• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants N00b Meth Question.. Neurotoxicity Related

m3th

Greenlighter
Gents..

Been reading.. and a little worried about meth neurotoxicity.
How much damage have i caused if ive used meth for 2-3 weeks at low dosages.. like 30-50mg a day.
0.25grams can last me 1 week.

My last meth use was roughly 12 months ago and lasted about 1 month. Also low doses.

Quick info..
Ive been a stimulant addict for years (energy drinks and caffiene pills etc). Im 32yo.. and sometimes takes benzos if i get restless and cant sleep.

Cheers.

Enough to have you worrying about neurotoxicity after a few weeks at low doses. Nothing permanent - That is probably on par with taking a couple of Adderall tablets a day for a few weeks. If you keep using though, these kinds of 'worries' *may* persist or worsen and really, how many people can say that their life has gotten better due to their continued use of methamphetamine? Maybe give daily use a rest?

well meth in the form of desoxyn for ADD is generally prescribed at around 25mg/day, not infrequently for long term use, and this dose is often considered safe by the medical community.
just putting that out there.
I don't have much knowledge regarding at what point the neurotoxicity of meth kicks in so I'll leave you w/ that.

Are you talking about street methamphetamine, or some sort of add medication? If it's the street variety, your listed milligramage will give us little idea as to how much you were taking, as purities vary.

What is causing you to worry, are you displaying any symptoms? If so, which ones?

-SS373dOH Soul

Use our great search engine or google it. Mixing caffeine or other stimulants with methamphetamine can exasserbate symptoms you are having. At the least, you are depleting dopamine and possibly other neurotransmitters, from prolonged stimulant usage. Please use the search engine, to find out more.

Use our great search engine or google it. Mixing caffeine or other stimulants with methamphetamine can exasserbate symptoms you are having. At the least, you are depleting dopamine and possibly other neurotransmitters, from prolonged stimulant usage. Please use the search engine, to find out more.

It is street meth, but im not mixing it with other stuff. Maybe just a coffee.
The side effects im seeing is..
Not feeling excessively tired during the day anymore.. (I always feel tired/depleted without stimulants).
However it has made me a little anxious/paranoid.

I dont usually have more than 5/6 small puffs of the pipe. Usually always before midday.

I have done numerous searches and i know its toxic.. but i cant seem to find any information on what milligram levels become toxic.
I want to try to keep my usage as low as possible.

I really appreciate alll your replies BTW.

IMO mate your probably in less than mild severity. But that's just me. I'm 21 and abused Ice heaps at the ages of 17-19 doing it pretty well everyday when I could afford it. As I live in AUS the stuff is crazy potent but just the way it is cooked over here. A quick jog to rehab at 19 and got all scrubbed up. I was brain dead for the leangth of it but I ended up comming through in the end. Personally I would suggest giving it a break if you are conserned about your frying your brain cells. That or taking your magnesium supplements are a great way at slowing tolerance and possibly the toxic effects by a margin. Or do what I did and go to rehab.. but that is a mammoth effort!

Hope this helps

Also because you've only been using for shorter amounts of time but binged.. I think you might just have short term acute neurotoxicity. Rather than chronic which would be from long term heavy use.. think about that. Don't use Ice for to long otherwise short term may turn into something long term and no one wants that!