• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc NAC (n-acetylcysteine)

I make this post in the hope that someone could please tell me if the supplement NAC (n-acetylcysteine) could help me. I am taking Lyrica (pregabalin) a lot lately for recreational effects and heard the supplement l-glutamine can help promote GABA production so I just did a search and found a study about NAC helping with this addiction. It also said:

In humans, NAC is known for its role in mitigating cocaine and nicotine dependence [29,30,31].

The link is here:

I find these studies really confusing to read and this one talks about it being on mice. I have NAC and was thinking I should take it for this. I take one every day but it doesn't seem to do much but maybe I am not taking enough.

Does anyone have any experience with this? NAC would be ideal to try as I already have some. I need to quit this Lyrica AND nicotine.

Thank you for reading.
Nicotin I would advise Cytisine/ Tabex, or Varenicline if you dr. is willing to prescribe. But they do the same block the Nicotine receptor with higher affinity as Nicotin.

Cocaine, I did Coke but replaced it with Khat, Aphetamine or Ephedra/ Ephedrine. But never found Coke very addictive when snorted. What you ROA?

I’m sorry to hear about your dad‘s death and I wish you all the best in coming out stronger and growing as a person after dealing with this tragedy. May God bless you and your father. if it’s not too unbearable, I would recommend you stay away from anything like diazepam and related CNS depressants as they only temporarily mask sadness, but can simultaneously interfere with the cognitive processes needed to move on from traumatic memories. I would advise you to supplement with lots of thiamine and other B vitamins, along with zinc and magnesium under the guidance of a doctor. thiamine is very interesting in the context of drug and alcohol withdrawal since aside from its properties as a traditional B vitamin, it is also used in the RNA editing process needed to construct calcium in permeable AMPA receptors. i’ll go into more detail on this in a new thread I will create on the neuroscience and pharmacology forum.
Thank you for your kind reply and good information. I look forward to learning more about thiamine and what it can do.

Nicotin I would advise Cytisine/ Tabex, or Varenicline if you dr. is willing to prescribe. But they do the same block the Nicotine receptor with higher affinity as Nicotin.

Cocaine, I did Coke but replaced it with Khat, Aphetamine or Ephedra/ Ephedrine. But never found Coke very addictive when snorted. What you ROA?
Thank you for your reply and good suggestions. I wanted to get champix (as they call it here) from my doctor but I can't get in to see him for a few more weeks. I am worried now I am going to get addicted to the nicotine spray and be back where I started. It's not cheap either so I need to stop after this lot runs out and rely on the patches for a few days to get me through the worst.

I've never tried cocaine. I have coca leaf tea - that's the closest I've ever came to it. Not taking any stimulants and prefer opioids but off all that now too. I think it's why my brain is constantly looking for something to feel better.