• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

New here just looking for some advice with addiction

Airro__

Greenlighter
Hey guys~ I'm an 18 year old single mother and homeless alcoholic, and pill user, also smoke pot. I've kicked drink before and pills for a little, can't seem to get rid of them, kinda don't want to. But I'm asking about alcohol, this time kicking it is worse than last and my withdrawals are different than what people have told me I guess I'm just weird? Annyway, I don't know where this topic should go? Help?
~Airro

You are in the right place. Are you trying to be sober? Where are you located? What is your daily using regimen? Where are your kids?

I would expand on your original post to give us more information that will help us to help you.

What kind(s) of community do you feel apart of OP?

What kind of symptoms are you experiencing? Don't misunderstand, we can't really help you treat anything, but we might be able to offer some insight, especially from others who have shared in your particular struggles. Plus we all will be happy to support you if you just want to vent.

Take care of yourself, best you can.

Where do you live? In the big cities (los angeles, san francisco, maybe new york city) there's programs to help get you temporary housing (staying in a shelter) and back on your feet again (classes to help you with getting a job, socializing, and group meetings like AA, etc). It's not a cake walk, but it's an option.

What is your history with alcohol? When did you start drinking, how much and frequently do you drink? How many previous attempts have you made to quit drinking? Do you take benzodiazapines (Xanax, Valium, etc)? What are all the medications and substances you are currently taking?

So about all the questions but those answers will help us help you. Alcohol, along with other GABAergic drugs (benzodiazapines, non-benzodiazepines (Z-drugs), Gabapenton, Pregabalin, etc) kindle and have a cumulative effect with respect to withdrawal. If you are not doing well right now go to the Emergency Room as alcohol withdrawal can be fatal in some situations. What symptoms are you having right now?