View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need help about permanent light sensitivity from doing acid

What Are Trees

Greenlighter
Since doing acid about 15 times, I have got light sensitivity (photosensitivity) which I'm pretty sure was caused by the acid. My pupils are chronically more dilated than they were, they still react to light but are definitely more dilated. Lights are brighter, including sunlight, and there are light trails coming off of most lights (a bit like those laser lights in nightclubs). There are streams of light coming off of screens and sometimes from windows. In low light and darkness the air is grainy. I googled it and it's called photosensitivity. I did get it a little bit before doing acid, but it has definitely got worse since doing acid (and a bit of 2cb). Someone told me they got the same thing from doing acid a lot and it's never gone away. I've had it like this for a year now.

Can anyone tell me if they think the light sensitivity and chronically dilated pupils will get worse if I do acid again? I would really love to do acid again, but don't want to make it worse. It seems like as I've already got it now it probably wouldn't make it worse, but I can't be sure.

Also, has anyone else got this?

Well, if you say you had a hint of this problem prior to ever taking LSD, it seems to be that you've exarcebated something that was already there. I'm not a medical professional and the only thing even close to this that I've experienced was my very mild and very temporary "HPPD" after a summer of doing MDMA and shrooms almost every weekend for two months.
Random geometric shapes in bright colours would appear randomly in my vision. Lasted about 6-8months during which I didn't do much of anything and then went away completely.
Only remotely the same insofar as they both may be cases of HPPD.

I would try going straightedge for a few months and see if that helps things. Also, maybe go see a neurologist.

You have developed a light case of HPPD. Only a very small percentage of LSD users are susceptible to hppd but i have a strong case of it from heavy abuse and also been prone to it anyway. Do you still smoke? Somethings will trigger and intensify the HPPD these can be various things including alochol cannabis caffiene nicotione any psychoactive substance and anxiety or stress. when im stressed my hppd really kicks up and it will soon feel like im almost on acid but the headspace is okay but visually i have been straight dead stone sober and been seeing some heavy visuals on par with 200 ug LSD with my case of HPPD. Continung to use Psychedelics will make the hppd stronger if you dont take decent breaks between them. I have permanent static over my vision and the walls are always breathing. I will have alot of afterimages and tracers geometric patterns 24/7 if i stare at anything on par with 100-150 ug of acid. I have had synthesia my entire life though and the psychedelic use just made it stronger. I will get stronger visuals to music while sober more just colours moving through the air and transperent shapes.

Some peoples HPPD as gone away but even during my longest breaks of up to a year during 15 years of use it has never gone away for myself. HPPD is different for most people but syntheic psychedelics and cannabis are the trigger for most people rather than natural ones like shrooms. You can still do acid but if you start doing it alot it will increase probably. My total amount of psychedelics trip near the 210-230 mark i first noticed HPPD after using acid every week or twice a week for nearly a year i had 32 trips in a year and after that my consciouness has been scattered on a different plane of existence to my normal baseline self. HPPD is what you make of it i never let it impact my day of life but it does stop me from night time driving since pure darkness is just multicoloured fractal lightshow i also have CEVs 24/7 very acid like and super good visuliaztion skills and very intense vivid dreams that are very psychedelic trip like. Dont let the hppd consume your worries its totally fine if you just live with.

You have developed a light case of HPPD. Only a very small percentage of LSD users are susceptible to hppd but i have a strong case of it from heavy abuse and also been prone to it anyway. Do you still smoke? Somethings will trigger and intensify the HPPD these can be various things including alochol cannabis caffiene nicotione any psychoactive substance and anxiety or stress. when im stressed my hppd really kicks up and it will soon feel like im almost on acid but the headspace is okay but visually i have been straight dead stone sober and been seeing some heavy visuals on par with 200 ug LSD with my case of HPPD. Continung to use Psychedelics will make the hppd stronger if you dont take decent breaks between them. I have permanent static over my vision and the walls are always breathing. I will have alot of afterimages and tracers geometric patterns 24/7 if i stare at anything on par with 100-150 ug of acid. I have had synthesia my entire life though and the psychedelic use just made it stronger. I will get stronger visuals to music while sober more just colours moving through the air and transperent shapes.

Some peoples HPPD as gone away but even during my longest breaks of up to a year during 15 years of use it has never gone away for myself. HPPD is different for most people but syntheic psychedelics and cannabis are the trigger for most people rather than natural ones like shrooms. You can still do acid but if you start doing it alot it will increase probably. My total amount of psychedelics trip near the 210-230 mark i first noticed HPPD after using acid every week or twice a week for nearly a year i had 32 trips in a year and after that my consciouness has been scattered on a different plane of existence to my normal baseline self. HPPD is what you make of it i never let it impact my day of life but it does stop me from night time driving since pure darkness is just multicoloured fractal lightshow i also have CEVs 24/7 very acid like and super good visuliaztion skills and very intense vivid dreams that are very psychedelic trip like. Dont let the hppd consume your worries its totally fine if you just live with.
I developed my own form of HPPD 1996, aged 16, still never having tried cannabis in my life and just getting into MDMA and LSD but with limited access and very poor quality low dosed and impure drugs.

One weekend I took 6 Californian sunriser MDMA pills on a Friday night at a legal rave. They were slightly trippy and despite having probably 50 mg of MDMA they definitely had another psychedelic substance mixed in which wasn't just MDA.

Pretty shit pills by the standards I went on to experience and expect in time. But the following night, after working at Pizza Hut kitchen that night I went to a nightclub with a friend and took another two of the Californian sunrisers. Later on that night when I realised I had by chance some LSD microdots in my coat pocket my friend and I took 2 each.

Again they were pitifully weak compared to standards I grew to expect probably only 45 micrograms each if that.

So my total drug consumption for that weekend those 8 Californian sunriser pills, 2 weak microdots, I was practically nothing not even half a night's worth or half a decent buzz. I mean I went on to take significantly larger amounts of much more powerful and pure pills and acid, many many times.

But on this occasion aged 16 I experienced a bizarre chemical reaction between the pills and the microdots and whatever ingredients were present all in all and I developed a permanent visual impairment.

Its like scratches, lines, ripples, dots with a halo etc, like on a camera lens or the surface of water. But it has always been off-center so not something I can have a look at directly and it also can move around and shift with little luminous squiggles that darts around like tiny little worms when the sunlight is out.

I never actually think about it, until Im in sunlight and it can really start to stand out. The more bright and sunny, the more apparent and visual this "display" becomes. So the point I came here to make is that possibly sunshine can also enhance certain symptoms or types of HPPD, which will surely relate to serotonin in the brain.

Last edited:

I have the permanent static over my vision as well. That's the most annoying symptom I have and the one I most dont want to get worse. Although it's easy to forget about it most of the time, except in darkness it's very noticeable. I'm not bothered about the light trails, they're quite pretty anyway, but it would be nice to see things without the static / visual snow. But there's nothing I can do about it, so I've accepted it and just see it as a trade off for having experienced acid trips. (That said, I did have it a little bit before doing acid anyway). So do you think it's not likely that the visual snow will get worse if I trip one more time? I've had 8 months break since my last trip. I know it's my responsibility and no one can say for sure what would happen though.

Last edited: