• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My detox from heroin begins now

Dre42583

Greenlighter
My last dose of H was 8hrs ago! Im not feeling that bad im not sure if its the imodium ad i took (10 2mg pills)

I really feel like they are doing something cuz other times i could not go no more then 5 hrs without using' well ill keep anyone who is interested updated!

So far so good but i heard day 2-3 are the worst' well i gotta start sometime and sometime is now"

Hi Dre!! I'm very interested to be updated on your progress.

I've been clean a bit over a year now. Detoxed from H, amongst a few other opiates...Good job. Keep taking immodium....I dosed twice a day when taking it. I am an aberrant metabolizer...lucky me. So, I have to split dose meds.

Yes, it is difficult, but the loperamide will help a lot. This is kind of weird, but there's a youtube video by a man named Aaron Cohen....he talks about how to use immodium w a couple other over-the-counter meds and to take it with grapefruit juice of course. Look it up. It's entertaining as well lol.

Hey, good luck. You can do this and get through it. If I can, anyone can. Keep me updated.

Yes i have been taking 10 2mg pills every 12 hrs! U can not beleave it helps so much! At night i took xanax to help me sleep but wow this immodium is a miracle! I hope other going threw withdrawls can read this'

36 into withdrawl and im not feeling shitty

Welcome to Bluelight Dre. I'm glad you're doing well with immodium. I would lower the dose though. Do you have a taper plan?
(moving to Sober Living)

Sounds like your detox is going pretty well Dre keep it up!

No i dont j thought u would take immodium to get threw the first 3 days then jum off

Dre, thanks for the update!! So glad to hear you're getting through it.

I'm not advocating the dose of Immodium I took...I was just saying what I took personally I still felt crappy the first three days....couldn't sleep, legs were restless but it kept me from vomiting, which is good, so I didn't get dehydrated.

After the first three days, I leveled out, and felt normal. So, I lowered the doses of Immodium. I didn't jump off, due to being on meds for a long time. Immodium amazed me too, the first time I realized it helped...I had read about on the internet of course lol. Unfortunately I didn't know about bluelight at that time.

I didn't know at all how to take it...I was very sick. At about 6am, I took 2-3....then was probably doing that for the next 6-7hrs...I then realized I wasn't banging my legs together by 1pm, and was actually hungry. Somehow, I came across the amounts different people were taking.

Dre, I'm really glad to hear you're doing well.

Yes and as T.Calderone mentioned, a taper plan is in order. Sober Living. Keep going. You can do this. Fuck the ball and chain of needing dope. Its a nightmare. Godspeed.

Yes and as T.Calderone mentioned, a taper plan is in order. Sober Living. Keep going. You can do this. Fuck the ball and chain of needing dope. Its a nightmare. Godspeed.
Day 5 and im feeling fucken great

Damn man I'm sending you good energy over the air to feel even better you lucky cunt stay that way man I love you

You are doing wonderful my man!!!! I am happy to hear that you made it out without so much heartache. How is the tapering going?

2-3 days was the worst for me. I am on 4-5 days. I got a script for xanax 2mg bars that I take every 6 hours. That really helps the anxiety and feeling of hopelessness. Stay strong and it will be over soon!

Hey Dre...how are you? It's incredible that you were feeling great 5 days in...I was walking death still when I detoxed. I did it cold-turkey (which I don't recommend, and it proves nothing)-but I know there is a megathread on loperamide. I'm sure there's information on tapering off of it.

It really can be a lifesaver....when you need your job. I don't know how on earth anyone can work in withdrawal. I've attempted it, and failed miserably. The near constant vomiting, amongst the other symptoms, interfered a lot lol...though it's not funny at all.

My thoughts are with you, and wishing you are well. Hope you check in to let us know how it's going either way.

I have to parrot what stargazer said. I am a chef by trade. When I was detoxing I wouldn't have my menus in on time, my prep for my specials would suffer, and I was an appalling asshole to the cooks on the line. Even putting up one plate was a challenge. Its hot, its humid from the dish machine running constantly...your in a fog so you burn yourself.....ugh. I'm glad I have taken a year off to shake off those feelings and revamp my style.

I'd love an update dre!

Yes manboy...a fucking nightmare to be blunt. I had to work w patients....drawing blood. It just didn't work so well. I do hope Dre checks in...

Don't know how you did it. I didn't even want to see anyone when I was detoxing. The servers would be bringing me shots of vodka and whatever benzos they had just for me to make it through the night.

Yes guys i felt better by my 5th day! It was so easy that i relapsed thinking i got a way out wen i want! And again i am in the process of going threw wd's but just like before i am doing the same with the immodium but this time i notice i had to take more! Almost double what i took last time!

Day 1 : took 20 2mg immodium
Day 2: same as day 1
Day 3: is tomorrow so I'll probably take 15 or 10 2mg pills of immodium!

In a way its great that this immodium works so good but its also bad cuz i feel like i can use anytime n i can kick without pain'

Dre: you may be like me and need a hard withdrawal to be able to kick effectively. It is not for everyone, but I am hard headed and control freakish enough that I needed it.