• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Need some specific tips for iv'ing H please

gillard51

Greenlighter
I have been iv'ing heroin for just over a year and i have exhausted the veins on my hands and both sides of my forearms and only been able to find and hit a few on the inside of my bicep and both feet i have exhausted/want to leave the site alone. The only part of my fore arm i have yet to find a vein on is the outside bit when you pull your fist up to your face, so i would say it is inbetween both sides.
I am looking for some specific tips/guidance on finding veins in other sites like the stomach and legs. I have 30g and 25g pins.
For the stomach veins are they on surface or deeper so would need me to go in at a steeper angle and the same with the legs. Really really dont want to use the groin yet since there are so many sites i am yet to even use. I inject one or two times a day. I have googled the area's for iv drug use but when it comes to finding them on my self i cant get them.
So any tip's or advice you can give to me would be great. I should mention i have a boiling hot shower for 20 plus minuets before usual doing my Morning jab and use a tourniquet with fresh needles every time and alcohol swabs.
Thanks

I’ve never injected myself so i can’t say much about it but have you ever tried plugging? Plugging is much safer then injection and has the second highest bioavailability for most drugs, injection obviously number one. Maybe just use this method for a while and let your veins recover.

Sorry i couldn’t help you with your specific question, stay safe.

At a certain point you have to come to the realization that IV'ing has run it's course and the time for preservation of any remaining veins left is paramount to your health. As you get older things like sclerosis and deep vein thrombi as well as granulomas in your lungs, as it is a main area of filtration with small capillaries and alveoli, become serious risks . But if you're determined to continue I would strongly recommend Sterifilts or Micron filters 0.22um. Sterifilts are very inexpensive and micron filters are about a buck apiece or less if you buy in bulk. It's a wise investment in your health and worth looking into. As far as finding more veins you seem to have some decent techniques already, maybe a short burst of exercise if it doesn't make you shake when shooting.

Definitely try 'plugging/ booting' i.e. use a syringe without the needle up the rectum. Works for me, because i have a job where any needle tracks would show.

What is it you’re shooting? Don’t mean to sound patronising but if you’ve gone through that many veins injecting twice a day for about a year you really shouldn’t be losing them that fast. Something might be amiss with your technique, can you describe what you do?

I use brand new sterile equipment every time.I get as much as i need from the needle exchange.
I am injection heroin.
First of all i get my equipment out and zero the spoon on the scales to weigh out the amount i am going to take and prep it with vit c. I draw up some sterile water and place it i the spoon,heat it and then let it cool down and prep the site with a alcohol wipe thing.
i will feel for a vein but it can be very very hard with the stretch marks i have all over from BodyBulding. Once i find or can see a vein i will insert the needle slowly with the bevel in the correct postion, then i will pull the slowly back out and wait for bit of dark blood,then i pull back to make sure and then slowly inject it.
Other area's i will use a tourniquet and i am guilty of not removing it until after the shot is administered.I do not ever pull the needle out completely with the tourniquet still on. I hope that helps. I for sure think something is not right with my technique because recently i went for a blood test and booked a double appointment just encase it took longer,but the nurse found it first time just on the outside of my forearm. There could well be a few untapped spots in the locations i think are exhausted.
I should also mention i am not meaning to sound t rude at all,i go to a recovery center and have greatly reduced the amount. For now i am happy with for now.
Thanks for all the help so far. Even if you can describe how you do it amnesiaseizure that would be greatly appreciated

The vein on the out side and less so on the inside of your forearm tends to roll more then most others. If you bring your fist up to your cheek you can access the outside forearm vein but it's difficult. Most have better luck with the Basilic and Antebrachial esp at the merging point of the crook of your arm (inside or opposite side of your elbow).

The Cephalic can be tougher to hit but if your a muscular guy you might have luck inside of your bicep just be careful as there are nerve trunks near it and it's large so it can bleed more, use pressure/ alcohol pad and always a new needle as tearing is bad esp in large veins. If these are a no go move distally down the inside forearm and spend some time mapping it out with your fingers before hand, tied off if you prefer just not for very long.

The spongy feel is what you're looking for and with some time mapping you can improve your chances manifold. Your technique seems sound, just use patience and mapping along with your showers, hydrating and a quick bout of exercise like stairs or semi bar dips while seated to pop things up. Go as easy with the citric acid as possible as that causes sclerosis and collapsing at an increased rate as the final pH is about 2.8 when the #3 H goes to a citrate. There's a good video on youtube that elucidates the conversion. Ask about sterifilts, they are excellent and simple to use. Protects vascular system in lungs & heart.

Lastly acquire one of these sooner rather than later . http://testkitplus.com/product/fentanyl-test-kit

I'm really not trying to patronize you I just can't stress enough that this is serious business. If I can be of further help post again or PM me. Stay Safe Gill &Good Luck! JA

Median+Vein+of+the+Forearm.jpg
6652.myextj

The only thing that really stands out from what you said is the not releasing the tourniquet BEFORE injecting. I don't know the facts but it's likely this is putting more pressure on your veins and possibly doing more damage than necessary. Don't quote me on that but you seem to be doing everything else right. Do you tend to hit the vein first time (when they were good)? Do you flush the syringe while still in the vein? And how much citric do you use, if any at all? If you are using citric you only need a very small amount, there's a video on YT which shows how little.