! I thought it'd be wise to seek out knowledge from those with experience and this is exactly what you gave me. I really appreciate your kind and thorough answers to a stranger!

Is there a thread that explains what the different types of H are? I’m confused why people are saying H3 and H4. I always thought dope was dope didn’t know there were different types so if there is a thread explaining this can someone link it I tried searching on here but I couldn’t find anything.

H3 is base which is usually for vaporizing/ smoking but can be used via IV if you put some citric acid into your solution.

H4 is salt which can be used via any route without the addition of citric acid. It dissolves steadily when combined with water. If you want to vaporize/ chase it, It's a good idea to mix it with caffeine in order to raise the temperature for vaporization otherwise H4 burns before vaporization takes place.

If you OD it's to late by then n there will be nothing you can do about it you just havta know your tolerance I can guarantee you you won't OD on 30mg technically nodding out is ODING most people who do heroin are trying to get a nod and its not nesaacerily that they feel comfortable falling asleep on heroin it's just that's part of getting high on heroin

When I've OD'd from snorting I start to feel intense hot flashes and my vision starts to go in, along with this weird physical feeling of "panic". That's when i catch myself manually breathing faster and faster.

At that point there's no real euphoria at all, just terror.

The whole heroin number system is technically outdated created by the DEA before Mexican tar was a thing
There is debate whether afghan brown is really number 3 heroin or whether ithey is number 2, and number 3 is now non existant. It was supposedly a mix of caffeine and heroin hcl made for smokers but not a freebase

When I've OD'd from snorting I start to feel intense hot flashes and my vision starts to go in, along with this weird physical feeling of "panic". That's when i catch myself manually breathing faster and faster.

At that point there's no real euphoria at all, just terror.

Yeah and you have to make a concious effort to breathe, that's when you know you are in the danger zone. It's a good idea to have naloxone for this. I rescued myself from a close call with oxy using amphetamine but really naloxone is what you want if you OD.