View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My first microdot

OEandricearoni

Bluelighter
I was hanging out with a friend recently, and I met this guy who gave me a purple microdot of LSD for free. Why I'm excited about this is because I've never actually seen a microdot in my life.

I've taken acid a few times in the past....some so so hits, and a few amazing hits, but they were always blotters/gelcaps as that's all that's ever been around here. From what I've been told by more experienced psychedelic takers is microdots were around a lot back in the 60's and 70's but a very scarce in the USA now for some reason. Makes sense to me as I've never seen one until now.

Anyone ever had a microdot of LSD? What was your experience with it? In the past I've always taken untested LSD. Some good hits, some bad hits. Wouldn't surprise me if one or two of them were a research chemical being sold as LSD. This stuff has been tested and it most definitely LSD. I plan on going to the renaissance festival next weekend, I figure that might be a good environment for a trip.

when you say tested, do you mean some druggie ate it and started tripping and said, "yea this is lsd" or they sent it to a testing laboratory? It sounds like its not LSD, probably some potent phenethylamine, nobody puts LSD in microdots anymore.

when you say tested, do you mean some druggie ate it and started tripping and said, "yea this is lsd" or they sent it to a testing laboratory? It sounds like its not LSD, probably some potent phenethylamine, nobody puts LSD in microdots anymore.

None the less LSD is still put on microdots. This is a baseless assumption, however OP should definitely elaborate on testing...

Would a mircrodot hold 1.25mg of, say, 25c..? Or would that be a huge microdot?

As far as it being tested, he told me it was so I cant say I physically saw the test results. I dont see any reason why he would lie to me though. This guy wasn't selling these. He gave me one for free out of generosity. He said it's the best acid he's had in his life. Literally said to me this is a once in a lifetime thing. He probably wont get any more. He himself is very experienced with acid, and just psychadelics in general. Dude has done shit I've never heard of.

Just because you yourself have never seen a microdot of LSD doesn't mean they aren't around anymore. They are just scarce. Blotters and gel caps are much more prevalent.

When he gave me it he told me they were rare. I had never seen one. I thought maybe it was because there just isn't much in my area, but it seems its scarce all around the world considering I havent had a single person reply that's taken a microdot. Thread is still young though. I want some good trip stories!

I myself have taken acid enough times to know good shit from bad shit. I'll report back after I take it how it was but I don't plan on takin it until later this week.

As far as it being tested, he told me it was so I cant say I physically saw the test results. I don't see any reason why he would lie to me though. This guy wasn't selling these. He gave me one for free out of generosity. He said it's the best acid he's had in his life. Literally said to me this is a once in a lifetime thing. He probably wont get any more. He himself is very experienced with acid, and just psychadelics in general. Dude has done shit I've never heard of.

A) He was lied to himself. Without testing it yourself, don't just go off his word. There are so many chemicals that can fit in a microdot that aren't LSD.

B) He's lying to you and gave you a freebie to seem legit because he wants you to buy more.

I myself have taken acid enough times to know good shit from bad shit. I'll report back after I take it how it was but I don't plan on takin it until later this week.

'Good shit' and 'bad shit' doesn't cut it. Either it's LSD or it's not. Get an ehrlich test

How do you know he was lied to? Like I said, I'll know when I take it. I don't buy ANYTHING off this guy. I barely know him. He didn't even want to sell a microdot to me when I asked him, but when I told him I was detoxing from sub he gave me one. Most likely because he was tripping on them while I was there. I don't even have the guys number lol.

What I meant by "good shit" and "bad shit" is in the drug world, you never really know what you're getting. This guy is pretty smart and very into psychadelics. He said he tested the shit and I had no reason not to believe him. You can be all negative about it though and pretend its fake because you have never gotten a microdot, and your a mod so it's easy for you to talk down to me, whom you know nothing about.

Like I said, after I take it at later this week I'll report how it was. I've had real acid before. I had a consistent hook on acid a long time ago, but I rarely do it anymore.

I'm not being negative, it's known that people pass of loads of different stuff as LSD on tabs, so common sense says to be cautious with anything you have not personally tested. I'm not talking down to you either, #1 in HR is know what you're taking, hence, test it yourself.

You're right, I've never had a microdot, but that's no reason for me to claim yours is fake.

I probably ate 100 yellow microdots in the 80's and early 90's. I haven't eaten once since, they were still tasteless, back then anyway. Whatever the solid medium was it was inert but not bitter like a regular pill. Melted fairly quick. Just because neither I nor you have any dots doesn't mean they aren't out there. Those red star ones have been around Europe forever. Someone out there knows how to make them. I hope microdots make a comeback.
lsd_microdots12.jpg

<edit> someone just posted a bunch of dark color microdots on LSD prints thread of Shroomery today.

Last edited:
having never really known terms for stuff, i assumed microdots were blotters the size of like a small hole punch waste (maybe .5x diameter standard) and really concentrated. Are those basically pills pressed with lsd in?

Yes these are miniature pill presses with LSD. The bitterness in other pills is not the additives but the active ingredients which are often enough bitter. Binders and carriers are mostly taste-less or chalk-like and pharmaceutical pills often have a sugary film.
The amount of LSD in a dose cannot really be tasted and LSD is only said to be mildly bitter anyway at very high doses.

I've seen microdots years ago, they were orange and star shaped and others purple/blue and disc-shaped. I cannot emphasize enough how unexpectedly small they are. I've been in circles with very high quality stardards and independently lab-verified products,for years now (I live in the Netherlands).
I'm sure there is no reason to doubt their legitimacy although I never ate these myself.

Yeh ive had microdots, over 10 yrs ago now ! and yes they were very very small, as far as my memory serves me they were about 2mm and round ( like 2 millimeter balls ) very hard, but they melted in your mouth in a few minutes.

A mate tried to cut one in half before we went out clubbing and as the knife banged through it half flew off over the kitchen and was lost, i told her it would happen but she still cut it anyway.

Anyway regarding what it was like, i thought it was a very nice dose, but the few times we had these dots i allways took them with E tablets whilst out night clubbing, so never took them solo or without Ecstasy, Though ive had blotters without e's aswell, but they were marvelous, and i realy miss acid as ive not seen any for around 12 yrs now, or even spoke to anyone in my area that has had one in years.

Real shame as ive a lot of respect for LSD for what it showed me all those years ago ..

LSD on microdots is still very real. I am sure I am not the only one to remember these amazing red stars that were around in 2011.

LSD on microdots is still very real. I am sure I am not the only one to remember these amazing red stars that were around in 2011.

yeah those things are awesome.

i'll also stress the sheer tiny-ness of them.

they were so good that my brother tattooed a red star on himself. it's his only tattoo.

OP, i think you got gifted something great. enjoy it

1250 uG? That would be very huge, very memorable trip indeed! The microdots I remember from the mid 1970's were tiny little 'pills' v. easy to lose when splitting them, swallowing them, or just handling them. They came in various colours IIRC, one (most spectacularly remembered!) being black. I have no idea what the actual LSD dose was, ut it was very large, that I'm sure of (I'd guess in the 5 to 600uG range.

Half a black mike meant effectively forgetting about the rest of the day for any 'work', study or safe social interaction (the things I should have been doing I suppose?), a long day followed with pupils likeebony marbles, insane fits of hysterics, and the odd panic stricken flight if anyone in uniform was seen. Remember walking tirelessly for fifteen odd miles, through parkland where the grass heaved like an ocean, trees seemed about to turn into Ents, a kiddies roundabout turned into a spaceship, and the sky was filled with dragons and friendly bumblebees the size of pigeons. Apart from that, just a run of the mill 1976 day.... though facing Mum and Dad when I got home did require unusual care, and I was told to turn down my Gong and Steve Hillage records a few times, and stop laughing like an idiot...."you're supposed to be revising, fool!".

Well, it did no harm - I got a 'AA' for A Level Chemistry soon after. I suspect the whole World supply was finished off decades ago, it was wonderfully pure 'Operation Julie' stuff. Even so, the first acid I ever tried also came from them, a brown pyramid... very strong indeed! And purple pyramids (v.v strong and smooth), red mikes ( a bit weaker?), and some strange, highly, small orange tabs with (IIRC?) slightly serrated edges. I was told at thhe time they were Mescaline, but from all I know were almost certainly LSD, far too small for a Mescaline trip - they were absolutely fantastic, ++++ stuff!

Following the onset of depression and panic attacks (not drug related, but the most ghastly 'trip' ever!), I shied away from acid for many years... thinking I would never be able to take it again. That 'sensible phase' lasted into the late 1990's, when I discovered (with profound, truly 'Ecstatic' relief) MDMA and skunkweed. One wonderful night, at the age of 42, a lovely little angel whispered in my ear "hey, d'ye fancy some acid?" at a party, and cautious, sensible and my psychonaut nature always is, I said thanks and had swallowed it before thinking... as you do To my astonishment, it was half a brown pyramid.... how nostalgic!
An hour later I was watching the lights, wide eyed and anxious, thinking "*%£$%ing Hell, I'd forgotten how strong this stuff was!", but apreviously unknown 'guiding voice' in my mind said 'hey, keep cool and enjoy yourself - it's only the drugs!'

To 'take the dge off a bit, a few strong joints followed, a bottle of cider, then a big, fat, white E, marked 'double dose'. And there I truly learned what 'exstasy' REALLY means! I shouldn't advise anyone to follow my example, even if you are in a lovely place, surrounded by good, trustworthy friends as I was.... if you ever do, I'd certainly NOT recommend driving home (tut tut!). But if you must, sharpen yourself up before you set off with a dozen Dexedrine, a few lines of coke and a strong cup of coffee

Ahem, forgot something!

One of the good things about microdot acid (apart from being easy to hide), is the fact that the pills are so physically small and light, it is very unlikely anyone could be palmed off with some possibly dangerous, or innefective substitute. If it works, as many have said, its acid - and even if were arsenic or strychnine (as intimidatory warning used to claim way back), it couldn't be enough to kill you. Good luck and good times to everyone - nice to meet you all!:sus:;)

And of course it could be anything else that fits on a blotter (NBOMe. DO•)

I has some microdot a back in 04' and they were small and black roundish .....not very strong but clean and very fun...,,.usually ate around 2-4 of them to trip good

Back in the early eighties microdots were fairly common, I took dozens of them of various colors. They were, judging by experience, in the same dosage range as blotters, so around 50-100 ug. This is not to say that the one you have could not be dosed a lot stronger, particularly if it was done up as personal stash by someone.