• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Neversick November - Getting/Staying Clean Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Khan academy is a great site! I agree.

I offered any assistance to caseface that I can provide with his math placement exam, and that offer is also extended to you Burton. Feel free to send me a message with any questions you might have.

thanks Generic! I've always struggled with math, so I might just take you up on that :D Although doing it now, it seems I've developed an appreciation for it as a science that I never had before, which is making it easier for me to understand and apply than it's ever been before... not sure what brought about that change but no complaints haha

caseface - yes it is indeed for this next semester!! I'm soo excited to go back to school. I love learning and the whole school atmosphere lol I'm such a nerd sometimes :p I'm hoping to place into college level too, but I'd even be satisfied with an advanced high school level placement. Is yours for the upcoming semester as well? What are you going to school for? Also, good luck with your test, I'm sure you'll do fine though :D

And it most definitely is helpful to have a purpose and goal to work toward. Especially ones like these where the progress you make is so easily measurable, there's a definite sense of accomplishment when certain milestones are reached <3

Last edited:
10 months and 4 days. BOOM! I hope you're all doing grand, and that you had some sort of pumpkin smashing fun...MUAH!

Well, I was doing better but I fucked up. I'm not a complete mess but I am using multiple substances everyday, even though they are in smallish amounts. In the past week my cat died, my computer died, and phone got stolen. Needless to say, it has been hectic and thrown me off course. I wasn't in the best mental or financial situation to begin with and this has further exacerbated both those problems. I had to cancel a planned trip over Thanksgiving and that disappoints me as because I have family and friends there I only get to see every few years. I'm also barely making it by in my math class, it is quite possible I will fail it, ironically it is also the last credit I need to get my degree. I've been better.

I want to be back on track by 11/12/13. I like that date and hopefully I can make it my permanent quit date.

As for today, I'm not going to take any pills and with limit myself to a few beers and some cannabis. I wish I could learn to deal with life sober, but after nearly 15 years of daily drug use I turn into a basket case when all substances are removed from my system.

Best of luck to everyone else.

Nice work.. make sure to be able to identify any isolation as it usually means an addictive push.. the best way I find to do it is if I start to isolate from almost all social contact.. for me I need to reexamine it cause I sure can come up with reasons that seem sound for anything.. so give it a little honest appraisal priest just to be sure.

Last edited:
November is starting off nicely for me, which I'm grateful for. I sank into a pretty deep depression when I relapsed, and it went on for weeks... it sucked, but it also made me realize what I have to do (and NOT do lol) if I want to stay at peace with recovery and be successful at it, so I'm choosing to just look at it as a learning experience.

Oh yeah!! I've been wanting to go back to school, so I decided to take a page out of the book of CaseFace and check out that Khan website. It's a pretty legit lil site!! I love learning and the idea of having college-level courses available for free whenever you want them is one I can definitely roll with :D So I'm using that to study for my math placement exam. Math has never been my strong point, although I have gotten better at it as I've grown to appreciate it more, and last time I tested (about 5 years ago) I was placed in pre-algebra, which means I would have had to take 5 consecutive semesters of math in order to meet the graduation requirement, which is annoying because to me those are just time slots that could be put to better use. So I'm using this website to brush up on my math skills so I can hopefully turn 5 semesters into 2 or so instead, I think I'll be ready to take the test within the next couple of weeks!! :)

Anyway I've been having trouble keeping up my momentum getting clean this time around, but now that I've managed to get motivated again and my mood has brightened, plus having an actual goal to work toward again, I'm feeling a lot more hopeful about all of this <3

Happy to head you're back on track for November, great way to start the month, fresh and clean. Keep the road positive <3!

10 months and 4 days. BOOM! I hope you're all doing grand, and that you had some sort of pumpkin smashing fun...MUAH!

Nice work man ;) BOOM for sure ;)! <3 Having a fantastic strain of events myself :).

Well, I was doing better but I fucked up. I'm not a complete mess but I am using multiple substances everyday, even though they are in smallish amounts. In the past week my cat died, my computer died, and phone got stolen. Needless to say, it has been hectic and thrown me off course. I wasn't in the best mental or financial situation to begin with and this has further exacerbated both those problems. I had to cancel a planned trip over Thanksgiving and that disappoints me as because I have family and friends there I only get to see every few years. I'm also barely making it by in my math class, it is quite possible I will fail it, ironically it is also the last credit I need to get my degree. I've been better.

I want to be back on track by 11/12/13. I like that date and hopefully I can make it my permanent quit date.

As for today, I'm not going to take any pills and with limit myself to a few beers and some cannabis. I wish I could learn to deal with life sober, but after nearly 15 years of daily drug use I turn into a basket case when all substances are removed from my system.

Best of luck to everyone else.

Man, bad sequence of events right there, but don't let yourself use it as an excuse <3, I know it's hard not to, that's some shitty stuff to go through. I'm happy to hear you have a sobriety day set, but why so far away?

31.. I believe that's a month. :0

One month!!! Booyah!

I'm still doing OK here a year and 3 months. I'm taking a break from this site to focus on myself.

Glad to hear you're doing fine sir.priest <3, also happy to hear you're taking some time to focus on yourself.

As for me, Today was Day 76, didn't get to post but wanted to get it in. Doing well myself. Sept, Oct, and now Nov. are going well and just as planned and I can say for certain things have been getting better and better as the days pass :).

Keep up the fantastic work guys!! <3

Not much but day 2 for me (off opiates) Bracing myself for the hell of a ride ahead...

AlwaysSick November in my case.. lol :/

good luck to all trying to sober up. it's a fucking hard but not impossible

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be posting. I'm just in a bad position right now. I miss my buddy, I would give anything to say sorry. Why do I have to feel this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.