• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need some advice on DHC taper..+ general ramble

ElBarone

Greenlighter
So i am on day 5 of a Dihydrocodeine taper, have been taking this stuff for 5 years- in the last few months averaging 900mg a day -

dropped to 720mg to kick things off, that’s a 20% drop, and definitely feeling it! Was very irritable on days 1 and 2 and now just the usual RLS and general discomfort/feeling shit- i’m up and about fine and going about my day, just feel crap! This
for me is why tapering is the way, although should disclose have never managed to see one out so
far, 🤞!

Going to wait until stable and then drop again, probably only 10% next time.

So my question is this; i want to change the dosing schedule i have been doing to even things out a bit, currently its 6am, 4pm and then during the night when needed…but i want to switch to 6am, 2pm and before bed - reason being i am feeling it too bad early pm and want to bring the 4pm forward to avoid relapse..so assuming i keep the dose LEVEL the same, i.e 720mg, can i mess about with the timings a bit during the taper to get things right? or is this ill-advised as it might screw things up.

Would be great to hear what people think, and read any comments on tapering generally, esp short acting opiates, i really enjoy reading the expertise on offer on this site

Thanks