• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower My haiku

I told that woman
once, twice, even a third time
haikus are stupid

Not a slight against you @Agentahna , I actually wrote this one wayyyy back in middle school. I always hated the poetry part of language arts class. iirc it was for extra credit on a test or something.

But seriously though, fuck haikus. I never understood how creative writing could be so limited and rigid in it's composition. I liked yours, but then I started counting syllables and I got a bit confused.... can haiku's follow a different pattern than 5-7-5 and still be called a haiku?

I told that woman
haikus are stupid

Not a slight against you @Agentahna , I actually wrote this one wayyyy back in middle school. I always hated the poetry part of language arts class. iirc it was for extra credit on a test or something.

But seriously though, fuck haikus. I never understood how creative writing could be so limited and rigid in it's composition.
i can get behind that. blame the japanese. maybe in their language that amount of "words"/characters can have more meaning and context

I told that woman
haikus are stupid

But seriously though, fuck haikus. I never understood how creative writing could be so limited and rigid in it's composition. I liked yours, but then I started counting syllables and I got a bit confused.... can haiku's follow a different pattern than 5-7-5 and still be called a haiku?

That is clever 😂

I like haikus, they are a good brain exercise