• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Neurontin/1,800mg) - Daily - Neurontin As A Potentiator (My Experiments)

MichiganJunkie

Greenlighter
Neurontin Potentiates Recreational Drugs
Important Information!

Ok, so, let me introduce myself a little bit...

I am a very experienced drug user. I've had experiences with a myriad of substances ranging from uppers to downers to all arounders ;). I'm also big into harm reduction and drug safety so I'm going to make sure I word this as well as I can to prevent confusion

As most of you know Neurontin is an anti-convulsant and anti-epileptic GABA based drug that does NOT actually affect your production of the GABA. Which is weird because it works well yet no one knows it's mechanism of action. Since the drug acts on the same brainwaves as Alcohol or Benzodiazepines it makes you feel high. It also works as an anti-depressant and an anti-anxiety medication with analgesic properties. The drug itself is not metabolized in the liver so it is safe to combine with most medications... Benzos, Opiates, and Amphetamines I am speaking of in particular. Also Marijuana, yes, it potentiates pot too!

"Gabapentin is eliminated from the systemic circulation by renal excretion as unchanged drug. Gabapentin is not appreciably metabolized in humans." - RXLIST.com
Since I have been prescribed this for nerve pain and anxiety I have had time to experiment a little bit (of course taking safety into consideration). These views that I express are that of my own and may not be the same for everybody because everyone reacts differently to drugs.

I'm quite excited talking about this drug as it has definitely improved my life. It takes the edge off and gets rid of all kinds of aches and pains but MORE IMPORTANTLY potentiates drugs very well. I will share my own experiences with these mixtures and compare them.

(Warning: I am referring to these drugs with my personal tolerance, your tolerance may be different than mine so take that into consideration. Do your research, test the waters, and take your personal dose)

My Gabapentin dose is 1,600mg for all of these.
First up is Morphine: Morphine seems to effect me strongly as an opiate I would honestly consider this one of my favorites. With morphine alone I get really high, euphoric, sedated, and itchy (AND I MEAN FUCKING ITCHY). It usually takes me about 80mg Morphine to get a buzz going as I have a chronic tolerance to opiates. The feeling alone is great but when the Gabapentin is added into the mix I get an all new type of feeling. It smooths out the rough edges, increases analgesia 5 fold, lets me relax and offers me sleep when I need it. The best part is that it makes me peak a lot harder and concentrate better. The mixture I can only describe as powerful and beautiful. Imagine being out on a wonderful spring day and all the colors are saturated and bright. At one point at night time I got so high that I started having double vision! ;D It seems as if the Gabapentin lowers my tolerance to opiates and will give me the same effect as a higher dose. If you like nodding out consider this.
The next one I want to talk about is Xanax: I have a love-hate relationship with Xanax, it has gotten me out of some tight spots in my life but it also leaves me feeling dried out, exhausted and lost in nothingness. The usual dose for me to feel euphoric recreationally is one bar (2mg) but with the Neurontin combined I only need to take .5mg the feeling for me is even better than the bar itself... they synergize to kill any anxiety I was feeling and leaves me feeling a clear minded cloudy feeling. The sedation is pretty pronounced but so is the euphoria. Sleeping happens quick with this combo so make sure you're in a safe place with a bed for this! Xanax and Gabapentin work on the same receptor so side effects such as dizziness and loss of coordination are very possible.

Amphetamines are next, Adderall in particular: This one is very interesting for me. I only recently got to try this combination out an I'll tell you I love every bit of it. The Neurontin's nerve calming properties take the edge off of the Adderall to the point where anxiety is pretty much non-existent... It gets rid of the headache associated with the Amphetamines as well. The most important thing for me is that Gabapentin is a must for the comedown. Yeah, you know that wicked comedown that creeps up on you and sends you spiraling down into depression and pain? Well after a night of binging it takes the depression away, the weird muscle movements, headaches, stomach aches, and also plays a big role in helping me sleep... the comedown is extremely minimal and I don't feel any adverse effects from mixing.
This one is fascinating, Marijuana: I don't know the scientific mechanism of how this works but it seems as if the Neurontin lowers my tolerance to pot SUBSTANTIALLY. When I'm dosed and decide to medicate I can only smoke a fourth of what I could normally smoke and get baked. The high is really wonderful, feels I'm floating and everything is perfect and amazing. It actually helps me open up and be talkative as well. This combo is perfect if you're going to a party or going for a nice walk!

Basically what I'm saying is that Neurontin has a lot of potential as a potentiator and is even safe in doses up to 3,000mg-5,000mg. There has even been people that have taken up to 20,000mg and had no problems whatsoever. The only problem I see in this medication is that it can definitely get addicting and if you take it every day for long enough you may experience withdrawal symptoms. I am a candidate of this and my withdrawal is really difficult to deal with cold turkey. So take my advice, be smart about what you're putting in your body and always do your research beforehand! There's one more thing too, tolerance develops quite rapidly so you might see yourself having to raise your dose if you're using it daily.

Method of administration: I had a hard time finding this information when I was researching a while ago so I thought I'd type one out real quick to help you folks out! The drug is best absorbed (highest bio-availability) when you space your doses out (yes really). Find out what dose you're going to take, pop one pill or empty the powder and eat it (IT'S THE BITTEREST TASTE EVER), wait about 30 minutes to an hour before you pop the next one. Do this until you've achieved your ideal dosage and it should take about 1.5-2 hours for it to kick in and it lasts about 12-14 hours long. It is rumored that drinking soda or lemon juice will help absorb the pills quicker. If this is true I'm assuming that the absorption relies a lot on stomach acidity. Eating a good meal beforehand with help as well.

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed all the information provided. I also hope it helps you in your quest to get higher! :) Remember the golden rule: STAY SAFE! Be careful, know your body, respect it!
I will answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability!

As most of you know Neurontin is an anti-convulsant and anti-epileptic GABA based drug that does NOT actually affect your production of the GABA. Which is weird because it works well yet no one it's mechanism of action. Since the drug acts on the same brainwaves as Alcohol or Benzodiazepines it makes you feel high.

That's incorrect, while it's mechanism isn't fully understood we know that gabapentin works on the a2 sub-unit of voltage gated calcium channels and more likely than not doesn't affect GABA at all...Benzodiazepines are confirmed GABA-a agonists and Alcohol works on both GABA-a and GABA-b iirc, could be wrong about alcohols MOA. I just had a similar conversation in this thread below where you can find plenty of sources and info on Gabapentins MOA.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/718992-What-not-to-expect-from-GABAPENTIN

Sorry, I just wanted to make sure people recieve correct info...please don't take offense. As for your trials you did a great job at reporting your findings. Now I'm no stim user but I do love me some opioids and I do find that gabapentin potentiates some opioids but gabapentin has actually been shown to decrease absorbtion of certain opioids so gabapentin doesn't play well with all opiates/opioids. Sources below. As for.cannabis.I didn't really experience the potentiation you did, I mean it was a bit trippier but not too much though admittedly I have only been smoking 1-2 bong hits per sesh lately as I find that cannabis really ramps up the anxiety of withdrawal.

Gabapentin enhances the analgesic effect of morphine
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10866910?

Gabapentin decreases hydrocodone bioavailability
http://www.healthcentral.com/druglibrary/408/neurontin-warnings_precautions_4.html

What's ironic is that while is that while gabapentin decreases hydrocodone's BA it increases gabapentin's BA. Also another tip for increasing gabapentin's BA is to take Aleve (ibuprofen) before dosing. Gabapentin is fun for about a day or two but then it loses it's effectiveness. I've been using what some would consider med/high doses of gabapentin for about a week now for kratom withdrawal and it works wonders but does NOT feel like a GABA-ergic IME, in fact I took 2,400mgs yesterday and while I felt no real high I started to hallucinate towards the end if the day. Right before bed to be exact. I saw alot of static hallucinations and at points I was sure the Infamous static.spider hallucinations were gonna arise so I took some alprazolam and all was good. It should be mentioned though that gabapentin seems to potentiate benzos as well, going by my experience I would say about 30% more potent but of course that's a guess based on my experience. Anyways thanks for taking the time to share your findings :)

Last edited:
Since the drug acts on the same brainwaves as Alcohol or Benzodiazepines it makes you feel high.

What do you mean by this?

ebola