My Rights in a Public High School

shags2dope78

Bluelighter
(Edit: I am aware this post is VERY large, but I had to explain EVERYTHING.)

Since the Columbine shootings happened, the local school board put at least one cop in every school. Well, when I entered high school, it was a totally new world. Drugs were going around like crazy, especially pills. I started smoking weed everyday as soon as I entered high school, and I kept on my habit of popping pills.

My freshman year, I was suspended for cigs. It was stupid, but I was young and stupid and I guess I thought smoking would make me look cool, lol. But I quit smoking cigs a few weeks after that happened. My dad made me eat chewing tobacco (and yes, he made me EAT that stuff) while smoking cigars and drinking milk. And I never puked.

But that's besides the point. My freshman year, I never got searched. My second year, I got searched 3 times and they found nothing. They said they suspected drug dealing from me inside the school. But I really wasn't.

Then last year, my Junior year, I was searched a total of 19 times. And that is no bullshit. And they NEVER found one thing on me. It became just a regular thing for me. One reason why I got searched is because one of my friends bought pills from this one guy who I bought pills from also. Well, that guy got busted because of a fight with another guy over money. Apparently, the seller ripped the guy off $10 saying he would get change, and the guy that fought him started screaming that the guy had pills. That was stupid as fuck. So the seller got busted and suspended for the whole year and he narced out my friend.

My friend was suspended for NOTHING. He was suspended for 10 weeks with a school board hearing (which is where you appear in front of the school board and they see if they want to add more weeks to the suspension or let the person go back to school). My friend had no drugs on him and yet they still suspended him because they "heard" he was doing pills with the seller. That is bullshit, but it wasn't my problem. His parents should of taken action, but they didn't.

After that, the assistant principal (we have one principal and four assisstant principals) and the school police officer came to my class, asked for me, and got me out of class. They were stupid as fuck. They acted like I was selling kilos of coke or something. The cop would walk behind me and the assistant principal would walk BACKWARDS in front of me. They were watching me to see if I toss anything.

They brought me to the cop's office and they searched through my backpack. And they weren't nice during the search, especially the first search. This is EXACTLY what happened: They brought me to the room and shut the door. They took my backpack off of me and unzipped it and just dumped the books and papers in the floor. They would look through everything. They would look in a book and then toss it accross the room. They would scatter my papers throughout the room. They would get a folder full of papers and dump all the papers out and they would scatter across the room. By the time they finished with my backpack, the room would be COVERED with my papers and books all over the room. And they didn't have enough decency to even pick them up. They told me to and that WAS after they searched me. They told me to pull my pockets out and after I pulled every pocket out, they would check my hands. Then they would stick their hands in my pockets and look for themselves even though I pulled them out. They asked me to give them names or they would suspend me for 6 weeks. I never gave names and they only wrote me up for detention hall.

This effected me emotionally (which does sound stupid and crybaby-ish) and it effected my education. I would have to turn something in for class and when I looked in the folders, I remembered that they tossed all my papers out. I would have to look through hundreds of papers and most of the time, I never would find the work. Emotionally, I actually felt like a victim. I felt like I was in a prison. I felt like I had no rights at all as soon as I entered that building. The cop would tell ALL my teachers that I am a active drug user and they need to watch me. So all respect the teachers had for me vanished. The teachers never tried to help me after that. I remember one time I asked my Spanish teacher if he could help me with a question on a paper he gave us and he replied, "Why don't you just smoke a joint?"

Since the first search, I never did drugs in school. But I still kept getting searched and the same things happened as I said. I had detention hall for basically the whole year and even as I start school now, I still have it. But during the last search I got (it was like the last week before school ended), I felt like I was on the verge of a breakdown. As soon as the search was over, I called my mom and told her to pick me up. I told her I wasn't feeling good.

When I got home, I just sat on my bed and began to think. I noticed that my grades fell from Bs and Cs to Ds and Fs. I just got angry about all the school put me through and punched a few holes in my wall. My mom walked to my room and saw me and I just started screaming. I told her what was happening and then she left my room as I laid down. She told my dad (who is a probation officer) and he was furious. He called his brother (who is a lawyer) and told him to look up the laws on school searches. They were breaking the law and my Uncle even found a story that happened last year about the school telling a kid to give names about drug dealers and users in school, and he got 2 people caught. They came to the guy's house and beat the living fuck out of him. They broke his arm and nose. And the kid said that the school said that they wouldn't tell the people his name, but the dealers admitted to the assault on the guy and said they got the guy's name from the school.

Before my dad was going to take legal action, he wrote a letter to the state government about this whole stuff. The state replied saying they were going to look into the matter and get back to him. Four weeks rolls around and we get a letter from them saying that they were acting in the best intrest of the students.

My dad still hasn't taken legal action yet, even though he is planning on doing it. I started school for my first day today and he didn't want to press charges against the school while I'm attending it. I can't go to private schools because they are super expensive and I can't switch schools because the only school I could go to is out of a certain area of my house so we would have to pay $3,000 just for me to go one year. So I'm stuck in this school (I see it more of a prison) and I'm worried that the same thing will happen this year.

I have taken my grades seriously since I do want to go to college, but as I see it now, I'm thinking about just getting a GED. But I need some help here, legal and just support for the mind. Does anyone have any advice for me while attending this school? If my dad takes legal action, what do you think will happen? I have a thousand questions, but now starting school after summer is something that I have been dreading the whole summer.

Unfortunately, being a minor and being in a school you have very little rights. The first thing I would do is get a copy of your schools hand book and look up the due proccess for students (basically how the administration has to go about getting you in trouble). I know a couple kids who were able to get out of being in trouble because they weren't given due proccess. It sounds like you have a case for something, but I don't know enough to tell you what. At the very least it's clear that you have some damages based on your emotional state and falling grades, and you might even be able to sue for slander if they were telling teachers you were a drug user and your treatment changed because of that (I don't know how well that'll go over). I say consult your lawyer and go for it. My school was pretty bad about their discipline rules, but what you've gone through is excessive and horrible.

Jeez.. feel bad for ya.

The problem is, your pretty much on your own here. You'll have to get a lawyer and that costs money. You'll have to pubicly go to the papers, the news, anyone and tell your story. You'll get ALOT of crap for doing this. Admitting that you used, or still use drugs isn't going to help. Even if what they did was excessive, unfortently many people will justify it saying that you should have known that hanging around with known drug dealers would cause this.

Personally, I'd transfer. Who cars how far it is. Heck MOVE OUT OF STATE, live with a grand parent and attend school there. Now, I'd also cut back on the drugs.

If you have to, and I mean HAVE to stay at that school. I'd work on the grades. Even if they fuck with you at school, just laugh at them. Tell them you don't do that stuff anymore, let them search all they want. Keep up the good grades, hopefully a few months of that and they will move onto the next guy. If not, well.. tought it out.

If you do it right, you'll go to college, get a good job and hey, I know plenty of sucessful folks who still smoke weed now and then. 30 years from now, you could walk into your highschool reunion. Announc how they school fucked you big time, tell them you have your good job, life, wife, kids etc and they can go fuck themselve. Then walk outta there and forgot about them.

Jay

The most shameful part to me is that these are post-columbine school security tactics and all the schools are doing is bullying kids to mental unstability like the columbine attackers were by fellow students.

Zero Tolerance is intolerance.

That is true. I am not a angry person usually. I always keep myself in a good mood, even if I don't have the best day. I never have snapped like that in my life. And I have always wondered why I did snap like that. I think it was because it felt like there was no stop to what they were doing. I am supposed to live in a country where freedom and my rights are supposed to be respected. But whenever I walked into that school, I felt like I had no rights.

And the sad part about it all is that there was NOTHING I could really do to stop it. They could always keep on saying they suspected me having drugs and just keep on doing it. I hear these teachers bitching about how the school has no power with students, and I just feel so damn angry. If the school has the power to basically bully me around just because there is a police officer there, I think they have quite a bit of power.

I forgot to reply to the other posts.

In the school handbook, it just says students and their property are subject to search. But as far as the lawyer thing goes, my Uncle is a lawyer, so it would be free. And I have told both my dad and my lawyer that I have done drugs in school. But my lawyer still thinks all those searches have gone to far.

When my lawyer looked up the law, it says that for any school in my state to do a search, they MUST find the illegal substance or whatever they are looking for. Which means, they must be sure that I have drugs (or in some cases, tobacco) on me. And you may think that sounds stupid and that is just putting the school somewhat in my shoes, but with you think about all the students that LOVE to report someone in for drugs and the cameras in EVERY classroom and outside of the building, they could easily see if a student is involved in drug activity. And if you think students can get away from the cameras in the bathroom, you are wrong. The school has a few teachers, principals, or cops check the bathrooms constantly. I'm not saying they go in there once an hour, they go in there quite a few times.

And sometimes teachers will even sit in a chair in front of the bathrooms and watch students walk and out. And if the teacher suspects something, they will get on the radio and get the cop.

And you read about all this stuff they do to prevent drug use and selling, and yet the total count of people suspended who were caught with drugs was 2. And while I was getting searched basically the whole fucking year, I was offered to buy Xanaxs and Lortabs everyday. And I said no, and yet, I still got searched.

Another thing in the law in my state about searches that is messed up is that the school does not have to contact the student's parents if they are going to search him. That is one thing my parents are angry about. I can understand if a student gets searched ONE time and they don't contact parents. But I'm getting searched CONSTANTLY and they didn't even make an effort to contact my parents about it. And the school has lied about that saying they did try to call my house phone a few times I got searched. But ithe school has both, my mom's and dad's work number, so why the hell didn't they bother calling that? Everytime I got detention hall, they would call them at work. And if they called my house, why wouldn't they leave a message?

As far as sueing for slander, that is exactly what my dad is also doing to one of my teachers last year. I forgot to mention this because I was so caught up in just searches. But one time, in front of the WHOLE class (35 students), a teacher was in the front of the room on the computer. And she basically told me (trying to be funny and make me mad) that she has heard that I am a big drug dealer for hardcore drugs and that she is going to be watching me.

But when she was notified by the school that she was going to press charges, she tried to contact my dad. My dad was angry at the time, so he didn't want to cuss her out or do anything, so he just let the answering machine pick up. My lawyer, me, and my dad have wrote a letter to her yesterday basically saying that they don't want to take legal action, but they demand she gets EVERY student that heard her say that in a room and them what she said was false. And we also demanded that she privately apologizes to me. How that will work out I don't know. I'll find out either tommorrow or the next day.

it's always said that "upon reasonable suspicion" the schools can search you, now, if he were to sue, would the schools be required to show such "reasonable suspicion" to the courts? It seems like they should have to prove that they had reasonable suspicion, and they wernt just randomly searching you all 19 of those times.

That is a very good point and it was strange because I just got off the phone with my lawyer and he said almost the same thing. A search one or two times with that using that "reasonable suspicion" excuse would probably get them out of it, but for 19 times, there is no way.

Especially since I totally stopped coming to school high and I totally stopped taking pills at school. I also stayed as far away from the people that I knew sold pills so they wouldn't ask me in front of people, so I wouldn't get searched again. So it makes no sense how they could use suspicion when I was totally out of drugs on school grounds.

And I am not wanting money out of this. Even though that is the point. I could care less about money, my dad could care less about money, and my lawyer could care less about money. Hell, he's doing all this for free. I just want the school to stop all the shit. It's like they are Nazis. But I don't want you people to think that my family and me are the trashy type of people that will sue for every little thing.

I just can't understand why the hell they had to search me so damn much. My friend thinks it's because I know everyone and everyone knows me in the school. I'm not SUPER popular, but I just know everyone. I'm the type of person that will hang out with the "popular" kids and the kids that people at school call "losers". You may think that is stupid, but there is a big story behind it.

My first year, a guy that ALWAYS was trying to talk to me about stuff, but I just tried to avoid him and ignore him. I wasn't rude to him or anything, I always tried to act nice to him. People thought he was a "nerd". I didn't talk to him because he (and this is totally honest, not trying to be mean) just got on my nerves. He would laugh at every little thing I say and he would agree with me on everything I say. And honestly, it's cool to have people like that, but I like to be around people with their own opinions and have their own mind, not somebody that just agrees with me because he is trying to be a friend. Well, the guy was always being made fun of at school. And I never did anything to stop it even as I saw it happening.

Right before the end of school, he hung himself. You have no idea how bad that shit feels. I think he died thinking I was his friend, but in my mind, he died not a friend. So you would think the people at school would feel sorry for him. You know who was at his funeral? Just his family, his family's friends, and me. There was only 1 other student there. And to make things even worse, the people at school that made fun of him, made jokes about his suicide.

I know that's way off track, but it shows you how fucked up this generation is. But anyways, I think because the school's faculty knew I hung out with everyone, they knew I hung out with drug users. And maybe they were trying to prove a point to them? It doesn't make things right, but that's just one explanation my friend told me. It makes sense, but it's totally fucked up. It's like me taking the blame for everyone who does drugs on school campus.

Okay, well I saw the teacher that said I was drug dealing in front of the class today for the first time since the last week of school. And she actually accused me of lieing about what she said. She didn't accuse me to the face, but since this was the first day for her class, she was going over rules. And then she was talking about other stuff and she just kept giving me a evil look. And then she said, "I hate it when people tell their parents lies." and she looks right at me. Right exactly at me. And then she walked over to my desk and she said, "I just can't even stand students who lie about stuff I say" and she patted me on the shoulder in a sarcastic way.

This has been on my mind since that happened. I just can't stand this. I mean, she probably has forced herself to believe she didn't say that. But, I have the names and phone numbers of 8 students that was in the class and they all are willing to go to court and tell the truth: That she really did accuse me of selling drugs in school and she needs to keep an eye on me. And only 2 of them are my friends who make mostly Cs in school. 4 of the students that are willing to go to court for me are straight A students who the teacher thinks are her best students, and she doesn't know that they are on my side.

And today was another strange day for me with the staff at the school. First off, I was talking to one of my favorite teachers after school that always showed respect to me. He tells me a lot of stuff that teachers say. He said that all the teachers are having a discussion and starting rumors within the staff about my weight loss. Over the summer, I got a job working fast food and started to work out and lift weights at my gym. Plus, I take Adderral (now only as it's prescribed) and that makes my hunger go a little down. But with you take into consideration that when I'm working 10 hours (I was during the summer) in front of a hot grill flipping hamburgers, always sweating, and always on my feet, there is some weight loss there. Plus, the gym has made me shed off a few pounds.

So the teacher told me that he has heard from at least 7 other teachers that they think I'm doing cocaine. I have lost a great amount of weight. Plus, when I walked into the school, the cop at first just looked at me. Then he steadily followed me while I was walking from group to group saying "Hey" to people and talking. And then when I was at lunch, the cop and principal actually just circled around the lunch room and then when they got to the table I was sitting at, they would just stand behind me like I didn't see them. Then after like 30 seconds, they would leave and do the same stuff over again.

I don't see what the fuck the school is doing. But the problem is, I can't sue that one teacher now. It is a MUST to pass her class in order to graduate and she is the only one that teaches this class. I have also figured out she is the daughter of the Director of Schools in my area, so even if I go guidance, she won't lose her job over anything. And I just can't stand the fact that the other teachers are just starting rumors about me like that. I mean, this teacher was not joking or anything. When he told me that, he saw how pissed I got. I looked at him and started to just cuss and just snapped.

I officially am the most hated student in the school by most of the teachers. I mean, even my old teachers are just ignoring me whenever I try to see how they are doing. I find it sad that THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of lives have died to make this a free country and so every American has rights. There are even soldiers dieing right now for this country. And it is my right to have a education and a good learning environment.

I have always tried my hardest in school. I want to go to college. I want to make something out of my life. But this is my last year, and I just want to quit. I can't stand it anymore. My grades have fallen, I have lost all respect from the teachers, and even other students now won't even talk to me because the principals and cop are ALWAYS around me.

And guess who is also a guidance counseler? He is also my guidance counseler. The assistant principal that was there during 95% of my searches. He is now a counseler and assistant principal. This school is nothing but shit to me. My Senior year is supposed to one of the best, and yet, I can't even have privacy.

I just have a plan right now. I have just bought a notebook. I am going to right down EVERYTHING the school does and what I have noticed. By the end of this semester, I am going to show the notebook to my lawyer. And I'm also thinking about getting people to sign their names and number under everyday if they are willing to go to court over whatever it is.

I know the school probably will have a big time lawyer, but if I write all this shit down, and have at least 2 or 3 people to prove I'm not lieing about anything, there is nothing the school should be able to do about it. Plus, the school is already in legal trouble. Listen to this shit:

We have a fairly old teacher. He's in his early 60s and he's rich for some reason. He taught me last year in Career Management. Well, this teacher has been rumored to be hooking up with his female students. I never really believed rumors because they are just rumors. So there was this girl in my class, she was 15. She had a lot of trouble at home with an alcoholic dad so I always talked to her. Well, the teacher started to buy her clothes and stuff. He also would give her a ride after school. And then she told me that he bought her a new truck.

Well, I was noticing some strange things on. I just told my guidance counseler about this. I said I don't know what's going on, but I told them I wasn't sure. Then I was out with friends at a McDonalds and I saw the girl and the teacher in the teacher's truck. The teacher was trying to make some advances on her and she kept on trying to laugh and act like it was a joke, but you could tell she was vulnerable. I told my guidance counseler about this and my freinds told other teachers and principals.

Nothing happened and the "relationship" lasted until school was out this summer. Then I was watching the news and saw that the teacher went to the girl's house and the door was locked. The girl's mother told him not to ever come back and he wouldn't leave so the cops were called. Well, that night, the teacher came back and broke in through the window. And the cops were called and arrested him and the girl told her story to the news.

The teacher is being charged, but now the investigation is focusing in on the school. The Director of Schools said he didn't know anything about it and the school's main principal actually went up to the news and said she heard nothing about it and was shocked. But how could that be when 4 people told different teachers, guidance counselers, and even herself? I contacted the police today and told them about this and they are setting me up for a interview on either Thursday or Friday.

I am also thinking about telling the police how I was treated also. I am writing a e-mail to them tonight about the girl's case and my case. Maybe something will be done and maybe even the school officer will be fired for this. I always hate to see people lose their jobs, but this school is just nothing but bullshit. There are a few people in the staff that need to lose their jobs. They are not fit to run a school if they have to basically mentally abuse a student (or students) for some strange reason.

I have contacted my lawyer and he is going with me to the interview. And he also found something out. When my dad was writing letters to the school's principal and cop, they said they don't remember searching me and if they did search me, they had a reason for it. They also said they keep all searches on file and they can't find me being searched. We kept that letter. Then when my lawyer wrote them, they somehow said they have found my file and only searched me 7 times with a good reason. That was from the assistant principal who was writing. Well, when my lawyer went to the school and talked to the police officer, he said he looked up I have been searched 19 times with a good reason. When my lawyer asked the reason, they said they suspected drugs on me. My lawyer asked how and they said from other students. I don't think 19 people have came up to the officer and said I have drugs on me.

Please give me any advice if you can.

Continue with the slander suit, that teacher already hates you, and just get all your work done and done well for her class, that way if your grade is screwed up, you can claim discrimination.

Tell the police what you know about the girl, and ask them what recourse they think you have for being searched so many times. Also, unless the police tell you not to, I'd tell the media that you told a counselor and they did nothing. That'll really get the school hot, and it may even give you a door to get your story aired. I would write your newspaper editor and explain everything. You get the media on your side and things could change drastically.

I will be trying my hardest in her class. I am going to keep records of all my grades I get. The problem is that she teaches Economics. And for some reason, that is required for graduation at my school. And this class is known to be very difficult. I remember seeing students last year getting help from her everyday. And I wish my parents were good at that stuff so they could help me, but sadly they are not.

But I don't give a shit. If I need help, she's going to help me. I don't care if she hates me like crazy. She is going to help me. But I just don't want to be sueing her while I'm taking her class. Thank God it's only a semester. But does lawsuits have to happen in a certain amount of time? Because it won't be until January before the semester is over and with the amount of stress I've been given by her last year along with the amount of stress she has ALREADY given me on the second day of school, I want her to see that even though she is a teacher, she has to show students respect. I always showed her stupid ass respect. I would ask her about stuff at her house that she talked about and I acted like I cared. Did I kiss her ass? No. To me, it's showing respect.

In her class last year, I got a "A" the first week. Then, after all that happened, my next grade was a "D" and then the next was an "F" which she never explained to my parents or me why I got that grade. I sure as hell know I didn't earn it.

And for the media, I really want to. I want to show these parents what the hell is going on in the school they are sending their children to. And lets be honest, high school is probably one of the more important times in someone's life. It can ruin your life or it can make it much better. I'm not saying everyone needs to graduate high school with good grades and go to college.

I'm just afraid about seeing how the media is. The media in my area seems to try to make ANYONE with a lawsuit against something big look like a nutjob. But I don't know how they can make me look like a idiot since I have full proof to backup every damn thing I'm saying. The only thing that I can't really prove is how they searched me. But I can put my hand on the Bible and swear everything I've said is the truth about their actions while searching me.

Plus, with the current stuff going on about the school with the teacher-student relationship, the Judge isn't going to believe anything the school pulls. I know for a fact that I told one guidance counseler, three teachers, and wrote a unsigned letter to the principal when I saw what happened. My friends told the principal, assistant principals, and their guidance counselers. And nothing was done. I also told a substitute teacher that subbed for his class one day. He replied telling me that he has heard a lot about me and the things I do, and he has no respect for me. He also said that I'm just spreading rumors trying to get a teacher fired.

But one thing I never gotten about me being searched is why they were so hateful about it. They acted like the DEA busting in my backpack.

I got searched 3 times one year because my principle was a dick. The fourth time I was about to get searched and I had shit on me but I just ran out of the school and went home. I would rather get suspended for a day or two for skipping school and the cops don't get involved instead of getting caught with 6 hydrocodones and a half ounce of bud.

Yeah, I'm actually thinking about not even involving the law in this. I'm thinking about just going to the media after having a face-to-face talk with the Director of Schools. I think it is a parent's right to know that their child is being searched. I also think parents should know how the searches have taken place.

I don't want to sue them because to be honest, my family doesn't want the money. If it comes to the point where I do, I will. But I think if the local area sees what is happening behind closed doors, they will be angry and demand a change. I think they should know what their children could face when they leave the house for school in the morning.

And this is the war on drugs? Well, I'm going to start the war on the cowards that work at the high school. I am also going to start the war against the police officer who is abusing his badge to make students feel uncomfortable. When I heard about getting a cop in the school, I felt more comfortable. The first cop that was at our school was actually cool. He never looked for trouble. He hardly searched people and when he did, he found something 99% of the time. But he left after my first year and we got this new cop who is a coward with a badge.

Tommorrow, I am calling the Director of Schools and I'm going to tell him that my father and lawyer contacted him about this and still the school has kept it up. I don't care if I'm hated now. I just don't give a damn. I'm going to make straight A's in every fucking class, even if teachers are going to be extra hard on me. They can be pissed if they want to, but they screwed up. And I'm keeping a record of every single grade I get in every single class. At the end of the week, I am going to ask the teacher what my grade is. They will not fuck me over there.

And when I walk accross the stage with the diploma in my hand and they reach out to give me a handshake, I'm just going to keep walking. They have no respect from me.

Honestly.... reading this, you've got yourself very worked up over this. Before you know it, if your not doing drugs now you'll be, cause of all the stress this is causing you.

Please, get yourself out of that school. Nothing good is going to come of this, no lawsuit will make it stop.

Just lay low, put up with the bullshit, graduate and get the heck out of there, or transfer now to somewere else, out of state if possible.

Jay

Someone please fix Alice_In_Chain's reply. That has messed up this thread. I know he did not do it on purpose, but it makes reading replies a whole lot harder.

This school has brought me a lot of stress and I sorta do wish I could just move. Most my family lives in this area and my other Uncle lives in Detroit, right smack in the ghetto of Detroit to, so I think I'd rather put up with this bullshit. It's only a like 7-8 hours and I just got to keep focused on my work and not on the adminstators of the school.

Now, at lunch, I stay away from everyone. Not because I am a outcast. Girls are constantly wanting me to sit with them at lunch along with my friends, but I'm doing it for two reasons. If anyone I'm sitting with is invovled with drugs, that's just going to get the school started on me. And also, I don't want the school to start doing this stuff to my friends. It's stupid that I have to do it but the cop has recently told my best friend that I'm only trouble and he better stay away from me. But the cop told him that AFTER he asked my friend to pull out his pockets.

I have talked to the Director of Schools. He actually came to the school to talk to me. And the principal was trying to be in the room with him as I talked, along with the school cop that would constantly walk in the room. I just told them that I prefer to have nobody else in the room. I told the Director of Schools in my area about last year and this year and he basically was a dick. He said that he has heard my name constantly for involvement of drugs. Of course he has, I know the principals probably called him and mentioned me a few times.

And as far as my drug use in school, there was a main reason why I was really doing drugs in school. My dad (up until the third time I got searched) was an alcoholic. He was very abusive to me and my mom. And even when he was sober, he constantly wanted me to do something. I never could go out with my friends. He would just make a list of stuff I need to do around the house and when I finished, he never even said thank you.

But my neighbors saw him once when he punched me right in my face because I didn't want to do something. And they notified the school and I had to live in foster care for a few months while my dad was getting help. I was doing drugs BEFORE my neighbor notified the cops because I just needed something to get my mind off what's going on at home. I was always worried about going home so school was the only time I was away from my dad and the stuff he did to me. I would be sitting in class and I would be thinking about home and I would start shaking and even had somewhat of a panic attack. So I started buying and taking Xanaxs and Valiums at school so I would feel relaxed.

I also took pain killers so I would feel a lot better and be in like my own world where I had no worries. I would feel energized when I was high on Lortabs or OCs and I just enjoyed my life while the buzz was there. I also did those drugs when I was at school before I had to go to my foster home because life sucked there. There was nothing to do and the people running it were just always negative. They seemed to HATE having a teen there because I've done grown up so I'm always wanting to do something. They never let me do anything but homework and then I would just sit in my room until I went to sleep.

I'm not saying it was right for me to take drugs because of my problems, but I did. I enjoyed them and loved them. But that was one of the main reasons why I did drugs in school. And once things got better at my home, I quit doing drugs at school. And then I started getting searched like crazy and basically "bullied" about the school.

I'm going to contact the media about the school next week and I go in for my interview with the police tommorrow about the school knowing about the relationship between the teacher and student.

Alice In Chains
Seriously you can get a new spacebar for no more than 10$, please consider it.

Shags - Check your private messages, I sent you something about this subject.

The one time i got searched at school i had weed on me :( . Now im not stupid enough to take shit to school... the whole reason i was caught was cuz sum1 popped a stink bomb in front of my locker and they thought it was me so they searced my pockets, and found a dime sack, then read me my rights and i was hauled out of there in front of all the kids in lunch. sucked.

Yeah, I've seen someone get caught with 2 ounces of Dro at school once. I know that sucked because one was his and the other was his friends that he was going to give when he got home from school, and he probably had to pay his friend back.

Today, the cop decided to go to all my classes. And I have no idea why, it was after the bell rung, he would walk in and look at me, and then go back out. I have no idea why he was doing that. He wasn't going in other classes, just the ones I had.

And I have talked to one journalist for a local paper about the teacher/student relationship and how the school knew and they are going to report that Monday or Tuesday. They want me to come in and get interviewed. I also told them about me being searched and they found quite a bit of intrest in that. I can't wait to show the truth about the school, even if they do get pissed at me. And I am going to let them show my name. The next few days will be intresting.

And I thought that my principal and vice-principle was a dick. Hearing this story made me apreciate how well the students are treated at my school. The best part is that during the cold and windy months everyone rolls their joint in the washrooms and the only people that walk in there are the janitors. This isn't a problem because they usually just make some joke about how it smells like weed in there, but they never report anyone. I never got searched at my school nor have any of my friends even though we are usually high and smell of weed.

Yeah, you are lucky to not be in my school. I'm not trying to make this thread so people can pity me, but I'm trying to get into the legal issues and my rights at this school. And it is shown that the school has something wrong with it. Here is another story just to show you out of control the adminstration of the school is:

On the last day of school last year, my best friend and me walk into school. It was a day where you just go to your first period class and get your report card and then you can leave. My best friend is the one that I have mentioned before. He was suspended because one of the people who bought pills from was busted and he gave out my friend's name. So they searched my friend and found nothing, but they told him that if he doesn't admit to drug use in school, they would send him to a juvenile detention center.

Well, he was back from suspension the last week of school. We walk and the principal grabs us and says we shouldn't be on school campus we are still suspended. I was wondering what the fuck she was walking about because I never was suspended and she SIGNED the form that my friend got when he was back from suspension. We just sorta blew her off at first and acted like we didn't hear her and just tried to walk fast to get away from her so we could dodge this bullshit.

But he runs in front of us and stops us. She gets us by the wrists and takes us to her office. She starts yelling at us saying we will never stop and then she leaves while getting out her keys. My friend and me could tell she was going to try to lock us in the room and we didn't want to be locked in there the whole day, so my friend pushed the door open as she was trying to lock it.

We just walk out to go to the main office because the person is head of suspensions works up there. She grabs us by the shoulders and tries to push us back in the room. I said nothing, but my friend was cussing the principal out yelling.

I tell her I just want my report card and I want to leave. She wouldn't let me or my friend even get our report cards. She stands there and gets on the radio and calls for the police officer. The police officer gets there and you know what he did? He actually called for more police officers at the school.

Now knowing that the cop is there, we just go in the room and he locks the door as he sits in there with us. I tell him how all this is stupid and he says I never will learn. At one point his exact words were, "If you got your stupid head out of your ass, this stuff wouldn't happen." Two other police officers (not working in school) go to the school and go to the room.

My friend and me are handcuffed for no reason. This made me mad and I did start screaming at the cops telling them they should get my parents or lawyer in here right now. They wouldn't even make an effort to call either of them. My mom was in the school parking lot waiting for my friend and me to get out and she didn't know this stuff was happening.

So one of the cops walks me and my friend out of the building handcuffed. I had to walk by everyone with handcuffs on. All my friends, teachers, and even some parents. They put me and my friend in the back of the car and drive us to the police station and then they call our parents.

I was at the police station for HOURS because my dad's work number changed and I didn't know it and I didn't know my lawyer's number. And my mom was waiting in the school parking lot for about a hour and half before she walked in the school and asked the principal if she has seen me. And this is the part that makes me mad. She told her that I was acting up, but I have left. She didn't tell her I left in handcuffs with a cop or anything. So my mom goes home and finally the cops call her.

So when my mom gets there, the cop that was driving us to the police station talked to her. I never really talked to this cop. This cop actually told my mom that this was out of control and stupid that he had to go off patrol to come get me and my friend for really no reason. And when my mom called the school after picking me up at the police station, the principal told her, "This is my school and I run it the way I want to."

How fucked up is that?