• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe My god, Has ANYONE successfully tried and done the Bernese method or microdosed onto Suboxone from opioids?????

A 2016 case study published out of Switzerland by Hämmig et al. introduced two cases of successful buprenorphine induction overlapping with full opioid agonist use. The authors’ hypotheses for the study were that small, repetitive dosing of buprenorphine with sufficient dosing intervals (i.e. 12-24 hours) should not precipitate withdrawal, and buprenorphine will begin to accumulate at the receptor due to its high receptor affinity and long binding time, and as a result, an increasing amount of full agonists will be gradually replaced by buprenorphine.

from https://www.bcpharmacy.ca/tablet/fall-18/microdosing-buprenorphine-induction-bernese-method

It seems rare. Ive never seen anyone here make a truly good case for it.
Im going for it. And check this out....This guy actually brought on precipitated withdrawal ON PURPOSE using narcan, then after being sick for an hour he took 24 mg suboxone and went to sleep and all withdrawals were over. He said, "youll be sick for an hour", but after that fine".

I may even do this because when I was sent into precip wd by the Dr - he gave me a 4mg subox in his office, then sent me home and said if I dont feel any better in an hour take another 4 mg. So I took the other 4 mg and instantly went into precip wd. But like this guy in the article, HES RIGHT!!! My precip wd was nuts. I immediately lost all control of my limbs and then I hit the deck and sweated like crazy. Im talking CRAZY sweats. Once that calmed down a bit along with my heart rate, I was able to get to bed. There I got fidgity a little but then fell asleep. My wife kept waking me on the Drs comfort meds schedule every 4 hrs and I was able to basically sleep days 1-3. When I got up on day 3, or 4, I was pretty much past everything. By day 7 I was back in Drs office fine, and over everything.

Bats, post: 15757723, member: 571938"]
Im going for it. And check this out....This guy actually brought on precipitated withdrawal ON PURPOSE using narcan, then after being sick for an hour he took 24 mg suboxone and went to sleep and all withdrawals were over. He said, "youll be sick for an hour", but after that fine".

I may even do this because when I was sent into precip wd by the Dr - he gave me a 4mg subox in his office, then sent me home and said if I dont feel any better in an hour take another 4 mg. So I took the other 4 mg and instantly went into precip wd. But like this guy in the article, HES RIGHT!!! My precip wd was nuts. I immediately lost all control of my limbs and then I hit the deck and sweated like crazy. Im talking CRAZY sweats. Once that calmed down a bit along with my heart rate, I was able to get to bed. There I got fidgity a little but then fell asleep. My wife kept waking me on the Drs comfort meds schedule every 4 hrs and I was able to basically sleep days 1-3. When I got up on day 3, or 4, I was pretty much past everything. By day 7 I was back in Drs office fine, and over everything.

[/QUOTE] if youre really into the idea and this excited about it you may be able to tough it out. Just keep an open mind.

I really have no choice. Im out of money. My wife is fed up. I lost my job. I have to get it together, I only started this crap in Feb 2022 too! And in that time Ive quit 3x!! This the 4th. So I only be using maybe like 8 months total!! Its not like Im far gone or too deep in. But Im on day 4 of the micro and after thurs (2 days) thigs will escalate quick. I have a dr appt thurs, so i CANT BE SICK. So im using to then, then ill be out. So.. Im uppping my subs according to coincide, Thurs, and slightly beyond things get hairy.

I really have no choice. Im out of money. My wife is fed up. I lost my job. I have to get it together, I only started this crap in Feb 2022 too! And in that time Ive quit 3x!! This the 4th. So I only be using maybe like 8 months total!! Its not like Im far gone or too deep in. But Im on day 4 of the micro and after thurs (2 days) thigs will escalate quick. I have a dr appt thurs, so i CANT BE SICK. So im using to then, then ill be out. So.. Im uppping my subs according to coincide, Thurs, and slightly beyond things get hairy.
Why can't you tell your doctor?

The Dr who put me into precipitated withdrawal is done with me. When I went back to him 7 days later all he had to say was "it sounds like you need methodone. I dont do that. And I dont think I am the Dr for you." I even said to my wife yesterday Ill make an appt with him, but she said, once I tell him I did this micro-dosing on my own? She's right! This guy hates any patient questioning, or not listening. When I 1st went to him I told him I have been researching and see many fenty users go into precip wd and I heard about this micro-dosing. He LAUGHED in my face as he sa there all self-righteous in his bow tie. I expressed my concern again, they wer dismissed and he said, "I have been doing this for 23 years so I know what I am doing. Stop looking on the internet!"
So that doctor is out. The neck Dr I abot to see tomorrow is a pain doctor and she was the one I revealed my use to. She turned me onto the suboxone Dr above I saw.

So I am getting off the dope on my own.
With that said, last night I took 200 mg lyrica and some muscle relaxers and it totaly calmed me down and I passed out from 745pm to 530am. I woke for the 1st time sinceI can remember.... FINE! No sweats, no chills. NORMAL!!! ITs now 715am and I havent even used any fenty. I usually HAVE TO right away to ward of the wd;s Im feeling but its been 2 hrs and I havent had the need! I just took a 2mg suboxone. Now! I have been crushing M30's and once in a while sniffing small lines of that. But Im being very honest, I feel NOTHING AT ALL from these. If anything, they make me hyper and sweaty. But I feel nothing.
I got them instead of fenty, because I believe they will be easier and better to tone down than the straight fenty. I may be wrong but when I do fent, I FEEL IT!!! The blues (m30s) I dont, so my reasoning is the blues are weaker. So as suboxone goes up, crushed blues wil be much easier to stop.. either way, I have 3 flaps of fenty left, and maybe 10 blues.
Tomorrow s thursday and I see my Dr for my MRI results, After that I have 2 weeks clear in my calendar so thats when I gotta make my moves.
If I go into severe withdrawals, or I go into precipitated withdrawal, its gonna happen by Sunday. Today is Weds and Im starting 2mg tabs of suboxone today.
When I went into precip with the DR, I was giben 4mg in his office, then at home 1 hour later I tok another 4 mg as instructed and immediately went into precip. So the 4mg's wory me. Ill go easy thru thursday, but friday I will def be on the 4mg and that will tell the tale if this micro=dosing worked or not.
If I go into precip again at 4 mg, then micro-dosing just doesnt work,

Yeah doctors are pretty bad, sometimes.
Taper off the oxys and suboxone and you'll be sober. Nice!

I have yet to even use a flap today which for me is incredible! I usually wake every am in a pile of sweat, then ut from covers I start shaking with chills uncontrollably. I have to get a dry shirt on, then I wrap myself in my robe and then sit down to get some fenty in me. This am, I woke normally! I couldnt believe it. I wasnt even sweaty and I felt normal.
I got up and said I wont use any fenty until I have to then... and it was hours. I use some blues (crushed m30s) but being 100% honest, I think they are fake. They do NOTHING to me. I feel nothing at all from them.
So I have them crushed and in a pile and if I start to feel off Ill snif a little. But thats it. I keep the subox going in, and I see my Dr tomorrow at 1045am. After that, its ON!
Soon after all my fent will be gone, and the blues are windling down too. As the subs go up, the fent and blues are going down, and I predict by Sunday the latest, I should be on therapeutic dose of subox and off of all others.
I only have 2 flaps left of actual fent. I need at least some of one to be normal enough to go to Dr appt, But after that, its going to be gone and Ill only be left with the blues.

I recently did it. And thats coming from a fenty sniffer where I went to a trained Dr for suboxone and he sent me into precipitated wd. I quit fenty for 24 hrs then went to see Dr. He gave me 4mg in his office, then sent me home. He said if not feeling better in 1 hour, take another 4 mg. As soon as I took that 2nd 4mg I went into precip wd. It was awful.
Anyway, I did a 10-day taper of subox starting at .5mg up to 12 mg per day then stopped. I was fine. I even used fenty as I micro-dosed up. But as you get closer to 12mg, you'll notice your other opioid has no effect. Theres no sense in taking it. So I got up to 12mg at the apex of my plan (10 days). I did 12 mg for 2 days, days 9 and 10. Then dropped big time to 6 total mgs on day 11, and now I am on day 12 and I havent taken a single sub today and feel fine and its 1pm!
The micro-dosing works. You go slow, and once you hit around 8-12 mg total per day, you'll se your other opioid will have no effect on you. Thats when you stop the opioid. From there, you go by how you feel. I only used 6mg yesterday and I felt fine. Today I havent used any subs and am trying to wean back off.

I have heard repeatedly on this forum that due to fentanyl sticking around in fats, it takes much ,longer before PWD won't happen than it should. Have heard of people getting it after 3 or 4 days even, and not just once or twice have I heard this. It's possible it's actually some fent analogues that do this though, which people just refer to as "fent", they're synonymous in the street drug scene.

Sorry OP, I don't know about the Bernese method, but you should be able to look it up, that is indeed what it is called.
I see multiple posts about fet staying around longer…but I assume that’s just in your body/fat cells. If UA tests can appear clean in roughly 2-3, maybe 4 days (everyone different) I have to assume taking small doses would be the way to go. Especially after waiting about 24 hours or until you have some moderate withdrawal symptoms.

were you able to stop the suboxone after day 7 ? I have my first script of 2mg subs along with some clonodine waiting at the pharmacy for me, going to start the bermese method today. On blues not raw

I did it once successfully within the past 3 months of trying. Unfortunately, I played around too much on the side (for too long, tho I kept a tiny dose of Suboxone active within me...thought I'd be safe that way) and then was unable to resume taking Suboxone without precipitating withdrawal. Now, I'm on here looking for advice bc it's been an absolute trip trying to accomplish it again. It was a trip to get it that first time. It took a ton of getting sick over and over and actually using more dope at times bc I was getting so sick from the bupe doses. I couldn't believe when it finally worked.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without having a ton of drugs/money at the ready to get yourself un-sick. That's how I did it. And I'm like wtf, bc I read so much about it, and they act like it's gonna be withdrawal free. I've never been as dope sick as I was during the process. I've stopped micro-dosing now bc I'm so tired of making myself sick, 3 months now doing this dance.... Tried regular induction again the other day, did not happen.

Tired of trying to explain all this to my mom, and have resolved to stop trying to act like she understand Suboxone bc she never will. It's awful to....have people around you (like my mom) being supportive but then also, just such a lack of understanding of the chemistry, that it's impossible to explain. And what really bothers me is their idea that ultimately I 'just don't wanna go thru the pain' to withdrawal successfully. Oh, I've been in pain.....

Edit: Just wanna add, it is possible. It is. But, involved precip withdrawals that I only got rid of by doing dope. I inject fent/heroin. Also, I was at times trying to inject Suboxone doses to try and abuse it. Don't do that. It was like injecting a punch to the gut. I'd injected it years ago, but only when I *wasn't* dependent on other opiates at all. Be *prepared* to go into precipitated withdrawal. Bc you will, in my experience. But how is this supposed to be done in a better way...? I want to do it again, and stay on it!

Also, the advice online says that if you go into precip. w/d, then take a large second dose to correct it. Oh, that was a good one, whoever came up with that BS! Oh, I thought I was in precip withdrawal before....hah! They don't warn enough online how rough it is. What am I missing?

Last edited:
I recently did it. And thats coming from a fenty sniffer where I went to a trained Dr for suboxone and he sent me into precipitated wd. I quit fenty for 24 hrs then went to see Dr. He gave me 4mg in his office, then sent me home. He said if not feeling better in 1 hour, take another 4 mg. As soon as I took that 2nd 4mg I went into precip wd. It was awful.
Anyway, I did a 10-day taper of subox starting at .5mg up to 12 mg per day then stopped. I was fine. I even used fenty as I micro-dosed up. But as you get closer to 12mg, you'll notice your other opioid has no effect. Theres no sense in taking it. So I got up to 12mg at the apex of my plan (10 days). I did 12 mg for 2 days, days 9 and 10. Then dropped big time to 6 total mgs on day 11, and now I am on day 12 and I havent taken a single sub today and feel fine and its 1pm!
The micro-dosing works. You go slow, and once you hit around 8-12 mg total per day, you'll se your other opioid will have no effect on you. Thats when you stop the opioid. From there, you go by how you feel. I only used 6mg yesterday and I felt fine. Today I havent used any subs and am trying to wean back off.
I just want to say how happy I am to read someone’s story of successfully doing the Bernese method to switch to suboxone. I am wanting to do this also except I’ll be switching from methadone to suboxone. I have the subs and clonidine from my doctor along with directions. Also have pregabelin but don’t know if that’s needed. I tried it once but felt a little wd the first two days so I didn’t continue to up the sub on the third not knowing what to expect. I’ve been clean from H for 19 years now on methadone but I get tired of the side effects of it. Heard that subs have a lot less side effects so I need this switch.
Thank you for posting your success with the Bernese method, it has regained my confidence and desire to make this switch. Any recommendations are appreciated but not expected. Good luck to you ✌️

you can do it BUT you will experience some discomfort until you stabilise on the bupe

I have done it a couple of times and you have to literally keep micro dosing for about 4 days and then start bumping it up. you will experience some discomfort when doing this its not plain sailing

going to heavy in the first 3 days will send you into PWD which is hell on earth believe me, once you are in PWD it seems to take an age to get out of it (like 48 hrs for me it was)

so yes micro dose but also do it over like 4 or 5 Days before you up your dose of bupe otherwise like me you will be up all night puking, shitting, sweating and the most intense WDs I have ever experienced, my wife nearly took me to A & E it was that bad

some doctors on you tube just say "take more bupe" but thats a mistake and made my experience a lot lot worse

Yes i have from fent and methadone, painless. Just go up every 2nd day. I used last on sunday and last night had rls bad so i took 1mg and was fine, actually slept

took 2 weeks for me, i only noticed some mild discomfort when i stopped the methadone. Just go up slowly

I have done it many time using h and 100s of mg of loperamide. This was years ago. You will be slightly uncomfortable but better than having to wait 36 or 48 hours to prevent precip.

I couldn’t do it with just h, it wasn’t strong enough and my tolerance was too high.

I found high doses of loperamide could break through sub better than h.

I would do it in three days. Day 1 about .5 mg bupe snorted in tiny tiny bumps. Day 2 aim for 1.5-2 mg bupe in a few lines. Day 3 try to get up to 2-3 mg.

Wouldn’t recommend. Jacked my tolerance up and I would never stay on sub because it was easy to switch on and off

I just want to say how happy I am to read someone’s story of successfully doing the Bernese method to switch to suboxone. I am wanting to do this also except I’ll be switching from methadone to suboxone. I have the subs and clonidine from my doctor along with directions. Also have pregabelin but don’t know if that’s needed. I tried it once but felt a little wd the first two days so I didn’t continue to up the sub on the third not knowing what to expect. I’ve been clean from H for 19 years now on methadone but I get tired of the side effects of it. Heard that subs have a lot less side effects so I need this switch.
Thank you for posting your success with the Bernese method, it has regained my confidence and desire to make this switch. Any recommendations are appreciated but not expected. Good luck to you ✌️
Did you end up switching? Just found this thread and am curious. About to switch from methadone to subs