• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need advice injecting Hydromorphone!

I once had 50 mg IV morphine in the back of the ambulance.

I couldn't understand what the fuss is about. It's 'ok'ish' but nothing else.

I once had 50 mg IV morphine in the back of the ambulance.

I couldn't understand what the fuss is about. It's 'ok'ish' but nothing else.
As far as I know medical personnel injects opioids slowly to prevent the addictive euphoria. Could that be the reason it felt mediocre?

As far as I know medical personnel injects opioids slowly to prevent the addictive euphoria. Could that be the reason it felt mediocre?
I dunno it just confirmed the fact that I won't ever like opiates.

I myself had a close call with I.V. Hydromorphone

In Canada we have Hydromorph Contin XR capsules with little beads inside (as well as Dilaudid IR tablets 2/4/8mg). I started injecting my oral medication and developed chest pain, heart issues. I called 911 as I thought I was having a heart attack.

Turns out I developed endocarditis (inflammation of the sack protecting the heart) from i.v. Hydromorphone. All the excipients/binders/fillers in HM Contin I was injecting, stupidly heating up the solution, melting all the bad stuff in the beads and injecting it, causing inflammation of my heart.

I was given powerful steroid anti inflammatory drugs, prednisone I think? or something more potent to reduce inflammation. They asked me if I was injecting opioids (because they knew I had a script for HM Contin) I lied and said no, too embarrassed to admit.

Interesting article I read…..after OxyContin was removed from Canada market for OP new formula there was a SIGNIFICANT rise in endocarditis cases from people injecting HM Contin / Hydromorphone XR beads. How crazy is that. Jesus…If I only new about micron filters

Too bad Hydromorphone oral bioavailability is piss-poor, roughly 70% of oral dose is destroyed by first pass metabolism. Injecting i.v. is obviously 100% bioavailability.

Injectable Hydromorphone is being given to patients in Canada as an alternative to injectable Diamorphine (Heroin) in which oral Methadone proved ineffective. Study participants could not differentiate between i.v. Hydromorphone and i.v. Diacetylmorphine. Very interesting indeed. I’ve had very good street Heroin, but no way of knowing true chemical makeup or purity….and pharmaceutical Hydromorphone, Oxycodone, and oral Methadone currently.

Oral Oxycodone beats the shit out of anything I’ve ever slammed….the pleasurable euphoric warmth was simply out of this world. NAZI chemists used Oxycodone in their special formula because it had a side effect profile very comparable to Cocaine (stimulant-like narcotic euphoria)

Damn I miss Oxycodone IR and being opioid nieve lol

Hot diggety dog. Super glad @DeathIndustrial88 popped into this thread because it turned out to be a harm reduction thread after all.

And to think I wanted to move it to DC. What was I thinking ? Jeez Ratched.

Your sweet little thread is going to stay right here where I can baby it and make sure it gets lots more harm reduction posts. Pffft......Drug Culture. No way.
<3

I try!! :p

I'm all for a good time, but it's never worth losing a limb or having a pulmonary embolism.

Very glad I stepped in and swayed OP from injecting. If they hadn't eventually found out & went ahead with it anyway. they could have ended up with some nasty complications. It's never too late to learn though! I had no idea what I was doing for many years myself. And then suddenly the desire to learn & do drugs safely popped into my life, along with BL. And now here I am helping others! I'm grateful for that.

Hope everyone is well!
Cheers!

IV is a door that once you open can never be closed/it's life changing. Definitely if you are going to do it, get the ampuoules over anything else (says someone sitting here w dilaudid talc in their lungs.)

Like basically everyone else in this thread I am going to strongly suggest you don't start IVing. It has gripped my life for over 7 years since I first did it at 21 and made the mistake of my first meth use and first heroin use both being IV because I was in a rush to ruin my life.

I am now heavily addicted to the ritual and the ROA and find it impossible to go back to any other method of using unless I cannot hit myself and need to plug instead.

There are guides online showing you how to IV, and YouTube HR videos which have step by step guides. The issue with what you are trying to do is that you are trying to teach yourself. It is much easier with someone to show you how the first bunch of times and give you some pointers. At least that's how it worked for me.

There is no going back after you IV, unless you are one of the very, very few people who can try it once and not go back to it.

There is nothing glamorous about it, or cool. It is dangerous, often dirty, and risk filled.

If you must do this, I will give you the same advice that was given to me by the first person who taught me to do it.

Always use sterile water, or at least boiled then cooled water. But bacteriostatic sterile ampules are the best. Always use a fresh rig. Regrettably I must admit when I get desperate and only have one or two I'm prone to stabbing myself over and over with an increasingly blunt needle. However those incidents are few and far between. Always wash your hands prior to getting prepared. Have plenty of alcohol swabs on your person. Have an appropriate filter for what you are using. When preparing the shot, use alcohol swabs thoroughly on your hands before touching anything then before injecting swab the needle, your injection site, and the hand you are using to feel for a vein with seperate swabs. After you have injected, press a cotton ball (not an alcohol swabs, this increases bleeding) over the injection site and lift your arm up in the air. If you feel yourself start to miss your shot (you will feel a sharp sting when this happens and it will be painful) and you are not registering as being in the vein anymore, then discontinue the shot immediately and do not continue injecting. When you inject, don't just go fishing around for veins, make sure you register by pulling back on the syringe to check if you are in one. It will be very obvious when it happens. Practice using both hands equally so that you don't bash up one single vein, and rotate your injection sites. Be clean and hygienic, always. Try not to inject in public or anywhere you will be in a rush. Try to do it in a calm, non rushed environment.

Again, I urge you not to do this and at the very least if you look at my list of advice and don't think you can follow it I would suggest not going ahead with this, because that is the bare minimum you need to do in order to be as safe as possible.

Ok so I shot up 20mg Morphine yesterday. It was ok but nothing special. It'll be more economic for me to go back snorting Heroin...

Ok so I shot up 20mg Morphine yesterday. It was ok but nothing special. It'll be more economic for me to go back snorting Heroin...
also less bad of a withdrawal

I've never found morphine to have really any euphoria at all, honestly. Or if it's there, it's waay in the background.

I've never done IV morphine though, so I can't say,

Interestingly, I loved heroin, which metabolizes into morphine once it hits the brain.
Although it also has other metabolites that might contribute to it's experience, making it better than morphine by a long shot.