Need Advise For Publishing A Book..

Bwitiacumen

Bluelighter
I know that generally, if you're writing a book, you need to get permisson from the author if you want to guote a sentence or paragraph from their book, but what about quoting patents? If quoting, who should I ask for permission to put parts of syntheses in the book(if I need to)? What if they can't be contacted because their dead, or they're fuck-heads, whoever they are? Btw, I'm writing a book about the theoretical synthesis of ketamine and several analogues. Any legal advise would be much appreciated! thanks and peace! %)

I do not quite understand your question. I believe patents are readily accessible to the public for viewing. And, any document that is considered to be in the "public record" category may be published by anyone.

Yeah, I guess it'll be OK just as long as I provide the pat. #, page directly after posting a patent example. Now all I need to do is format the layout of the book - table of contents, intro, precursors, and then the synths.

I think all you have to do is put it is as a quote and give them credit for it

If your only using a few sentances as long as you reference the direct source correctly, you should be fine.

Thanks!

Cool, thanks for the encouragement and that link. I sent an email to uspto to make sure my ass is covered legally. This will be my first book and I highly doubt it'll be my last - I've been brainstorming and pouring ideas onto paper. Not only will it be cool writing bad-ass, unique books, but the extra income would be nice too.%)