• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs My Exp of Etizolam - quite long, my apologies

EP158207

Bluelighter
So I'm a brand new member, not only to this forum but to drug taking as well. I'm 27 a female, in respectable job, no kids, and a generally regular member of the British public. My only brush with drugs of any kind were life longer inhalers for my asthma, and the one time I took a smoke off a weed joint...which made me paranoid. That was the first and last attempt at illegal substance abuse for me.

Recently, I got put onto Gabapentin, for a nerve issue I have in my foot. After taking the little yellow 300mg pill, I felt myself relax, feel giddy...and just overall better. It was like a release from the mundaneness of everyday life. As you all know Gabapentin builds tolerance, and fast...so offI went to get my next high. As I cant compromise my pristine criminal background, I thought I would have a go at some of these legals highs....helped by the fact that Cahnnel 4 ( a TV station here) had recently aired a programmed about it. After reading this and other forum, I came across Etizolam as being something that might be similar to Gabapentin, but would take a lot shorter time to take affect.

So yesterday, at 6pm in the eve, I took 1mg of Etizolam. Waited for about half an hour, and sure enough, the feelings of lightheadedness kick in. Its like that for about two hours...and all is well. So I decideded to take another 1mg...and the last thing I remember is getting into bed...and I awoke at noon the next day. Groggy, tired...and its now half seven and I'm still not my usual energetic self. :?:|:| Thankfully, I do shift work, so do not need to be at work until tomorrow night.

I'm completely naive to all drugs, and for me that wasn't the best experience. I just wanted to put this out there for people trying this for the first time.I'm sure its great for some people, but this is what happened to me.

Any human being who takes a dose that high of a Benzodiazepine the first time they ever try one should possibly expect a similar experience. 2mgs of Etizolam is pretty comparable to 2mgs Alprazolam (Xanex) in my experience, and that is a pretty hefty first time dose. What you experienced is known as a Benzo Blackout. Basically as soon as your second dose kicked in, you blacked out before you even realized it hit you. Be aware of what Benzodiazepine's are before you attempt to get high from them. They are CONSIDERABLY different from Gabapentin, which I always thought felt more like an Opiate buzz than a Benzo.
Have you ever heard of Rohypnol before? This is a super powerful benzodiazepine, which is unfortunately used by members of your local Fraternity as a Date Rape drug. The reason why they use this? Because it induces blackouts in most people above 1-2mgs, especially someone like you who is naive to this class of drugs. If you would have been out in public and had what happened to you occur - your life could have been in danger. I'm not trying to sensationalize this situation or anything, everyone who has taken Benzo's at one point or another whether recreationally or as prescribed has probably experienced something similar to this. You just need to be conscious of your surrounding and the situations that you allow yourself to be in when starting to experiment with this class of compounds. They effect memory more significantly than just about any other substance I've ever done with the exception of heavy Opiates.
All I'm saying is be CAREFUL. You need to do some more research on your own about the safety precautions you need to take if you're considering starting to experiment with drugs. It sounds like you're more the age of a Business Professional, so you need to realize you're super out of the loop when it comes to experience, tolerance, and procedure when using new substances. You should look thru BL and read some advice about Safe Drug Taking Practices. You need them. I NEVER want to hear about another human getting hurt by these compounds, not because they took too much, but because they took a compound in an un-safe environment. Think twice before you consider taking any Etizolam around other people. Low tolerance and a good dose of Etiz is like truth serum to a lot of people. I've told the homie's some pretty dark secrets they weren't expecting when I super Benzoe'd out before. Be careful my friend. Etizolam is a WONDERFUL tool to have, just make sure you know how to use it to your advantage and not to bring about your downfall. I've done some DUMB ASS SHIT on high doses of Xanex in the past. Keep it mellow. Only take 1mg, or stay at HOME.
Oh yeah, taking more Benzo's than you should in a night is VERY well known for giving some disastrous hangovers the next day. Worse than Alcohol sometimes....

Thank you for the reply. During my research, I did come across 'Benzo Blackouts' but that was usually when people were taking crazy amounts. I didn't factor in that I had absolutly no tolerance for the stuff. Thankfully, I was at home and there were no pets or kids that needed looking after. You live and learn. The reason I posted this was simply to share, just in case a newbie like myself was out there thinking of doing the same thing.

Interesting point about it being akin to truth serum. Thankfully, I wasn't on the phone or online yesterday...so the secrets are safe. I'll stick to Gabapentin for now...and in fact mosey on to the gabapentin thread to see if there are ways to lessen tolerance.

Last edited:
^You weren't on the phone or online that you remember. I ALWAYS check my call/Internet history after a benzo binge night. You never know what you're gonna find.

"I felt myself relax, feel giddy...and just overall better. It was like a release from the mundaneness of everyday life." Yes yes yes No no no. From the looks of it the op is straight edge except for smoking a joint one time. How cute. Do yourself a favor girl, go smoke another joint of that organic. Don't like it? Good! That's all you need to know. Once experience with etiz and you are so clean and attuned to notice you're not your usual energetic self. Hold on to that self. It's good that you didn't have the best experience with etiz. It's good you didn't have the best experience with cannabis. You don't need anything but yourself. You're great! You don't need to be fixed. The feelings drugs give you are temporary and detrimental in the long run. Stop before you start. Don't entangle yourself into the web. Forget all the other shit its all nice and rosy at the beginning you are just enhancing yourself but go down that path and your identity will be consumed with happy pill consumption and you will be no better off in the long run. Yeah I tried gabapentin yeah feels nice that's drugs, try fingering you're poo tang feels nice too do that not drugs. The class you are fucking with are real drugs pharmaceutical or not be careful. Smoke some bud drop some psyches the mundaneness will disappear and by the end of it maybe you'll swear off drugs and be grateful to be alive just as you were made ;)

^^^good advice.....i can def sympathize with OP as far as getting rid of the 'mundane' reality of life thru the use of drugs..i could go on and on but wont preach..

etizolam is not a recreational drug imo, neither are other benzos...they are great for anxiety but they never get me 'high' like opiates or ghb would..gabapentin gave me a very pronounced high when i took it..at best etizolam will give me a very light mood boost but nothing special, its great for anxiety though..problem is, it also slows me down mentally and physically though so thats not good and also like the OP, i feel slow and tired the morning after taking etiz...good and bad with all drugs though..

I took 2mg of etiz one time. Had 4 or 5 whiskeys.

Ended up giving a homeless guy $20 and a gram of coke bc he seemed like he deserved it.

Other than that it was a normal night. Smoked some crystal and jerked it for 6 hours straight to some HQ Brazzers. The search functionality on that site is phenomenal btw. "Lesbian stepmom threesome" or "huge tits creampie wife swap" and BOOM. there it is.

Night yal