View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

nasty side effects from overusing LSD

XTeeSee

Greenlighter
I've been doing ALOT of lsd. I mean like every 3-4 days. FML.

However, recently I have stopped using them. The problem started occuring in reality (or at least I thought). I don't if this is normal to have these effects. I just thought I'd ask. Any advice would be appreciated.

As I said, LSD all the time.
During the time between trips I've been getting weird feelings. Not emotional. Here we go, I was driving and was looking at a sign, I felt that I was staying the same spot (as I kept driving) for a LONG time. Like my life was rewinding and playing over the .3 of a second that I looked at it.

Same thing happened the other day while I was walking past the grocery store, it felt like I was walking down the same square for like 30 seconds (only about 3 steps a square, I checked)

I feel as if I havn't come back to reality sometimes, sometimes I look around, and feel like my body/life is in a picture frame. Like I'm at a museum looking at it from a close distance. My vision blurs sometimes but I keep doing my own business. I feel like I'm not living my life.

This isn't happening ALL the time in between, just comes for short while, then mysteriously vanishes.

I've stayed away from lsd for a couple days now. Is this normal for a new user?
Thoughts/Advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

Definitely normal; I used to enjoy the effect although there are definitely times that can be disconcerting. It is very possible to focus outside of that; leave those realizations to the peripheral aspect of the mind i.e. you still notice them but they do not interrupt your normal interactions. This was does lead to a gradual reduction of the tendencies if you are not actively pursuing or attentive to them. OTOH, it can be a fun step towards learning some basic meditational techniques and fastfowarding your advancement in that a bit if you want it to be.

As someone said about sleeping, maybe if you are sleeping that much, instead spend some time before sleep just allowing the waves to pass over you. Give your mind an outlet for those creative tendencies so the phenomena isn't propping up at possibly inopportune times.

If you're getting visual disturbances you might have HPPD.

I don't know much about the topic so can't give any solid info, but maybe give this a looksee:

Do You Have HPPD?

It might be HPPD. You should not abuse LSD some much. I have never tripped on acid only on shrooms but psychedelics are much better and meaningful when you space out your usage.

I don't know if I have HPPD, probably not. I hope not. Isn't it permenant brain damage or something?

It's more of a reality concern. I'm feel like I'm "a broken record" sometimes, repeating my visions, I feel like I can't move, even though I actually am walking/driving.
Also the states "Picture Frame" effect.
The best I could put it...

Edit: These arn't signs of HPPD? I thought HPPD was like trailing on objects and stuff. I'm not hallucination, I just feel like I'm in 'third person'

Last edited:
Are you getting any psychedelic effects taking it every 3 or 4 days? I imagine after a couple of weeks of use at that level you'll just get a slight physical effect.

It's definately not brain damage. Probably just the stress of being on a drug all the time and not getting enough sleep.

This happens to me. It might be part HPPD, de realization or depersonalization. Maybe it's because time, can go at any speed, and with the help of acid you can perceive time in different wways sometimes

de realization or depersonalization

That'd be it. Best way to 'fix' it- stop dropping so much acid :\ More then once a week is just silly....

However, recently I have stopped using them. The problem started occuring in reality (or at least I thought). I don't if this is normal to have these effects. I just thought I'd ask. Any advice would be appreciated.

As I said, LSD all the time.
During the time between trips I've been getting weird feelings. Not emotional. Here we go, I was driving and was looking at a sign, I felt that I was staying the same spot (as I kept driving) for a LONG time. Like my life was rewinding and playing over the .3 of a second that I looked at it.

Same thing happened the other day while I was walking past the grocery store, it felt like I was walking down the same square for like 30 seconds (only about 3 steps a square, I checked)

I feel as if I havn't come back to reality sometimes, sometimes I look around, and feel like my body/life is in a picture frame. Like I'm at a museum looking at it from a close distance. My vision blurs sometimes but I keep doing my own business. I feel like I'm not living my life.

This isn't happening ALL the time in between, just comes for short while, then mysteriously vanishes.

Thoughts/Advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

Slow down...ask yourself, 'why do I like this beautiful drug?' LSD can be a long fruitful journey if you respect it. Anything, no matter how great it is, will get ugly if you abuse it.

Last edited:

That's way too much to be doing psychedelics, but don't guilt trip yourself over it too much. These things can happen severely to some people just by using psychedelics once. It's good you've stopped now.

This is called derealization. I still get this after not using any psychedelics for 10 months. It is not nearly as severe as it use to be and almost interesting now. Before it was very discomforting. It will most likely fade with time, and you'll get use to the feeling. Don't worry, it will be okay.

This is called depersonalization. I would get this bad some days and it is very distressing. Mine is now gone, and if you only get yours every once and a while yours will probably disappear too.

That's really good that it's only occasional, imagine being one of the poor people stuck with it all the time for years. Pretty messed up, eh :p? I'm sure you'll be fine, but be careful with your LSD usage. No one wants to have dp/dr forever. I wish you only the best!

It could be HPPD, it could be dissociative schizophrenia, it could just be a flash back.

The more often you've tripped in life, and the more associated psychedelics are to your life, the more likely you'll have flash backs, and/or disorders.

Are these episodes troublesome to you, do they limit what you do in life, etc? If you are able to still function in life and it's not problematic in your mind, then it's just having a flashback.

I know what it's like to feel "not back to reality fully" from psychedelic usage. That's why you just have to tough it out and wait for your mind to come back fully. My head's often up in the clouds after a trip, it's normal.

If they are problematic in your mind and they are causing you disturbances or distress, then you might want to seek help for HPPD, schizophrenia, or flash backs, or whatever else it may be.

The more often you've tripped in life, and the more associated psychedelics are to your life, the more likely you'll have flash backs, and/or disorders.

Theres actually not much real evidence of that. In fact, tripping has largely helped me work thru and ultimately, understand/cure my mental problems. It is true that the acute effects can turn an ordinairy trip (if such a thing exists) into nightmare territory, but, with time, its pretty rare to develop any problem from psychedelic use, if done sensibly, in a good set and setting and not too often...

Theres actually not much real evidence of that. In fact, tripping has largely helped me work thru and ultimately, understand/cure my mental problems. It is true that the acute effects can turn an ordinairy trip (if such a thing exists) into nightmare territory, but, with time, its pretty rare to develop any problem from psychedelic use, if done sensibly, in a good set and setting and not too often...

I meant that more for the flash backs than anything.

I didn't get flashbacks after the first few trips I had, it took a good bit of 2c-I (oral) use to get any sort of flash back.

I don't think using a lot of psychedelics will lead to "mental disorders" persay. Typically people who are already predisposed to a mental illness will have a reaction from one intense trip, and that will be it for them. It would typically happen early on. If you are someone who has had a really intense trip and your mind was strong enough to live through that, odds are your mind is strong enough to live through a lot of intense trips.

I definitely agree with what you have to say.

If it was HPPD you would know it. It sounds more like flashbacks, which can also cause someone distress, as you are describing it here. I think laying off the LSD should sort it out. If not, you can seek treatment to eliminate them.

4E0cryQosWCE.png