• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine New to cocaine, need some advice about benzos for comedown

0megaMan

Bluelighter
Hi all

I'm super-mega-extra happy that I found this website/forum. Hope all of you are safe.

I'm new to coke (under a month) and while I love it and try to be smart about how much I take and the quality (I test for fentanyl and purity) I'm having a very hard time going to bed.

Besides Xanax - what else can I do to cancel the comedown effects and hyper feeling? I go to bed late (1am or so) and stop doing coke around 7pm... I love the stimulant effect and the clarity and edge it gives me - I'm taking it to perform at work and in my day-to-day life, so quitting it doesn't sound good to me. I read about speedballs and how many lives it claimed (including some of my favorite actors) so I really don't want to combine opiods with coke.

Thank you and stay safe!

Coke is a awful choice for work

You need crystal meth bro

Be careful though or you will become hooked on stimulants and feel like you need them to perform even basic tasks

Also you should use Diazepam or Diclazepam instead of Xanax

Xanax is shit and I'm surprised it's still approved medically

If you're still hyper and unable to sleep 6 hours after finishing your last line then it's likely that your coke has active cuts - high quality coke will have worn off long, long before then

You're wise to avoid opiates but the "quitting it doesn't sound good to me" talk is a massive red flag that a nasty addiction is approaching. It's a truly insidious drug/addiction, don;t think it can't/wont happen to you

temazepam was always my go-to and preferred benzo for coke comedowns

I was an occsional binger though. If you're going down the daily or few-times-weekly route don't be taking benzo's after each session or you'll be ripe for addcition to those too which is a game changer

rotating comedown meds is safer, and get better/cleaner cocaine that wears off an hour or so after your last line

Coke is a awful choice for work

You need crystal meth bro

Be careful though or you will become hooked on stimulants and feel like you need them to perform even basic tasks

Also you should use Diazepam or Diclazepam instead of Xanax

Xanax is shit and I'm surprised it's still approved medically
thank you,

I'm kinda afraid to try meth

thank you,

I'm kinda afraid to try meth
Umm how about prescribed stims or something a bit safer for work. I mean doing illegal stuff at work could ruin your career. Easy to obtain and designed exactly for what you want at work.

Hey @0megaMan :)

Welcome to the forums. First of all, don't ever try Methamphetamine dude. It's not ever been a good thing for anyone who has ever tried it. I see people on a daily basis in my city who are shells of human beings as a result of Methamphetamine and this is coming from a junkie who existed in a community of junkies for years for whom others would have made similar comments. These people are sad and disturbing to me.

Anyway, you're dealing with a powerful stimulant. The only thing that's really going to counter the effects of it effectively are going to be fairly powerful sedatives like Benzodiazepines. If you are at all into Cannabis, perhaps a small dose of an edible an hour before bed might be helpful. You're not going to get the relief you're looking for from a nice cup of tea. It's going to take either the drug wearing off or you taking something to counter it.

You mention work as being important to you. I would suggest not getting more into hard drugs if you're stability and work are truly important to you. There are exceptions to the rule in life always, but the path is pretty well-laid out for most drugs; the path to addiction, I mean. I've known a lot of addicts and I've talking with a lot of folks here on Bluelight. I've heard the "man, Amphetamine/Cocaine just makes me so good at my job. It gives me this edge over other people that I think could really help my life go in the right direction. I've been looking for something like this for a while".

I know the script for Opiates too. It usually goes something like "Oxycodone finally made me feel truly comfortable in my own skin. I finally felt like the universe was opening up to me and just, you know, really allowing me to be me and just exist how I want to exist". I'm not being demeaning. We're all people here and I've been through all of the same shit.

Folks who use Cocaine very often say they love Cocaine but complain of the "rough edges" produced by the drug and/or the insomnia it causes. A typical cure for this is the use of Alcohol. It often starts with a drink that provokes the craving for Cocaine which creates the desire for more Alcohol which leads to running out of Cocaine then drinking until you're able to sleep.

I'm not saying this is you, but I see you enjoying Cocaine and searching for remedies for its negative side effects and it makes me a little worried because this is practically a trope or stereotype in the world of Cocaine usage and I can tell you're not really aware of it.

=========================================

If you don't want to be lectured, I'm just going to say that a sedative is what you're asking for. Benzodiazepines are the most commonly available and used sedatives of this nature. Stuff like Melatonin or herbal stuff might help somewhat, but that is mostly for people with mild issues with their sleep cycle whereas your issue is caused by a powerful central nervous system stimulant.

Thank you for the detailed and informative reply. I'm trying to cut down usage to one line every 2-3 hrs on weekends (time lock safe) and once my current stash is done, I don't plan on getting any more. While I do like the 'positive' effects, not being able to sleep and the nose bleeds are getting to me.

I stay away from opiates, as a while ago I almost OD'd while taking prescribed tapentadol - post dental surgery; took 1 pill, did not feel any effects, broke another one in half and took that without realizing I went from slow to immediate release - worst feeling ever (had someone drive me to get Narcan while I was struggling to stay awake).

Thank you!

I'm not sure if i'm experiencing cocaine withdrawal symptoms, but this is the 2nd day with no blow and I feel kinda weird (hard to describe, no physical pain, but lethargic and 'dull') - I was ok all day, got hit around 5 pm... I know coke affects dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine - but those effects should only last 1 hr or so, and unlike other poisons, coke's not supposed to have physical withdrawal symptoms...
I'll pop a Tylenol and see if I feel better, but just wondering if coke can do that after 36+ hours of abstinence.

thanks

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Seroquel yet! Seroquel ( or Quetiapine) is like magic for scenarios like this. Take enough and you'll pass out within 2 hours no matter how high you are. For dose idk maybe 100mg. It works by reducing dopamine in the brain which is of course the opposite cocaine does. I don't suggest benzos while on stimulants period. It can have the opposite effect and all of the sudden you have all the energy and excitement of coke but also the lowered inhibitions of benzos and it can make you do some of the stupidest shit you've ever done, trust me. I still think about painful memories of mixing stimulants and benzos from 5 years back. I wouldn't recommend it.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Seroquel yet! Seroquel ( or Quetiapine) is like magic for scenarios like this. Take enough and you'll pass out within 2 hours no matter how high you are. For dose idk maybe 100mg. It works by reducing dopamine in the brain which is of course the opposite cocaine does. I don't suggest benzos while on stimulants period. It can have the opposite effect and all of the sudden you have all the energy and excitement of coke but also the lowered inhibitions of benzos and it can make you do some of the stupidest shit you've ever done, trust me. I still think about painful memories of mixing stimulants and benzos from 5 years back. I wouldn't recommend it.
thank you, i'll try that instead. Pretty cheap on some markets. I'll go 100mg and move away from xanax