NASADD Social - We Live on the Cusp of Death Thinking it Won't be Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
...now something like sandy wasnt supposed to happen to NYC

wise man built his house on the rocks, any coastal city has to recognize that shit is gonna happen

new orleans was one of the poorest cities in america and you were prolly able to buy an entire neighborhood of homes down in new orleans for the cost of one house that got destroyed in sandy..
you're proving my point, everyones attitudes was fuck poor (mostly black) southerners

not to mention the fact that most of americas news shows are based outta new york and the the east coast. so they were basically reporting on news that was affecting them unlike the storm 1000miles away in new orleans..

again my point exactly, im tired of hearin bout sandy, yall got a fraction of katrina n your whinning twice as much. soldier up yankees, i thought new yorkers were suppose to be tough

they are tough people considering none of us have had to deal with terrorists and natural disasters like they have. cauyse not only did 9/11 occur but like 10years before that they BOMBED the WTC and only killed like 10people but like over 1000 were hurt. and even though sandy hook was in CT, thaqt part of CT is basically a suburb of NYC. so that definetly has some affect on them too

you gotta think its not all about the physical pain and the deaths but the psychological pain it has caused. i mean just look like a month ago when that lady pushed that guy in front of a train cause she thought he was muslim and hated arabs because of what has happened. 9/11 happened ove 10years ago and yet just last month she killed the guy from the trauma and hatred it caused. and inm pretty sure that wasnt the first arab she had come across is the past 11 years

^^ i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree but okc dealt with terrorists, okc bombing? member that? ft. hood shooting in texas? member that? not comparing these to 9/11 but to the other attempt on the wtc then i think they're square

n trust me the south has hate crimes too, we all know that

alls im sayin the south gets over looked, looked down on n forgotten about n it becomes painfully obvios to me when im seein these sandy commercials, thats really alls im sayin

n again im not tryin to say fuck the people up north, im just sayin as someone who lives down here i just see this hypocrisy/doublestandard arent good words to use but just this difference in attitudes towards people up north as if some how their lives, pain n suffering mean more or are worth more than southern folks n as a southerner thats just bullshit imo

yeah but OKC was from an home grown white terrorist..not the syerotypical muslim arab that we all kthink of. and the ft hood shooting was done by schizo american army major who was an arab. the guy was like a doctor but a nutbag.

but if you are throwing the ft hood shooting then what about all the other mass murder shootings..hell colorado has had aurora and columbine..please they are all the same, the only reason why sandy hook stood and rightfully so wasnt because they are in a nyc suburb or because they were kids killed by their friends. no the reson why it got so much press and ,ade such a big deal was cause these were little children killed by an adult at their safest place, school.

Got out of work early, went and copped and now I'm all set for the storm. It's coming down pretty good but, idk about the most snow in 100 years. Everyone says that was the "blizzard of 78" but, not even my old ass was alive for that.

ahh the blizzard of 78, i remember that young lad, gather round young wooper snappers n ill tell you the story of the time me n your uncle had to walk 5 miles to school up hill both ways during the 78 blizzard....bare foot no less!

I crashed my car and barley made it back from copping during this fuck of a storm... plus I had to wait for my dude for hourrrsss sick as a dog. Been a shit of a day so far.

I made sure to get a handle of booze and a couple bundles for this one. Truck's broken and my car can't go anywhere in the snow so looks like I'm staying indoors and drinking vodka/ beers, smoking trees, and blowing dope all weekend. Darn, tomorrow I really wanted to go to work and then get scolded by my grandfather after that ;). Thank you you stupid little gay fish.

Took a half day today and came home to take care of some shit (buy dope and car parts) before the storm hits. Actually taking a break right now, but i've been outside trying to fix my truck in this shit. I really want to be able to go drive around in this storm, man I fucking love driving in the snow. I feel like a kid with no sled on a snow day : (

Hope everyone else is having a good friday evening and stay safe to everyone else that's in the storm. Especially you JB, I hear Boston's about to get ass fucked huh? I'm in the same part of the storm as you, you're not alone mang.

Mr. Scag- how bad did you crash your car? Hope you're alright. You think it will be fixable? How did that happen?

Last edited:
Also HOL- about the Katrina vs. Sandy vagina thing

Unfortunately I hate to side with Chinky on most arguments but I have to on this one. Don't get me wrong I'm sick of hearing about it too and it's pretty stupid stupid how they make such a big deal out of everything lately, and I know where you're coming from. But A) everyone kind of expected it would happen to New Orleans sooner or later, I mean the whole place is below sea level how fucking stupid is that to begin with. It's on the gulf coast too, there's hurricanes down there all the time. B) Unfortunately it also has to do with the fact that Katrina fucked up a bunch of poor black people living in the hood in New Orleans. Sandy Vagina was a bunch of rich white people on Staten Island and expensive fucking MANHATTAN. Which got devastated. New York doesn't get storms like that, and it took one hell of a toll on THE city. Like, it's New York (don't mistake that for me giving two shits about NY, I still loathe that city more than most). C) that was 10 years ago too man, everyone/everything is so high strung these days. They make such a big deal and carry on way too long about everything now. These days you never just hear something bad on the news and then life moves on, it's always a big fucking ordeal that people get all obsessed with and freak out over it and try to make rules to try to stop it from happening again. Then they shove it in everyone's face to try to make people scared so that they keep coming back for more. Fuck the media. And the government.

Katrina wasnt just in New Orleans a lot of places on the Gulf Coast got fucked up

That being said I didnt think Sandy was that bad, but apparently Jersey took the worst of it so thanks for being a shield for Philly I dont even remember if they declared a state of emergency or not

lol sandy didnt just affect NYC or NJ, it affected the entire new england inland and up the coast. people dont talk about the 2feet of snow that was dropped in west virginia and maryland and really all the other problems it caused.

ibut i cant believe you said "i didnt think sandy was that bad"... there is no way your are serious, you should be ashamed for saying something like that. just because katrina hit one of the poorest areas and sandy hit one of the more wealthy areas, that doesnt give it less credibility. if anything the people in the NE were at a disadvantage because they donbt have the experiance like alot of the gulf states when it cp,es to hurricanes. alot of people refused to leave cause they were naive that anything like that could happen and the reason why was because they have never dealt with anything like that. i mean people up in the east coast where like fishes out of water when it came to that disastor. when sandy hit, its was winter and people needed to use generators and i know i saw a couple stories about people survivng the storm only to die the next night cause they turned on the generator in their house without having the proper ventilation and they end up killing themselves.

but really yall need to stop saying one was worse then the other. they were both really bad and shouldnt be compared in the way we are doing it. yes sandy got more coverage but that was because this happened at 2 differnt times in technolgies sake. when katrina hit, facebook was nowhere like it is today and twitter was nonexistant. sure myspace was around but it wasnt put to use liuke facebook and twitter are. twitte and facebook were 2 things that changed the world the last 2years or so. with the arab spring and everything else that has gone on, none of it would have been remotely as successful. those protests and marches were all organized and put together over facebook and twitter. 10years ago arab spring would not have happened just because all of those people would have had to met in a room to organze it and more then likely arrested or killed cause they were followed and not allowed to even talk about what it is they were talking about. and thanks to FB and twitter those people didnt have to meet in person to talk about it, and they wouldnt risk being captued and totured. they could sit at a safe house and organize events that forever will be in the history books

so with sandy and katrina, i thin kkatrina would have seemed alot bigger today then it did when it happened because we have all the instant news with social media. but i still think sandy would have still been bigger just because it happened to the most important city in america, hell the modern western world. its sad to say but NO was only 500k of some of the poorest people in the country and een though its not right, its the truth. people care about money and N.O unfortunately doesnt really have any. it is sad but it is true and hell even to this day N.O is still like 150-200k people short of what the prehurricane population was and the storm happened 6years ago and some parts of the city still look like a warzone. i cant see that happeing up in NYC, hell if that many people never came back, nyc WOULD STILL BE FILLED UP THE VERY NEXT WEEK CAUSE SOMEONE WOULD TAKE THEIR SPOTS WHEN THEY DROP THE PRICES. (ooops sorry for the caps)...there is such an apt shortage out there that people would be waiting in lines to fill the void of 150K people never coming back to their residences and having the opprotunity to move in.

Last edited:
Mr. Scag- how bad did you crash your car? Hope you're alright. You think it will be fixable? How did that happen?

It wasn't too bad.. the roads were just so slippery that people were all over the fucking place, so I ended up skidding into the back of a pick up truck. I tried to cut into a parking lot to avoid him, but my drivers side hood (right on the corner by the headlight) bashed into the edge of his truck. Of course, all he had was a little dent, but the entire drivers side corner of my car got crushed. I can still drive it and it's def fixable but it's going to be a bitch. New hood, new side panel, new housing, wiring, etc. Going to try and do some of the repairs myself to save some green.

Fucking sucks.

on another note, i see that they upped the anticipated snow fall amounts for Hartford and Boston area...yesterday it was 24inches and possibly up to 30..and now its 30inches and possible up to 40..

holy fuck, what are you people doing out there with all that snow? hell and that snow is so heavy and there is so much of it that you have to shovel that shit off the roof or risk a collapse with all the weight. i saw on LI just these past 2hours that over 5inches of snow fell, in 2hours, holy shit!

I was lucky enough to stumble into some Opana this week, if you ever get the chance BUY SOME. I hadn't done any since I was a regular opiate user with a big tolerance years ago, but trying it again this week with little-no tolerance was pretty amazing.

Amazingly strong rush and a clean, long lasting high :D

Dude the snow is ridiculous. I got my truck stuck in my driveway trying to move it across so the plow could get through. Snow up to the grille and completely over the wheels. I got stuck not because I lost traction, but simply because I was pushing a wall of it up in front of me. Then my friend got his Dodge 2500 plow truck stuck in the driveway and we had to dig him out. We took a little drive in my roomies truck, when they said stay at home they were right. Man that was a mistake going out in it, luckily we got back fine and all but holy shit I have never experienced anything like this

Hey Beta, what's up mayne? Long time no see
And yes, opana was awesome. A few years ago I had a nice little run with it for a few months

And chinky, thanks you put almost exactly what I was trying to say into words pretty clearly.

ok I should have said "where I live, Sandy wasnt that bad"

I thought I insinuated that with the Jersey comment but I guess I really have to spell things out in here

you dont even live in the Northeast dude so idk why you think you can tell me how bad or not bad the storm was

That's good to know. Although I wish they did go somewhere, Connecticut specifically.

I'm still alive. Nothing exciting here either. Been dealing with some stupid legal bullshit and my computer was broken for a while. Still working way too many hours and not doing much else productive with my life. Been trying to stay away from dope, that was my New Years resolution. Failed real early on, but still using a fraction as often as I was. Just spending my time hanging out being a boring adult. An angry one. Also I am growing a beard. Woo, fun.

aye mayne, we all fuck up. i'm just glad it isn't as bad as it used to be for you.

also.. a beard?! i'm so disappoint. :(

people dont talk about the 2feet of snow that was dropped in west virginia

yeah because that shit happened in an area with ski resorts and no one really cared. they were actually pretty happy about it. i know - i live here.
as far as 9/11 goes.. that affected EVERYONE. i knew people who's family members lost their lives.. who had other family members that were enlisted and were terrified of them being sent off to war (which they inevitably were). and the woman who threw the muslim in front of a train? she didn't do that because of 9/11.. she did that because she was an ignorant fucking racist.

the comparisons are fucking stupid. unless you lived through either of those tragedies you really can't say what was worse.

^ ignorant fuckin racist thanks inpart to 9/11

ok I should have said "where I live, Sandy wasnt that bad"

I thought I insinuated that with the Jersey comment but I guess I really have to spell things out in here

you dont even live in the Northeast dude so idk why you think you can tell me how bad or not bad the storm was

no youre right i dont but i have cousins and aunts and uncles that live in annapolis and virginia beach and a cousin in school at drexel but got his undergraduate at dartmouth..so dont tell me i dont know about what went on out there or dont know anything about the northeast. we do talk and they do come home everyother christmas.

so dude who are you to tell me what i do and do not know about the northeast dude? for all you know i could have orginally been from fucking Bangor or Middlebury, or maybe about the fact i get 2 newspapers a day and 3 three times a week delivered to my house. not to mention all the news channels on tv that i watch local and national and international, or like how what we were talking about in a different thread that geography and history are my 2 strongest classes even threw college because i found them the most interesting and important because if we dont remeber history we are bound to repeat it..dont be so fucking ignorant you poor sap and maybe fuckin open up your mind and maybe you can learn something, even its just being not so ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.