View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

my DXM experience

BrandNew

Greenlighter
So I was reading some reports of people's DXM trips and I decided I wanted to post mine. I drank a 5oz bottle of Delsym. I weigh 120 pounds, and I had an empty stomach. Like an idiot, I did this before school. It was the last day before winter break and we watched movies in all of my classes, so I figured why not.

I downed the syrup right when I woke up (6:30am) and honestly, I thought it tasted good. I did my fair share of research beforehand, I was attempting to reach the first plateau since it was delsym, it would make the effects less strong, or so I thought. It took about an hour before I started to feel anything.

I was in Latin class, I started to feel the effects at like 7:30am. At first it was kind of like smoking weed, and I had to pee. I went to the bathroom and started to feel dizzy. My head began to itch. I couldn't stop scratching it. I went back to class and told my friend to not let me scratch my head. I read something the previous day that said DXM was a mood enhancer not a mood lifter, so I tried my best to make sure I stayed positive. I started telling my friend I was in love with him, and he was laughing his ass off. I told him I drank the cough syrup when class started. I started to hold on to a column because I felt like I was falling, it was really weird. My entire body went numb, but in a really good way. It felt tingly. At 8:30am, my teacher turned on a movie and there was a talking dog and it was tripping me out (it was actually there, not a hallucination.) This is when everything started to have a dream like quality to it. I started breathing really heavy, but I felt fine.

The bell rang, and the hall was chaos. Everything was so loud and I had no idea where I was going or where I was. I couldn't feel my legs and I knew I was walking funny. I thought all of the windows were paintings. I somehow got to my class and my friend called my name. I picked up a random chair and walked towards her, accidentally hitting a bunch of people but not really noticing. My friend asked me if I was okay and I just said no. But I really felt fine. The teacher turned on a movie and I put my head down and got lost in my thoughts. I kept forgetting where I was and it felt like I was in there for at least an entire day. I asked my friend what time the bell rang three times in five minutes. I kept forgetting I had asked her. I could barely even speak at this point too. I couldn't hear my own voice, which resulted in me stopping in the middle of my sentences. I tried to eat, but the food had no taste.

My next class was band. Walking through the halls was just as crazy as it was the first time, and my feet felt extremely heavy. I had to go down the stairs, which was completely insane. Going down the first stair, it felt like the entire school shifted to become flat just for me to go down the stairs. If that makes. I went down really slow and people were getting mad at me. I got to my class and went into the backroom with my friend. I tried to listen to music but it sounded like it was coming from everywhere and like reaching into my skin so I turned it off. I felt like I was drifting out of reality so I asked my friend for a hug, and it actually helped. The teacher told us to come out and gave us our new music, he didn't suspect anything. People said I look wide awake and aware, like my eyes were super wide. When we started to play music, I would get lost in the first measure. Everything had an intense dreamlike quality. It was 10:30, I'm pretty sure this was my peak. I didn't even bother trying to talk because when I did, my sentences made no sense at all.

11:30 was lunch time and I barely remember anything from it. I remember people singing Rudolph the red nose reindeer and I was certain that was a dream until I found out afterwards it actually happened. My friend kept trying to talk to me and I told her to not even bother because I knew it was a dream. She seemed worried but I was having the time of my life.

I went to science, but right when I walked in the teacher told me I got called to the office. I began to panic. I walked out of the class and the hallway seemed miles long. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and tried to play sober. It actually worked pretty well. Going down the stairs was just as insane as the first time. I made it to the office and the vice principal called me into his room. I honestly could barely comprehend what he was saying, something about graffiti and if I knew anything. I just said no and he let me leave. It was terrifying but I felt amazing afterwards. I don't remember science at all, but afterwards there was a parade.

It was 1:00 by now and I could feel myself coming down. Walking still felt weird and everything still had a dream like quality to it, but it was less intense. I was supposed to march around and play music with the band but I didn't feel like it. When they came by, the noise sounded so fake, like it was being played from a speaker.

The rest of school we were allowed to wonder around so I just sat on the floor and listened to music. It sounded nice, but not really euphoric. My mom picked me up at 2:30 and I felt mostly normal, just my feet still felt slightly heavy and everything seemed tingly. I didn't feel anything the next day.

I've smoked, drank, done acid, popped percocets, and done Benadryl (not fun), and DXM was by far my most enjoyable experience. It's been a month since I've done it, and I'm doing it again tonight. I'm going to drink 10oz of delsym and try to reach the third plateau. Wish me luck, I hope you enjoyed reading about my experience.

I'm glad you had a good experience with Delsym. Delsym differs from typical DXM because it is Polisterix instead of Hydrobromide, which allows for a bigger ratio of DXO:DXM. Polisterix means it's extended release, if you already didn't know the difference between the two.

Technically, it only takes about 100-120mg of DXM Hydrobromide to have a decent first plateau trip. You had a 5oz bottle which is 148ml and 30mg per each 5ml would equal 888mg. That's enough for a non tolerant person to hit fourth plateau, if it was the Hydrobromide form. But since it was that much I doubt you only had that low of a trip. Maybe you were feeling the effects of a middle second plateau trip perhaps?

Anyways, 10oz would be 1,776mg.. that's a lot. You should try Robitussin that contains DXM Hbr. Less to take for a much better trip. Plus, since Polisterix is basically an edible plastic, that can't be too good for you.

Just my $.02.