• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Nevada and Nebraska Executioners Turning to Fentanyl

If I had no choice but to be executed by drug poisoning, I would hope that a strong opioid would be a major constituent of the cocktail.

"Damn this fentanyl stuff sure is killing a ton of people. Why don't we use this for executions"
- Nebraska legislature

And you know the Chinese aren't going to have any issue with drugs they manufacture being used in executions.

Did any of you see the doses listed for Jose Sandoval's execution?

2 mg of diazepam and 25 micrograms of fentanyl. Shit, they give you more fentanyl for a colonoscopy than that. There's no way those doses produce unconsciousness. At least they have the decency to paralyze the man so that we can't witness him failing while being pumped full of potassium chloride :\

Did any of you see the doses listed for Jose Sandoval's execution?

2 mg of diazepam and 25 micrograms of fentanyl. Shit, they give you more fentanyl for a colonoscopy than that. There's no way those doses produce unconsciousness. At least they have the decency to paralyze the man so that we can't witness him failing while being pumped full of potassium chloride :\
Yes, that jumped out at me too. I take 1mg of lorazepam just to fall asleep and that's the equivalent of 8-10mg of diazepam so 2mg isn't going to do jack shit. When my dad was a terminal cancer patient he was getting 100 micrograms of fentanyl an hour. Something is seriously wrong if this isn't struck down by the courts.