• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My new oxy...and brands are against the rules

razordesignz

Bluelighter
I got a specific brand of oxy for months noon one had enough in stock so I tryed a new one That works for other meds but ofcourse brand discussion is against the 'rules' even though we can talk and post pics of heroin...so just wondering if anyone who has alot of experience can pm me about oxycodone brands or any advice...what I can say is qualitest is the new one....

I don't believe discussing brands in this context is against the rules. No need to be passive aggressive. I know we've previously had discussions about people on PM having trouble with certain brands (specifically the Zydus OxyIR is what I remember discussing).

Qualitest has been manufacturing Oxycodone for quite some time. They follow the rules as far as generics go with oxycodone being the active ingredient along with other binders/fillers. I have experience with the so called "V checks" and works just as it was intended.

I think a lot of this "I've been on one brand of pain killer for x amount of time and now I have a new brand" is purely psychological. I link it to the fact our brain gets used to seeing the same type of pill being ingested. Once taken, it subsequently releases pain or induces euphoria. When you're brain sees this type of pill, its a triggered memory release of the dopamine. In other words your brain has associated that certain imprint/color/size of pill to pain relief or euphoria. Kinda like how IV users feel the needle prick for a vaccine and get cravings for heroin or associate certain rooms/people with their habit. When your brain sees something different it doesn't trigger that some memory and thus you become skeptical. I highly doubt any certified pharmacy would dispense anything but what was prescribed. Their license is on the line.

Anyways, that's my thoughts

Ya some mental. When I use to take adderall I went threw all 3 generics, each different negatives due to its filler and what not. I finally w3nt from 5 to 50 doller copay but omg the brand name was much more potent(fact) and less negatives for real. Was amazing lol 30mg IR Brand name. Mmm quit them though

Its not the brand discussion that is an issue at all, it is just the courtesy of naming the substance as well because substance brand names vary by area.

The other thing is there is no brand comparison allowed. So you can't discuss what brand you think is stronger.

But if you have a question about a specific brand like the formulation that should be ok.

It shouldn't be a problem discussing the fact brands are different to some degree if you don't mention the brand.

From what I have read at least in the States brands can vary up to 20%+/- from the original brand name.

That is pretty rare for more popular narcotics but it does happen. I never noticed much of a difference between brands of oxycodone but yeah I suppose I did prefer one brand over the other a lil bit.

When it came to formulations that affected me. The "tamper resistant" formulations hurt my stomach and later after I started abusing drugs I preferred the brands that were less dangerous to break down for iv use because they were less deadly, easier to break down, and some product was lost in the process.

I do think what the original post is referring to is a placebo effect. I never noticed a difference between oxycodone brands, benzos yeah.

You can always ask your doctor for another brand and it may go over well or might get you dropped as a patient. I have had both happen.

Last edited:
You must also consider that pain itself and most of the effects of opioids are subjective and unmeasurable in any true manner. What you may describe as a 3/10 one day could feel like a 7/10 another making you falsely believe one brand is inferior. That being said, take whatever brand you perceive as working best. Even if it is 100% psychological, the effect is still real.