• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nausea from heroin.

Jay5707

Greenlighter
I get extremely nauseated when I snort heroin to the point were it ruins the high. Is there anyway to get rid of the nausea?

Nausea is a fairly common side effect for most opioids. It tends to happen less frequently and less intensely after you develop tolerance but will likely return anytime you take too much. Some people are just naturally more prone to experience nausea unfortunately.

Some options:
1) you can try using less heroin, you might be taking too much for your tolerance level
2) some people find using cannabis helps (I don't, I hate the way it makes me feel so I find it ruins the opioid experience)
3) you can try the usual home remedies for nausea like ginger, peppermint, etc
4) take some Dimenhydrinate or other similar OTC antihistamines that are reported to help with nausea / motion sickness
5) prescription drug ondansetron (zofran) is suppose to be good at preventing nausea

Nausea is a fairly common side effect for most opioids. It tends to happen less frequently and less intensely after you develop tolerance but will likely return anytime you take too much. Some people are just naturally more prone to experience nausea unfortunately.

Some options:
1) you can try using less heroin, you might be taking too much for your tolerance level
2) some people find using cannabis helps (I don't, I hate the way it makes me feel so I find it ruins the opioid experience)
3) you can try the usual home remedies for nausea like ginger, peppermint, etc
4) take some Dimenhydrinate or other similar OTC antihistamines that are reported to help with nausea / motion sickness
5) prescription drug ondansetron (zofran) is suppose to be good at preventing nausea
Alright thanks for the tips

For me, there was no better relief than barfing. Even if i just dry heaved and my stomach contracted a few times, afterward it felt amazing. But I didn't get nauseous that often, only when I did too much or when i was drinking along with it.

I am an infrequent opioid user. I have smoked tar twice in the past year. Nausea was always the end result after a day of taking infrequent hits. I couldn't find the sweet spot. To be safe I'm sticking to the occasional vicodin when it floats my way, as I can't really seem to determine proper dosage.

The only way to reduce the nausea is to increase your tolerance. That's the way it works...