• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

New to dilaudid frm Oxycodone ???

ehmkayy

Greenlighter
I just recently got switched to 4mg dilaudid where I was taking between 6 and 10 15mg oxycodones a day... I've learned two things since being switched... 1) I HAVE to chew them up in my mouth or there is practically no effect at all and 2) I feel like the high/effect is less than half of my oxycodones. Now I'm already taking valium and Oxycontin as well so my Dr didn't want to up my dosage on my Oxycodone and that's why he switched me over to the dilaudid. But he did this with the promise that they are "so much more potent and should do the trick just fine" when I asked because the 4mg worried me, it seemed to be so low. And now I'm worried that it IS just too low. I mean, is he right? Is Dilaudid stronger than Oxycodone? Why doesn't it feel that way? And why is the high sooo short lived? I'm already chewing em up, I could attempt to snort but I'm wondering... Is there anyway to know, like, how much Dilaudid would be equal to my old dosage of Oxycodone ? And is there anything I'm doing wrong maybe? It's just so weird cause he swore theyd work fine and got my hopes up by telling me they were so strong and I feel ridiculously underwhelmed... Thanks..

P.s. I did attempt to put this in the "Other Drugs" forum but I was having an issue with it telling me to choose a thread prefix?? Idk... Sorry :/

While I've never had dilaudid, many people say it's garbage orally and practically a waste if you don't iv it. Please please please don't iv it unless you're already a needle user. I hear nasal bioavailibility is higher than oral and if assume plugging it is probably your best bet other than iv. Have you tried opana ir? I hate oxymorphone and will never take it again, but I'm the 1%, the other 99% can't stop raving about it. I'm a CP patient as well. Currently on oxycontin and hydrocodone. I decided this month to switch from roxicodone 10 to Norco 10 just to add variety. I'm liking the Norcos a lot more than I thought I would. Good lucky buddy

Oh yeah and check opiate conversation charts, they should help you out with the dosage

ehmkayy, why are you on multiple narcotics? Why do you take the Valium? Very interested in finding out, so I may try and help you out. To help you out with what your posting, the fact that you made it this far on Bluelight, means that you are capable of looking up Dilaudid on a website like www.drugs.com or similar site. They will tell you what the drug is used for, I feel the need to mention that our main purpose is harm reduction. One thing that you may already know is that opiate drugs are dangerous when combined with central nervous system depressants of any kind. Respect those drugs that you have. They are very powerful. Anyway, what happened that you need that combo of drugs?

No I don't IV and am not interested in doing so. I didn't even know there was a thing such as a conversion chart?
Speed King, I have severe chronic pain from Degenerative Disk Desease and.. Something else I just got diagnosed with that I can't remember the name of :/ I have valium, amitriptyline and Seroquel for my Bipolar II, severe anxiety, BPD and psychosocial stressors... Fun. I know the general info of dilaudid I just don't understand why I was told it was going to be better/more effect for me when that does not seem to be the case? My PD has been spot on in the past so I'm confused? And I know with opiates in general they're "stronger" if not just swallowed but I've never experienced one just no working if swallowed... Seems.. Weird to me? **side note; all in all.. I have Oxycontin, Hydromorphone, gabapentine, tizanidine and cyclobenzaprine... Besides the ones listed above... Maybe that'll help give a better view of the picture?**

The BA Orally is piss poor. The only way these are more powerful is if you snort them. The thing with dilaudid is that it is technically a stronger medicine. But you would have to take a ton orally to equally a dose of oxycodone. If you are not too shy to snort it you will find your self much happier. If not there is not much we can do to help. Also chewing them really isnt doing anything except maybe helping them kick in a few minutes faster.

Oral dilaudid flat out sucks. And your dose is NOT enough considering how much OC you were ingesting.

For your case, prescribed medical use, oral oxycodone is a MUCH better alternative - ask your doctor to go back to the oxy, at a higher dose if needed if you are having pain at your old dose.

Okay, so you're saying that it IS stronger, but I just will not get the effects if taking orally, even with me chewing em up? Straight swallowing gives no effect, chewing up gives effect But you're right its not equal to my Oxy. So I need to try snorting or I'm probably just gonna have to switch back?

Wants2Nod.... How do I know what WOULD equal my Oxy? Is there any way to look that up specifically? I just recently heard of conversion charts but haven't found anything with my exact meds?

latest

As you can see here the oral equivalence is 20 mg of oxy is equal to 7.5 mg of HM. So you can see the MAJOR discrepancy. At this day in age I don't know how a pain management doctor would not understand this, but you are just going to have to explain to him that it is not working and you need to switch back to oxy, OR you are going to have to start snorting/plugging them.

^Exactly, agreed with Mad Dash 100%.

I will add that unless you have no luck with the doctor, I strongly advise you to not snort or plug the hydromorphone, UNLESS your doctor really refuses to help you. Hell, I'd try another doctor. Railing diluadid gave me a pretty strong rush and a powerful high, that I've never had with oral OC or even snorted OC. And I used to L O V E snorting OC back in the day. Snorted diluadid blew the OC 'come up' away, it was very powerful My point is, that kind of route of administration can turn a 'pain patient' into a 'junkie' like me pretty quick.

If you can't get a higher oral dose or go back to the OC, then railing or plugging as a last result is going to be your only option - just hoping that works out to not be the case.

Good luck!

^Exactly, agreed with Mad Dash 100%.

I will add that unless you have no luck with the doctor, I strongly advise you to not snort or plug the hydromorphone, UNLESS your doctor really refuses to help you. Hell, I'd try another doctor. Railing diluadid gave me a pretty strong rush and a powerful high, that I've never had with oral OC or even snorted OC. And I used to L O V E snorting OC back in the day. Snorted diluadid blew the OC 'come up' away, it was very powerful My point is, that kind of route of administration can turn a 'pain patient' into a 'junkie' like me pretty quick.

If you can't get a higher oral dose or go back to the OC, then railing or plugging as a last result is going to be your only option - just hoping that works out to not be the case.

Good luck!

This is also very true, thank you for posting this, I was hoping that went without saying, but thinking about it now that was a really important side note. Thanks Wants2Nod for covering my ass lol.

Agreed the conversion is all wrong - fucking Doctors and their unwillingness to learn something so remedial.

I just switched from Dilaudid 8mg 6x day to Oxycodone 15mg 6 X day. Much much better. Oral bio of Dilaudid sucks ass and I never got anything from snorting them either. I think oral bio of Oxy is like 89% or something high like that. It helps my pain much longer too. Those dillies would give me like hr of relief and these Oxys it's like 2.5 hrs. I've been looking for ways to potentiates cause I'm on opana er 20mg 3 X day and I'm pretty disappointed. It works better than MS Contin crap I was on but dam. I know oral bio of oxymorphone sucks and I got the reformulated crap cause I would def be railing them. I asked pharmacy and they said it's the only thing they get and looked at me like a junkie. They said they have a generic version so I may get that cause I'm sure Ityll be old formula. In any case, oxy is working much better for me than Dilaudid even though it's stronger. That's my take. Thanks

Yeah, I never got any effects from oral or intranasal oxymorphone. IV is a whole 'nother story, that's for sure. Thankfully OP is not interested in IV!

Yeah, iv always scared me. 2 weeks ago and I tried one my dillies. Sure the rush was great but it was like 15 min and gone. It wasn't worth the prep or the guilt. I'm fine oral and if I could get the old formula of Opana, tooting it but I'm looking for potentaters at this point

Most people bang Dillies for the full effect. I've snorted them and thought they sucked. They did take the sickness away, but it wore off very quick.

Oxycodone is better. IMO.

I just switched from Dilaudid 8mg 6x day to Oxycodone 15mg 6 X day. Much much better. Oral bio of Dilaudid sucks ass and I never got anything from snorting them either. I think oral bio of Oxy is like 89% or something high like that. It helps my pain much longer too. Those dillies would give me like hr of relief and these Oxys it's like 2.5 hrs. I've been looking for ways to potentiates cause I'm on opana er 20mg 3 X day and I'm pretty disappointed. It works better than MS Contin crap I was on but dam. I know oral bio of oxymorphone sucks and I got the reformulated crap cause I would def be railing them. I asked pharmacy and they said it's the only thing they get and looked at me like a junkie. They said they have a generic version so I may get that cause I'm sure Ityll be old formula. In any case, oxy is working much better for me than Dilaudid even though it's stronger. That's my take. Thanks

Wow so you did the exact opposite and you deff like oxycodone better. Just retells me what I was figuring out. And yes I have MS Contin and the "non tampering" is the onlyyy version they have at all.. here in Texas. I have found though that there a small effect from cutting them in half. Still not fast acting, not strong, but feelable.

Okay. So I wanted tall to know... like I said, chewing em gives a tad more effect, but my biggest problem is I have to take serveralll and it only last about 2 hours, maybe 3. Oxycodone was 4 or 5. I did try railing and I'm not gonna like it burned like a mf. But! Here's my question... and please no one get mad at me for lack of knowledge here... is snorting not the same thing as chewing? It gets crushed up and then goes down my throat.. with both.. right? Or am I just totally wrong? Also I am not at all interested in IV and am not lookin to plug. I can not get into to my Dr til the 11th, that's when I pick up my scripts... and I'm just not sure, still, what to ask... I had Oxycodone before, and yes there was effect (wwaayyy better than the Dilaudid so far) but I was still in pain. When I asked him to up my dosage, instead of doing that, he said that I need to switch up my meds/chemicals instead. So if he doesn't want to get me back on Oxy, is it even worth it to attempt to ask for a stronger Dilaudid... or do I try to ask for something totally different? And If different, what can u all tell me about other meds, good/bad.. and if may have some kind of idea what would be good for my situation/history/tolerance I would most definitely appreciate any input.
P.S. Sorryy if this is just too longg.