• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need serious help for this big mess ive created - loperamide withdrawal

Yea, its been about two to three days since I last took the lope and swimming dancer, I believe your right it was about the time when it should have cleared from my system that it started to kick in and the hydro quit helping quite as much.

Pill to chill,from what Ive heard with the long half life of loperamide I wouldnt reach my peak for alot longer than the usual opiate. Not sure how to figure that out some say it lasts 20 days which is what was freaking me out.But if it was from hydro or something you would be right, I would have been nearing my peak by now at about three days in.Does anyone know how to figure out when my peak should be? I really have no idea. Then again maybe its best I DONT know that. hhe I find it hard to imagine an opiate causing withdrawals for 20 or so days though, man I really hope thats not the case with me but your right I need to just relax about it cause getting all hyped up about it isnt gonna help.

I do also think that with me the mental side also most def plays a part. Funny thing is,Ive got a degree in psychology so I should try to remind myself that at least some of what Im going through is gonna also be due to conditoning.Thanks for pointing that out.

I know people with anxiety such as myself can have the psychological tendency to read into things a bit too much. At the same time, I think that we might also biologically tend to react a little more severely than others might to withdrawal because of that. Although what I was feeling has def been there because of past experience I know that at least a small part of me is waiting and expecting whats to come because Ive been through it before many times and HATE it so bad( but then again who does like it, right).

And,sitting on the computer reading about how horrible lope withdrawals are and how long they last sure isnt helping me any either!8o Getting on here has helped alot though and Im just trying to keep myself busy... but I think Im gonna stay off the other forums that talk about how loperamide can be as bad as methadone. Good thing is I popped a couple clonidines and that REALLY smoothed things out.

I need to quit being such a baby cause some people dont even have access to some of the withdrawal aides Ive got. I just happen to be lucky that I was prescribed this stuff for anxiety before this last episode. Clonidine really does help a TON so I should be good to go. Im feeling pretty normal now except for nausea but Ill keep reporting back. Keeping my fingers crossed and not trying to think too much!

Okay pretty much so far some INTENSE nausea and ah lets just say some intestinal issues starting to go on if you know what I mean.What a miracle that I also had some promathezine( phenergan) lying around so that has really helped although its still there.The nausea is so much more than what Ive felt before with anything else though, so Im almost wondering if I was lucky enough to pick up some kind of a bug at the same time. I dont wanna eat at all.Even with heroin I never got nausea and threw up. I know Johnsonville said up there that he'd expect alot of intestional issues and it would kinda make sense with immodium so well see.So far holding okay though.

I was on percocet for 4 years....every month but never more than a 15 days a month. I was in pain managment and got 120 10mg every month. The time it took me to take them eventually shrank even further to like 5 days. I went threw withdraws every month. I think not as strong as others who stayed high longer but to me they sucked pretty bad for about three days. I "viewed it" as the three day hangover as i was really use to dealing with hangovers. Far worse than hangover though.
Eventually i stumbled across baclofen. Started getting it perscribed. It pretty much knocked the withdraw right out.
I also would do dxm (i found taking it with zofran to help tremendously with nausea...zofran is rx med for nausea)
Both worked well. Eventuall though my desire for percocet was more the thrill of getting was going to get my script filled and taking that first dose. After that i really didnt like being high.
I read that baclofen helps with addiction. That isnt why i started taking it but eventually i stopped taking the percocet. Its been 8 months now.
I still take baclofen though and probably abuse it.
Sleep is awesome on baclofen. Really deep and vivid af dreams.

There is not 'coating' that prevents loperamide from crossing the BBB. When it is used for w/d it's used to activate other opiate receptors in the body and not in the brain to minimize physical discomfort.

Having said that, if you can't deal with lope w/d but you can deal with lortab w/d.. Then it's not much of a question right? Hop on lortab. From then on just taper as fast as you (relatively) comfortably can.

That is not correct. When I had zero tolerance to opioids I took 200mg loperamide at once many times and was high as fuck for 24h, nodding included. It was much stronger than lets say tramadol. And it was not some placebo as I have used over 10 different opioids before that. I usually drunk 10 beers and then took the loperamide after 4 hours I would nod strongly. Also taking 100mg loperamide with oxys or poppytea would double the effects.

Holy Cow 100mg, 200mg, those quantities are high as hell! I used to do something like 8 - 12mg at one time and thought that was pushing it a bit. I would personally be scared to death to ingest quantities like those. Did you have any side effects from that many?

Holy Cow 100mg, 200mg, those quantities are high as hell! I used to do something like 8 - 12mg at one time and thought that was pushing it a bit. I would personally be scared to death to ingest quantities like those. Did you have any side effects from that many?

It gave very dry mouth, some degree of nausea, sometimes it gave headache, but almost always next day my lower back would hurt, maybe kidneys, can't say. Never had problems with heart. One time when I took 120mg loperamide with phenibut and gabapentin I had to start manual breathing, because it seemed like it stopped doing it automatically, also I nodded strongly.

It gave very dry mouth, some degree of nausea, sometimes it gave headache, but almost always next day my lower back would hurt, maybe kidneys, can't say. Never had problems with heart. One time when I took 120mg loperamide with phenibut and gabapentin I had to start manual breathing, because it seemed like it stopped doing it automatically, also I nodded strongly.

Be careful dude, that sounds like some scary shit indeed.