• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Need a little advice, or at least a warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
and believe it or not, my PO and many other people will find out I was in the hospital -- I live in a small, shitty ass town. One corrupted doctor fucking surgeries for years finally got fired after 20 something years...

Every time I've ever been to the hospital, I've heard about it from another place without anyone saying anything.

Are you talking about a private insurance that one of your parents was carrying or something? That doesn't make any sense you legally need to be on Medicaid if your parents don't have private insurance. Sign up for it yourself on healthcare.gov or go to your social services office in your county yourself and do it.

I'll have to do that - my mother gets private insurance through the hospital, in which is too expensive to have anyone else on her plan. My dad doesn't qualify for insurance.

But no, I am talking about MI Child thru Medicaid in Michigan, hence MI Child -- Every person I've met is assigned an agent, the whole reason I lost insurance is because my mother sent in files a day late... even though, they got them.

I mean, what if I were able to shrug this off without any benzos?... yea, I made this thread worrying about it but my anxious-sober self gets all paranoid and worried about going to the ER.

What if I smile in relief if they actually gave me benzos via IV in the ER, because I know I would.... then they'd think I'm lying. Ugh.

It doesn't matter what you do they need to treat you for it or you will start having seizures. Be honest with them about what you're withdrawal is from and how much you were taking so they know what drug and dose to give you. Addicts and going are in the ER for withdrawal all the time because some withdrawal can kill you. Regardless of what they personally think of you they have to treat it until you're stabilized.

Saying you had shakes before and nothing came of it isn't worth the risk of not doing anything about it now. You had seriously HIGH benzo use for a seriously LONG time and VERY abrupt cessation. You are in very dangerous territory. You need to pay very close attention to your body. And anything little thing that even remotely seems like it could be serious GO to the hospital.

Roxi isn't lying - death is a side effect from benzo withdrawals.

It doesn't matter what you do they need to treat you for it or you will start having seizures. Be honest with them about what you're withdrawal is from and how much you were taking so they know what drug and dose to give you. Addicts and going are in the ER for withdrawal all the time because some withdrawal can kill you. Regardless of what they personally think of you they have to treat it until you're stabilized.

But how can a hospital believe what I'm saying when they've never treated someone with etizolam withdrawal? They won't even know whats appropriate to treat it with.

and believe it or not, my PO and many other people will find out I was in the hospital -- I live in a small, shitty ass town. One corrupted doctor fucking surgeries for years finally got fired after 20 something years...

Every time I've ever been to the hospital, I've heard about it from another place without anyone saying anything.

Then drive to the next closest hospital besides that one and go there if you're that worried about people finding out. You must not be in very bad withdrawal yet or you wouldn't be worrying about all that other crap. Just wait till you start getting the shakes ago to a different hospital... problem solved

Trust us, you don't want to get the shakes and next thing you know you're dropping on the floor and all you remember is jerking for two seconds and THEN you wake up in the hospital...

Then drive to the next closest hospital besides that one and go there if you're that worried about people finding out. You must not be in very bad withdrawal yet or you wouldn't be worrying about all that other crap. Just wait till you start getting the shakes ago to a different hospital... problem solved
I'm just extremely anxious, whether I'm in W/D or not -- I'm less scared to lose my life than go to the ER is kind of how my logic works.

Trust us, you don't want to get the shakes and next thing you know you're dropping on the floor and all you remember is jerking for two seconds and THEN you wake up in the hospital...

I will most likely go in the morning.. my parents probably won't give me a ride but I'll figure something out.

But how can a hospital believe what I'm saying when they've never treated someone with etizolam withdrawal? They won't even know whats appropriate to treat it with.

Doctors have the internet too, they'll look it up and see what it is and decide what to do from there. Or you can just lie and say you were taking Xanax and Klonopin or something just to get around that issue. Treatment for benzo withdrawal is pretty much standard, doesn't really matter which one it is. You'll probably be on a librium or Ativan drip. Possibly you could get a barbiturate treatment. When I was in rehab for benzo and opiate withdrawal they gave me massive amounts of phenobarbital....which got me more fucked up than the Ativan I was addicted to.

The seizures could also occur as something called status epilepticus, in which they don't stop.

What if no one is around? You will die.

Etizolam is no different than other benzodiazepines. The treatment is the same.

Doctors have the internet too, they'll look it up and see what it is and decide what to do from there. Or you can just lie and say you were taking Xanax and Klonopin or something just to get around that issue. Treatment for benzo withdrawal is pretty much standard, doesn't really matter which one it is. You'll probably be on a librium or Ativan drip. Possibly you could get a barbiturate treatment. When I was in rehab for benzo and opiate withdrawal they gave me massive amounts of phenobarbital....which got me more fucked up than the Ativan I was addicted to.

Interesting, my hospital tends to use xanax/alp. drip, but for the situation I'm guessing they'd use ativan.

The seizures could also occur as something called status epilepticus, in which they don't stop.

What if no one is around? You will die.

Etizolam is no different than other benzodiazepines. The treatment is the same.

Right but my point was, what if no doc or nurse knows what it is.

Every doc I've had an apt with laughed at the internet as a reasonable place for data on drugs, I'm just paranoid, I guess.

Are you sure? I don't think they make alprazolam in that formulation.

Yep, my mother is a nurse at this hospital, plus I've asked nurses and docs if they did.

Not exactly sure what my hospital carries but most carry diazepam, lorazepam, alprazolam and sometimes librium and never clonazepam.

Look man, it doesn't really matter where you go or how you get there.....you just need to go before you start getting seizures. I saw someone start seizing from benzo withdrawal when I was in rehab and it was scary as hell. They were giving him phenobarbital to come off it but apparently he had like the most massive benzo addiction that it wasn't enough. I had a mild addiction to Ativan around 4-8mg a day but a huge oxycodone habit at like 300mg but the amount of phenobarbital and Suboxone and tramadol was enough to where I basically just slept through detox.

Right but my point was, what if no doc or nurse knows what it is.

Every doc I've had an apt with laughed at the internet as a reasonable place for data on drugs, I'm just paranoid, I guess.

They will find out information on it if they don't know what it is. Just tell them its a very potent benzo research chemical. This kind of stuff happens more than you would imagine .

There should be a 'Am I going to die from benzo w/d' thread stickies in OD caz this question shows up at least once a week..

Anyway here's my two cents.

As far as the health insurance goes I think op is confused.. dude was right when he said either contact your states version of the affordable healthcare act Medicaid expansions website or phone them up. With minimal paperwork I am sure you would qualify for MedicAid. Otherwise go to healthcare.gov and get some federal plan.

As far as benzo withdrawal.. people are right to point out the scary potential results of benzo withdrawal because it is a very serious thing.. but in the haste for harm reduction I think it makes everybody who uses benzo to freak out and amplify symptoms in themselves. Basically hypochondriac behavior.

Seizures and death happen in people who have used high amounts of benzos for years. Not to say I know what you are experiencing better than you do or that your symptoms are not severe even..

That being said in my experience using benzos for one month is about the least amount of time to form any significant withdrawal symptoms. What I'm trying to get across is that I don't believe you are in immediate danger from your withdrawals. This is my experience.. you are very young so assuming you don't have many years of benzo use and currently abused for about a month you shouldn't have a terrible time of it besides some minor physical discomfort and some rebound anxiety which could be tough to get thru and might even cause some physical manifestations of its own.

But hey if you feel like your health is in danger definitely go to the ER and get a professional opinion. Your health is more importAnt than small town gossip. As stated before nobody at the hospital is allowed to disclose your medical information to anybody beside your parents and ppl you have signed a release for. This is law and you could potentially sue if your rights are violated.

I should also add I have been there before as well. Been through years worth of xanax and klonopin use and abuse. The hype about wd is real but also in many cases overblown. I've also been through opiate withdrawal and throughout any wd it is amazing how powerful the mind can influence your body. . No shit you can actually psyche yourself into feeling worse than you otherwise would.

So basically I think you would be fine cold turkeying it but in the spirit of harm reduction and ideally a taper would be ideal or see a doctor and or hit the ER when you feel like you can't take anymore.

For the people that use it for years, that is them taking it regularly. He was abusing massive amounts for quite a long time. That does a lot of damage to the GABA A receptors, almost just as much as long term use.

Actually rereading the OP he said more like 20 days.

TBH I am ignorant of etizolam but after a little research I find that doses as small as 2.5mg is enough to manage anxiety.. OP states he started around 5mg and then sometimes took 100mg.. well shit that is a helluva jump and I can't imagine getting any extra benefits.. I can't see tolerance rising to the level that 20x a normal dose would provide any additional benefit. Aka hitting the ceiling.

Now he said he took about 900 mgs total. Assuming there were only 3 100mg binges that makes it around 600mg steady over~ 20 days. Because of potency that does seem like ALOT. Tho I still think the time frame is too short for any major wd s.

My question for OP: how often were you dosing? And what was the average dose? Also purely for my own curiosity what kind of effects were had from the 100mg doses? As opposed to your average. In my experience with benzos you probably blacked out at that high dosage..?

Tolerance and dependence were surely quickly developed by such in appropriate dosing.

I still think you will be OK but no doubt your body is going to freak out a bit from such a rollercoaster of heavy gaba a agonism.

As far as the title question.. no I don't think you will have a seizure.

Status
Not open for further replies.