• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My secret

The hope for tomorrow is such an awesome thing. Endless possibilities for what tomorrow could bring. I know you worry alot about what the future holds but after seeing what you were able to do with just sheer will power I for one feel like you will take the bull by the horns and find a job that will keep you in the lifestyle you have built for you and yours.

Your inner strength is no joke. Believe in yourself and your abilities. I know everyone here at bluelight does.

Hi there friends
its been a few days since I've posted -the longest since I started this thread
i guess I was ashamed and did t want to tell you that I did it agian
I don't have my pills anymore because I didnt get a new script ( I have kicked myself a few times about that)
so I did a CWE on almost 100 t-1's
of course, it didn't get me high, mostly just disgusted with myself.
Why do I do think to myself? I had 6 weeks clean, then I blew it the day I was LET GO from my almost 23 year Job
then I got a few more days I. And I did it again
i really need some copi g skills -I need to talk myself out of it.
Im such an, idiot
bit I wanted to be honest and tell you guys. I really liked being able to tell you I was doing ok and stayi g clean, like a bunch of you are doing. And I'm so proud of you and happy. And jealous.
Ok, that's it for me-thanks for listening

thanks for being up-front.

...i'm not quite sure i understood everything in your last post, though. do you have a plan or goal regarding your recovery at this point?

you're still doing great!

Not sure what your problem is bernc1 but a bit harsh on someone that is going through a hard time just because you don't understand a few things. Good luck to you and your recovery.

Yeah Bernc1, knock off the trolling! Hope you have left, no need for scum on BL!!

Best of luck OP

Rtp

Dear bern!
Wow!
When I first read your post, my first decision was that I would not reply back, as BL is not a place to argue with each other. But it is really hard to be put down and accused of lying, ect, and. To not be able to defend yourself. I'm not sure why you are so upset and bothered by me, or why you think my story is a lie. This is my story-the good and the bad. It is the only story I have. I came here for support. I knew I was going to be trying this on my own and I was hoping I could get support and information here

I will try to answer your concerns:
#1-t3 has 30 mg of codeine and needs a prescription
T1 has 8mg of codeine and can be purchased OTC

#2-CWE-cold water extract. This is done by addicts that don't want to kill themselves by taking too much APAP ( acetaminophen). If I were to take enough t1's to get the codeine I need, I would have to take approx 80 pills. The amount of APAP would kill me-so I take 80-100 of them, grind them in a bullet, then perform the CWE on them and I'm left with a small glass of codiene water that is by far the most disgusting thing I have ever injested in my life. Sadly, I'm pretty good at doing CWE's

#3-blue pills-I don't know what to tell you. I found these pills and no one was able to identify them. I tried all the on line sites and I asked here on BL as well, which is actually not allowed and I got in trouble from a moderator
Perhaps you are able to identify them

#4- my looks. -I think that in all my 136 posts, I have only ever talked about my looks in detail once. Maybe I mentioned them before-seems like you would know better than me! I'm far from obsessed with how I look. I've never been bothered by my age-my husband is 10 years older than me, so I really never think about it. I'm a plain, ok-looking middle aged women. It's been years since I have paid much attention to how I look, and I can't tell you the last time I bought myself clothes. Because I have been really down on myself since I lost my job, and ex-employee actually picked me up and took me to a spa where they did my hair and my eyelashes. They did my nails too, but I don't think I posted that. It simply made me feel better. A kind gesture from a kind person, and I felt "pretty" for the day. I'm sorry that made you angry and upset. I wonder what kind of person you are

#5- money talk-I agree that I should never have talked about money. This is the first forum I have ever posted on and I haven't always posted appropriately. I guess you learn as you go. I was posting. Whatever was happening in my life and I now know that some things are not ok to post.
At the end of the day, money can't be the most important thing. Our family is going to learn to live with less and its and simple as that

#6- catching me in lies? It sounds like you are obsessed with me. If you have read and re read all my posts. I have never done that before. Creepy?
Perhaps I will go through my thread myself one day and see if I either posted something wrong , or if I wasn't clear about something, or whatever else. But I can tell you I have never lied on my thread. Why in the world would I do that? Why would anyone do that? I didn't come here to share my perfect wonderful life. I'm not looking for admiration like you say. My lIfe is so fucked up I'm pretty sure there is nothing admirable about it. I am an embarrassment to myself and my family.

I came here on BL to see about support. To get some advice This has become a place I look forward to coming to. I do t make too ma y posts because I don't think I have much to offer. I don't give advice because I don't feel qualified. But I have reached out and offered my support to a few people on BL, including yourself. There are a few people on BL that I have made "cyber friends" with and they have become very important to me

I am sorry you are bitter and angry. You do not know me and I have never said a mean word to you. I'm feeling pretty beat up in life right now, I really didn't need you to beat me up too
I certainly hope you feel better now
Peace

Last edited:
Hi there
well, it's been quite a week. I went through some of my darkest days since I last posted. I was using every day and I was too ashamed to come on here and tell anyone. I barely functioned at all. Mostly I slept and used. I could see my very good life going down the tubes. So on Monday I made a decision to stop using and do what it takes to get my life back on track. So today is 6 days clean. And today is a good day. Yesterday was too. The first 4 days were rough. I was so sick that I couldn't even bring myself to read any BL posts, let alone post anything. Right now I'm not even thinking about getting a job. I'm going to get myself well. I need a couple of months clean before I put myself into a new situation. I think that I didn't handle all the changes in my life well and that is partly why I just kept using. I think that the loss of my parents, trauma with my daughter and the loss of my job, all within a relatively short period of time messed me up emotionally way more than I was able to admit. So im going to take some time to heal.
Thanks for listening.

Hi there
well, it's been quite a week. I went through some of my darkest days since I last posted. I was using every day and I was too ashamed to come on here and tell anyone. I barely functioned at all. Mostly I slept and used. I could see my very good life going down the tubes. So on Monday I made a decision to stop using and do what it takes to get my life back on track. So today is 6 days clean. And today is a good day. Yesterday was too. The first 4 days were rough. I was so sick that I couldn't even bring myself to read any BL posts, let alone post anything. Right now I'm not even thinking about getting a job. I'm going to get myself well. I need a couple of months clean before I put myself into a new situation. I think that I didn't handle all the changes in my life well and that is partly why I just kept using. I think that the loss of my parents, trauma with my daughter and the loss of my job, all within a relatively short period of time messed me up emotionally way more than I was able to admit. So im going to take some time to heal.
Thanks for listening.
Sending love your way. I'm proud of you for all that you've accomplished. Keep up the positive attitude and know that others are truly and really rooting for your success.

<3

-D

hi darling, I read your thread from the beginning and I think that you are a strong woman.
You were doing good, more than expected in your situation, and recently you have been just overwhelmed by events.
I truly think you can make it. I agree that a new job would be too stressful right now, but what about a hobby?
It could be a sport or a course, whatever appeals to you - I know that nothing appeals now, but you could make a little effort.
Just one thing, not too difficult or time requiring, something that keeps you in activity and requires some engament.

What do you think?

Hi imtryin!

Just checking in to see how things were today. I hope you're doing well and were able to enjoy your day!

<3

-D

Hello Dil!
my fellow canadian!!! I'm in ontario-are you?
im ok, today is yet another one week clean date for me. It actually went by pretty fast
im glad that those really awful days seem to be over? I shouldn't speak so soon, huh
right now I'm cleaning out my house. Trying to sell anything worth selling and donating or tossing the rest.
Inwas always so busy working that I never had time to do it, so. Now that I don't have any excuses I'm getting IT done
hope everyone is having a great day

Hello Dil!
my fellow canadian!!! I'm in ontario-are you?
im ok, today is yet another one week clean date for me. It actually went by pretty fast
im glad that those really awful days seem to be over? I shouldn't speak so soon, huh
right now I'm cleaning out my house. Trying to sell anything worth selling and donating or tossing the rest.
Inwas always so busy working that I never had time to do it, so. Now that I don't have any excuses I'm getting IT done
hope everyone is having a great day

Thats great! I'm officially two weeks today. Was feeling great Sunday morning, had a very rough night last night. But made it and somehow got some sleep this morning which I haven't really done since kicking, and it made me feel way better. I had a real dark night but back with positive vibes now.

I am indeed in Ontario as well.

Glad you're doing well and congrats on hitting that one week mark again. Keep it up!

-D

Hello friends.
well, I'm feeling surprisingly decent today
this is the longest I have stayed clean since I lost my job.
I was at the pharmacy today, picking up some things, and I just about went to the back to ask for a jar of t-1's.....and I talked myself out of it. It's crazy to think that I injested close to a thousand of those damn pills just in the Monet of August alone. Of course, most of the acitiminphen is gone, but who knows how much gets filtered through? For all I know my liver is on its last leg
anyway, I can't think about that , I just need to keep moving forward.
Well, today is officially over
hope you all had a good day

You're doing so well!! That was very strong of you to resist.

You're a brave lady & congratulations on quitting the pills!

Rtp

You're doing so well!! That was very strong of you to resist.

You're a brave lady & congratulations on quitting the pills!

Rtp
This.

I know exactly just what that is like, imtryin. Living in Canada as well it was always oh-so-tempting to go ask Mr/Mrs Pharmacist for a pretty bottle of Tylenol #1 sitting right there behind the counter when my own mess ran out, way way way way before my next refill. Which I'm sad to say was often.

For the sake of anybody battling any opiate addiction, many things could have or would have been different if this simple yet powerful in larger doses opiate was Rx only.

But saying no like that, when it's right in front of you, is a remarkable strength of character and you deserve to feel proud of yourself for that. As Rtp says, you're a brave lady.

Congrats again.

-D

Congrats on a personal victory. You have the will power of 100 people lol. You are an inspiring person. Congrats again. Keep up the good work.

Hello there!
well, I am feeling really good!! We all know that this might not last, so Im going to enjoy every minute of this feeling!!
i spent all day cleaning out my basement, garage and spare room. It doesn't even look like I made a dent, but I did. I have put about 30 buckets aside to sell-where I'm going to sell it all is beyond me-maybe a lot of yard sales?? But I am not going to keep it. I feel really good about it.
My daughter has suggested that the three of us go on a 3 day juice cleanse. So on Saturday, Sunday and Monday-all we are going to injest will be juice ( pretty disgusting juice at that). But it is something she wants. She is a dancer and has a perfect body, but she wants to do it for health, not weight loss. Then she has suggested that we change our eating habits after that. So I guess my life is going to have yet another major change. What the hell. Maybe I will lose a few pounds and fell better. My husband is not exactly looking forward to it, but will do just about anything for her-so thr three day juice cleanse it is!!! Has anyone done one before? I have not.
I hope you all have had a good day. And I hope tomorrow is as good as today was. I'm taking my daughter to the beach tomorrow. There is a little town there that has lots of sweet shops and great little cafes-I have taken her every year since she was 5 and started school. Just the two of us. I usually take her at the end of the school year, but she was not doing very well at that time this year and we missed our trip. So tomorrow will be special. I'm really looking forward to it
I hope you all have a great day!!!

Have a great time at the beach! And the juicing.. Blah! I tried that once lol. But hey, it's a fun family event I guess! My wife was a dancer since she was 4 years old through 18. She really misses it these days and is considering opening her own studio sometime. I think she should, she is such a patient and gentle leader yet gets the job done.

Youre doing a great job imtryin. Have fun with your family!

^hey neighbour!
My daughter started when she was 5, but didnt go competitive until she was 10-so it's been 5 years of crazy, not to mention expensive. I could be driving one fine car right now if she would only have enjoyed soccer!!!! Your wife has a great idea. There is so much money to be made as a studio owner. You really need to get a couple really amazing, well known choreographers, and it will grow after your first year of competitions. My daughter is good, but not good enough to do it for a living after school. She has a couple of friends that will end up at Joffery in New York, and maybe Broadway even-but the most mine will do could be a scholarship. Then she wants to be an accountant. Which is great in my books!!! Then she could open a studio!!!

anyway-I feel really good today -except for some actual pain. Remember the whole reason I was on meds to begin with? I was prescribed 200mg of codeine a day for my pain. Mostly back and knee. Once I stopped taking it, I realized my pain wasn't really that bad and I could handle it. But every now and again ( like this is the 3rd or 4th time since the end of May), the pain is searing. Today it is my knee. It hurts so bad and there is really nothing I can do about it. Regular Advil doesn't work. This kind of pain is only going way with a narcotic of some kind. But I have clearly proven to myself that I have no control. So I'm goi g to have to make it through this without anything. Plus I have to walk around most of the day today!!! Yippee.

Other than my knee -I feel different. The last couple of days my sense of doom and hopelessness is gone. My career is still over and I still have no job lined up, but I feel peaceful, if that makes sense. There is so much good in my life and I'm starting to enjoy it.

have a great day, everyone!