• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need Help

jdjack27

Bluelighter
I used 16 mg xanax total in 2 days. If I don't touch xanax again for say a year from now, am I going to have a seizure from this short binge? Or do I need to find a way to taper down.

Have you ever had benzo withdrawals before? If not i don?t think two days is enough to build a tolerance and start wothdrawaling even with such big doses. If you have been addicted to benzos before then you might have some rebound effects.

Nope, Benzodiazepines do not work in this fashion. It is only through a more prolonged exposure that one would experience anything like sedative/hypnotic-dependence, withdrawal or, at worst, Delirium Tremens. You have nothing to worry about other than you're clearly irresponsible usage of Benzodiazepines. Buddy, I've been at this for a long time. I'm sure we both have stories and have different talents, but 8mg Alprazolam (Xanax) at a time is never going to be a "positive" life choice or direction.

At best you're in a stupor, useless for a day or two, at worst... literally anything. It's not a joke. When you are blacked out, you can do anything and anything can be done to you and a large majority of us have utterly different personalities when intoxicated.

Have you ever had benzo withdrawals before? If not i don?t think two days is enough to build a tolerance and start wothdrawaling even with such big doses. If you have been addicted to benzos before then you might have some rebound effects.

I have had benzo withdrawal before, and had a seizure on two occasions. Should I be worried?

Nope, Benzodiazepines do not work in this fashion. It is only through a more prolonged exposure that one would experience anything like sedative/hypnotic-dependence, withdrawal or, at worst, Delirium Tremens. You have nothing to worry about other than you're clearly irresponsible usage of Benzodiazepines. Buddy, I've been at this for a long time. I'm sure we both have stories and have different talents, but 8mg Alprazolam (Xanax) at a time is never going to be a "positive" life choice or direction.

At best you're in a stupor, useless for a day or two, at worst... literally anything. It's not a joke. When you are blacked out, you can do anything and anything can be done to you and a large majority of us have utterly different personalities when intoxicated.

Yes I was very stupid and irresponsible. Luckily both times I just passed out in bed. I have had benzo withdrawal before and I have had seizures. This happened to me last month. You'd think I'd learn but I don't. Does this have any impact on it? Do I need to pick up som more xanax and weak down? Or you think I'll be fine?

I mean, you could always get some and wait and see how you feel as time goes on. If you feel yourself getting into the horrificaly uncomfortable places that benz0 withdrawal brings you you can take some, but less than normal, and go from there.

But I really dont think you'll have problems. How long were you addicted/how much did you take when you had the seizures? The kindling effect varies from person to person, so two days might do it, but I'd doubt it.

how do you feel now?