• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Need some help on how to IV correctly/safely

Edaw'Naflagn

Bluelighter
I've been using drugs for at least 12 years and opiates and benzo's for 8-9 years now. I've been a half IV user (as in I don't always IV just when it's preferred or needed) and don't want what happened to my old friend who had a stroke from all the drugs he used everyday to happen to me... Any tips on how to filter out pills/heroine (I hate heroine but will use on occasion) and how to be safe while IVing these drugs. I have to help out A LOT of people and I can't be one of the hurt family members/friends who need/relay on me for help, etc... So what's the best tips for safe IVing? Sorry if there is a mega thread on how to safely Inject drugs I'm just in a rush typing this in at work. Had no time to search through everything this site has to offer, sorry if I made a fuckinf stupid post and didn't just search I just didn't have the time to read a mega thread for hours.

I will move this to Other Drugs, because you're more likely to get good answers there.

--> OD

The average addict doesn't have the care or concern to order a bunch of micron filters online and patiently wait to get high. If you are one of them guys, Including myself, please filter the pills qquite a few times, if it's cotton that you have, please filter 4-5 times, and even that is not safe.
I been there before so I know how it is.NEVER apply heat to any drug you are IVing, the only exception is black tar heroin. Cold or warm water is just fine. ..

Thanks for the link, I've been IVing for about 4 years now. I'm just wanting to IV pills and or, heroine if I ever need to but, don't wanna do it incorrectly or half-ass it. Knowing that all the binders/fillers, & shit ends up in your lungs. So I want to be as safe and do as much harm reduction as possible to help prevent stroke, heart attack, etc...

The average addict doesn't have the care or concern to order a bunch of micron filters online and patiently wait to get high. If you are one of them guys, Including myself, please filter the pills qquite a few times, if it's cotton that you have, please filter 4-5 times, and even that is not safe.
I been there before so I know how it is.NEVER apply heat to any drug you are IVing, the only exception is black tar heroin. Cold or warm water is just fine. ..
Thanks :) I'm no novice at IVing drugs, I've been an IV user for about 4 or more years now and just wanted to get better at doing so. I'm curious about wheel filters, & other ways of harm reduction for my health's sake. I don't need any crazy shit to happen to me due to my chemical romance. Preferable opiates/benzo's and of course one of my favorite rare prescription drugs to get- barbiturates. I love'em but it's so hard to find, get, or gain a script for one of the many barbs we have on this planet. The only barbiturate I can get is simple butalbital, so I can't shoot that and I hate the caffeine in them due to my sensitivity to sitmulates/uppers in general; I also am very, very sensitive to anti-psychotics, & anti-depressantes as well. Reason I love barbs and my anti-depressantes of choice Alprozalam that I also use for my extreme panic attacks/seizures I rarely can get sadly... I also take Temazepam for my extreme insomnia that makes me stay up for fucking days! I may have to get Traizolam soon due to how bad my insomnia is getting and yes, I've tried EVERYTHING. Even the horrid medications they give to some for the same extreme insomnia that I have, but since it's getting so much worse, Traizolam may have to be the last medication on the list of sleeping medications that will have to do for me. My insomnia is so bad if I stay up for way too many days, I can get into a really bad state of mind and slowly start going into a psychotic break sadly so I and my doctor both agree Traizolam isn't good to be on for life but it's better than me being put back into a phyicward, & allow me to sleep and lose the stress I have that's been building up since I was a young lad.

please look up how to use a micron filter... there is a great walk through that captain heroin made. its in his subutex post...

I wish it was as simple in some places as others to just go to a needle exchange and get clean rigs and micron filters(not sure if the needle exchange hands these out anywhere, never been to one as I don't have any close to me.).. but unfortunately I live somewhere, where pharmacies don't want to even sell you clean needles.. which sucks. I know of only one way to get them, and that is from a friend of mine who has regular access to clean rigs, never even seen a micron filter IRL, always used cottons. I too have been IVing for ~4 years or so.. I have a technique down for whatever drug it is I am prepping for IV, whether its pills, dope, or coke.. Pills, which I usually slam subutex these days, are something that need to be filtered well and when doing this you should have a micron filter, if you are able to have them shipped to your house/have easy access to fresh microns as much as you need.. if your like me, and lots of others out there, you should do the next best thing, and filter through tightly rolled q-tip cottons, multiple times depending on what pill it is, something like subutex, needs to be filtered like 2-4 times at least, to get the solution crystal clear with cotton filters.. I usually wet them a bit, then roll them tightly which makes it a better filter usually, as the tighter its rolled, the less binders/fillers will be pulled through when pulling it up in your rig.. Dilaudid, to be honest I usually don't have to filter more than 1-2 times, because it just melts perfectly into cold-room temp water, and never heat pills, EVER! this causes some binders/fillers to melt into the solution which you do not want in your body! Heroin, I usually use cool-room temp water, and filter 2-3 times or until solution is clear, with no cloudiness to it, only bother cooking if it is black tar, if its powder dope, there is no need to, and it wastes some of the solution when heated if its powder, I have lost over 10-20 units of my solution heating water/tan east coast powder dope, thus losing some of the dope I put into it... which sucked, ever since that last time I heated it.. whenever I shot dope(don't do it anymore, on subutex) I just used cool-room temp-warm water, and dope, stirred, filtered 2-3 times, and had no issues.. Coke, is the easiest thing ever to IV IME, if its a decent-good purity without too much cut, it should melt right into cool-warm water just fine, and doesn't need to be stirred too much, if at all, I usually just put the amount of coke I want to do in a spoon, add water, filter 1-2 times, usually just 1 will work, and it works just perfect.. now if its cut to shit, that's different, sometimes its cut with bs like flour, BC headache powder, and other garbage, and needs to be filtered numerous times! If its not clear on the 2nd filter, its garbage and should be cleaned up, or cooked up and just smoked imo... Always angle the needle just right, in your more pronounced, fat, juicy veins if possible.. I have veins I have been using since the first shot I ever did, and they still work perfect every shot(usually!), but always rotate to other spots.. don't hit the same site, over and over! Use clean utensils, always! never re-use needles if possible, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do if your as bad an IV addict as myself, where you have no desire to do certain drugs any other way but IV, which for me is just a handful of different drugs I have tried iv or never bothered, like benzos, which for the most part a way better just taken orally, excluding a few.. And amphetamines, like Adderall, suck IV too.. better off being taken oral, sniffed, or plugged! oxy is too, the one opioid, I mess with(or messed with) that I preferred to use other ROAs, because IV oxy, is not that great IME, unless mixed with another opioid like dilaudid which gives a nice rush! that is amazing feeling.. Be clean, be safe, and be smart! IV drug use, is by far the riskiest of ROAs to use for most drugs, so don't IV unless you have something that is worthless done another, safer ROA.. but if your like me, that isn't possible for me to do, mentally, when I have rigs!

I wish it was as simple in some places as others to just go to a needle exchange and get clean rigs and micron filters(not sure if the needle exchange hands these out anywhere, never been to one as I don't have any close to me.).. but unfortunately I live somewhere, where pharmacies don't want to even sell you clean needles.. which sucks. I know of only one way to get them, and that is from a friend of mine who has regular access to clean rigs, never even seen a micron filter IRL, always used cottons. I too have been IVing for ~4 years or so.. I have a technique down for whatever drug it is I am prepping for IV, whether its pills, dope, or coke.. Pills, which I usually slam subutex these days, are something that need to be filtered well and when doing this you should have a micron filter, if you are able to have them shipped to your house/have easy access to fresh microns as much as you need.. if your like me, and lots of others out there, you should do the next best thing, and filter through tightly rolled q-tip cottons, multiple times depending on what pill it is, something like subutex, needs to be filtered like 2-4 times at least, to get the solution crystal clear with cotton filters.. I usually wet them a bit, then roll them tightly which makes it a better filter usually, as the tighter its rolled, the less binders/fillers will be pulled through when pulling it up in your rig.. Dilaudid, to be honest I usually don't have to filter more than 1-2 times, because it just melts perfectly into cold-room temp water, and never heat pills, EVER! this causes some binders/fillers to melt into the solution which you do not want in your body! Heroin, I usually use cool-room temp water, and filter 2-3 times or until solution is clear, with no cloudiness to it, only bother cooking if it is black tar, if its powder dope, there is no need to, and it wastes some of the solution when heated if its powder, I have lost over 10-20 units of my solution heating water/tan east coast powder dope, thus losing some of the dope I put into it... which sucked, ever since that last time I heated it.. whenever I shot dope(don't do it anymore, on subutex) I just used cool-room temp-warm water, and dope, stirred, filtered 2-3 times, and had no issues.. Coke, is the easiest thing ever to IV IME, if its a decent-good purity without too much cut, it should melt right into cool-warm water just fine, and doesn't need to be stirred too much, if at all, I usually just put the amount of coke I want to do in a spoon, add water, filter 1-2 times, usually just 1 will work, and it works just perfect.. now if its cut to shit, that's different, sometimes its cut with bs like flour, BC headache powder, and other garbage, and needs to be filtered numerous times! If its not clear on the 2nd filter, its garbage and should be cleaned up, or cooked up and just smoked imo... Always angle the needle just right, in your more pronounced, fat, juicy veins if possible.. I have veins I have been using since the first shot I ever did, and they still work perfect every shot(usually!), but always rotate to other spots.. don't hit the same site, over and over! Use clean utensils, always! never re-use needles if possible, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do if your as bad an IV addict as myself, where you have no desire to do certain drugs any other way but IV, which for me is just a handful of different drugs I have tried iv or never bothered, like benzos, which for the most part a way better just taken orally, excluding a few.. And amphetamines, like Adderall, suck IV too.. better off being taken oral, sniffed, or plugged! oxy is too, the one opioid, I mess with(or messed with) that I preferred to use other ROAs, because IV oxy, is not that great IME, unless mixed with another opioid like dilaudid which gives a nice rush! that is amazing feeling.. Be clean, be safe, and be smart! IV drug use, is by far the riskiest of ROAs to use for most drugs, so don't IV unless you have something that is worthless done another, safer ROA.. but if your like me, that isn't possible for me to do, mentally, when I have rigs!
Thanks man :) I too re-filter a few times depending on the pill and size. I also am like you when you IV OxyCodone and Hydromorphone; I usually mix both OxyCodone in the same rig as my Hydromorphone or Morphine if I can find any of Morphine and have a nice mixture of the two vice versa with either Morphine or Hydromorphone and YES it's a nice ass rush and makes you either super happy/slighty up or like me super happy, no stress or any negative thoughts or repetitive thoughts that won't stop and also makes me almost instantly fall asleep. I really like Morphine in the same rig as Hydromorphone due to the rush and the extreme amount of nodding I do after a few shots. I've been looking into micron filters only due to the fact I have friends who use micron filters to extract herb into hash- but, they're too big and not the right micron. So I'll soon buy some and get new rigs like I normally do online and then get a wheel filter IF I can find one that seems legit and decent. Thanks again man, hope you had a decent day today.

please look up how to use a micron filter... there is a great walk through that captain heroin made. its in his subutex post...
I've been looking into micron filters ever since I was told about them from friends who extract cannabis into hash using them. I'm also looking into wheel filters as well as maybe NaCL water.

Like you, OP, I read these threads for a few weeks before IVing. Great info and members here. And read up on the icky shit pills do to your body.

Always keep things sterile .. sterile counter, spoon, cap, whatever you use.
Make sure your counter tops are sterile should you lay your dope or rig on it.

New needles! We don't have a needle exchange here, but a box of needles cost less than a movie ticket. (make sure u choose ur gauge wisely!)

Filters

Narcan

Handwashing .. clean hands, clean skin.
(nothing more gross than to see a user with dirty nails, blood stained hands)

Learn your veins and AFTERCARE to avoid infection and how to care for the area you've missed a shot at.

The MOST important rule for an IV user, IMO, is to always have someone who you can trust by your side.

Like you, OP, I read these threads for a few weeks before IVing. Great info and members here. And read up on the icky shit pills do to your body.

Always keep things sterile .. sterile counter, spoon, cap, whatever you use.
Make sure your counter tops are sterile should you lay your dope or rig on it.

New needles! We don't have a needle exchange here, but a box of needles cost less than a movie ticket. (make sure u choose ur gauge wisely!)

Filters

Narcan

Handwashing .. clean hands, clean skin.
(nothing more gross than to see a user with dirty nails, blood stained hands)

Learn your veins and AFTERCARE to avoid infection and how to care for the area you've missed a shot at.

The MOST important rule for an IV user, IMO, is to always have someone who you can trust by your side.
I've been really stressing the clean area thing and doing a good job, I'm even looking into a lot of good things to help filter the shit outta everything but I'm stuck with some used needles and simple qtip cottons. Thanks man :)

I've been really stressing the clean area thing and doing a good job, I'm even looking into a lot of good things to help filter the shit outta everything but I'm stuck with some used needles and simple qtip cottons. Thanks man :)

Used needles will wreck your veins fast!
Not sure how much new ones are, but worth it. Of course I want to quit IVing, but until I do I'm a freak about being clean, too!

ps I'm a girl, man. :)

Yeah, using sterile and new equipment is probably the most important thing-I commiserate with Ilove2Nod, because my state will not sell syringes OTC either, which is fucking bullshit, because there is technically no law binding them from doing so, it's just up to there discretion. There is also only one needle exchange over here, and it's really not convenient for me to get to, so I had been ordering rigs offline. Still though, with my pathetic budget and the fact that I live with my mother, it is not always easy to get works, and have in the past months found myself slipping back into deplorable habits of reusing needles over and over again. About 3 and a half weeks ago I was fiddling around trying to hit my fem when I broke off a 5/8" point in my groin, where it still remains. I need not be warned of the danger or possible imminent death I could face because of this, I am aware, but the point I am trying to illustrate is that by pharmacists acting as moral watchdogs, disease, stupidity and possibly death can pursue. So for gods sakes, just give us the rigs!

As far as wheel filters go, those are great, especially if your not any every day IV drug user. It would be awesome if they were widely available to everyone, but I still have my doubts that most people would actually use them. Most users are too impatient for that.

^very true. I live in Pennsylvania, where syringes have been OTC for years now. But when I started IVing they were not. I grew up about 90 min from Philly and when we would go cop there would also be this old guy right up the street selling works. Lol one stop shopping at its finest...

But, yeah, I blew out a ton of veins back then because I would have to reuse what I had...and if you're also shooting coke buying 3-4-5 rigs per day (whatever odd $ amount left over that didn't add up to a bag ) they get dull very fast...and even if you're not and you are only using dope they still dull

And the bad part too is buying syringes like that, you can't exactly say you want a 30 gauge short tip (for hands) and a 29 1/2" (for arms, etc). You gotta take what there is---and as long as it was unused all was good. Because yeah, there were those asses who'd try to clean up old ones to scam a few $....

I haven't even IV'd or used (other than methadone ) in about 3 years. But still, if I were to go back to it, I know I can go in most pharmacies and get exactly what I need. (There are still some that refuse to sell..I was told the pharmacist "doesn't believe in OTC syringes")
And when I was using most recently --after a 9 yr break--and that was the time period they changed the OTC law, it made a world of difference. I have not -easy-to-hit veins from birth, but they were much better before I used old rigs for years.

@znegative glad to see you're here and rumors of your demise were in error ;) You add a lot to BL with your experience and intelligent posts...

One time I asked a punk rocker friend how to IV drugs, and he gave me the best reply: "You stick a hole in your arm."

^very true. I live in Pennsylvania, where syringes have been OTC for years now. But when I started IVing they were not. I grew up about 90 min from Philly and when we would go cop there would also be this old guy right up the street selling works. Lol one stop shopping at its finest...

But, yeah, I blew out a ton of veins back then because I would have to reuse what I had...and if you're also shooting coke buying 3-4-5 rigs per day (whatever odd $ amount left over that didn't add up to a bag ) they get dull very fast...and even if you're not and you are only using dope they still dull

And the bad part too is buying syringes like that, you can't exactly say you want a 30 gauge short tip (for hands) and a 29 1/2" (for arms, etc). You gotta take what there is---and as long as it was unused all was good. Because yeah, there were those asses who'd try to clean up old ones to scam a few $....

I haven't even IV'd or used (other than methadone ) in about 3 years. But still, if I were to go back to it, I know I can go in most pharmacies and get exactly what I need. (There are still some that refuse to sell..I was told the pharmacist "doesn't believe in OTC syringes")
And when I was using most recently --after a 9 yr break--and that was the time period they changed the OTC law, it made a world of difference. I have not -easy-to-hit veins from birth, but they were much better before I used old rigs for years.

@znegative glad to see you're here and rumors of your demise were in error ;) You add a lot to BL with your experience and intelligent posts...

Crzydiamond, up until this summer we used to could buy the single IV pack, even through the drive thru. However, some idiot was busted at the BP machine shooting dope/arrested at the huge store chain. That was the end of the easy purchases. Now we have to go up to the counter and give them a bag/box/receipt of what we want to purchase. No more drive thru because some idiot just couldn't wait....

A few chain pharmacies refuse to sell unless you have a script for insulin on file.

If I were really desperate I would just pay a street junkie a few bucks or a bag to give me all the tips, tricks and technique at his disposal. I would rather have a fellow addict instruct me on how to find a vein than someone in the medical profession like a nurse. It's a long-running joke that we addicts are better at hitting veins than doctors or nurses, but I really believe this to be the case.

Hitting a vein is something relatively easy to explain, but the finesse required to do it quickly, easily and without causing a ton of damage or fishing around for hours is something I feel you have to learn "on the job".