• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Naltrexone and H

Dezzz

Greenlighter
This my first post I am sure I am in the wrong place, if so I am sorry. The day before thanksgiving swim O/D on H. His wife couldn't wake him up. She called 911. Next thing he know he was in the hospital with 6 mg of narcan in him to get him breathing. He was in the ICU vowed never to touch shit again. He almost lost his life wife house and family. He made a pact with his higher power to never touch the junk again. He was clean straight out of intensive outpatient program. His doctor had put him on naltrexone for about two weeks at this time. Had about 36 days clean feeling like a new man. Swim found some crumb in his house and decided to do it since he forgot to take his naltrexone that morning. He got 0 effect from it so did more..... Just a little feeling this time, nothing extravagant. The next morning he took his naltrexone and just felt "weird". Mostly regret and anger for having to start his clean days over. He has never hated himself more. Thank god his wife truly loves him because swim told her and she is mad but sticking with him, just a little distant. Swim doesn't know if anyone has had the same problem with the meds and H like I have, such as taking both so close to each other? Or if it is just the regret and shame I feel for hurting swim and his wife like this. He am in NA now, going to start vivitrol shot so He can't ever "forget" to take it again.:!