• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery My cliché recovery journal

Hello everyone.

I've been a Bluelighter for a long time. From my very first intense curiosity about drugs when I was 16, before I'd ever even drank, right up to now. To cut a long story short, I got heavy into smoking weed and then experimented with a large variety of drugs. I became a daily weed smoker but took regular tolerance breaks so I didn't consider myself truly addicted. I tried almost everything but didn't get hooked on anything except cigarettes, and they along with weed & coffee were my only daily vices. When I was 19 I had a manic episode which totally turned my life on its head. I was sectioned, had to drop out of university, and my entire life was derailed. After the mania subsided I fell into a brutal, brutal depression. It was the darkest period of my life and I struggled with thoughts of suicide and an intense hopelessness and misery that I was convinced was permanent. It was during this period that I found heroin.

Typical story. I thought it would be just another in my list of drug experiences and that I'd be able to manage it like all the others I'd tried, enjoyed, but managed to moderate. Just like everyone else thinks. Just like all my fellow junkies, I was wrong. My arrogance and recklessness combined with my depression was my downfall. I tried heroin. I loved heroin. The depression ended up lifting, but the heroin habit stuck around. In the six years since I can best be defined as a chronic relapser. Year in and year out I have periods of using daily followed by stretches of sobriety, either forced because of my lack of money or because of concerted efforts to quit. Neither sobriety nor constant using ends up lasting long. My longest period of continuous sobriety in the last six years has been 8 months during & after rehab, 4 months other than that. My longest period of daily using hasn't been longer than 4 months, but typically the sobriety & using alternates in periods of a few days to a month or so.

I keep trying to stop and I keep failing. I tried rehab and voluntarily attempted to indoctrinate myself into the 12 steps that the whole rehab was based on, but I was continually plagued by doubts about the higher power that underlies it. (Please don't recite to me "We agnostics" or the various lines fed to the non-religious about the spirit of the universe or the power of the group. I know them inside & out and deployed them on the doubtful many, many times in rehab). I think it was a combination of the cognitive dissonance from trying to constantly suppress my doubts about God, the boredom from rehab (I stayed there far too long), the lack of direction I had in life at the time and my mild seasonal depression that led to me relapsing whilst at rehab. I was kicked out, and then fell into the worst period of using I've ever had. I was living with other junkies so I never had to stop for long, I was without any kind of replacement medication (I wasn't even signed up to a drugs agency) and ended up picking up a crack habit as well. I'd tried crack many times before but never fell into it hard, but because it was constantly around I ended up picking that up along with heroin.

I ended up fleeing back home, and since then I have just been trying to quit and relapsing again and again. To be fair to myself, I am achieving longer stretches than before and I am making progress, I just need to find some sticking power. Thankfully, I am insulated from the worst consequences of my using - i have a buprenorphine script to fall back on. It's a double-edged sword however - on the one hand, I no longer have to live my life in fear of withdrawal that drives me to crime, spending my rent/food money and that sheer desperation that comes with impending bad withdrawal, which has improved my life compared to when I didn't have it. However, without having withdrawal to worry about it makes it easier to relapse as I know I can use my subutex and don't have to suffer too badly.

Full disclosure - I have relapsed today. I had a long stretch under my belt, but I have been stressed as work cut my hours to the point where I may be forced to find a new job and I'd been having cravings anyway, so I caved in today. However, I have surrendered control of my money to my mother for a couple of days so I can't continue tomorrow, and want more than anything to get sober again. This is part of what this thread is for - it lets me express myself, organise my thoughts, holds me somewhat accountable, and if somewhere down the line I manage to help someone who can relate to me then that will be great as well. I write a journal most days anyway, so I figured I might as well post it. So here it is. Day 0. Day 1 starts again tomorrow. If anyone has actually read this whole thing - I promise future entries won't be so lengthy!

Dont be so hard on yourself dude. Yes you've relapsed but your not dependent on the shit. You're aware of what you've done and your correcting the mistake,just don't become complacent as you'll get back into it in no time.

For many of us this is a lifelong battle. Win more than you lose and surely in time you'll grow stronger.

Stay safe.

I hope you feel better Rio.... I unfortunately fell into a full on relapse and used 7 days in a row for the first time in 4yrs. In fact this was the first time I have used more than 3 days in a row during the last 4yrs. I am having a very difficult time emotionally because of my life and legal circumstances, .

My aggressive, overbearing and controlling mother has been chipping away at my sanity in her usual manner lately. It is universally agreed upon by all my siblings that she has been psychologically and physically abusive to us her whole life. She is a very self centered, miserable woman, who has always taken out all of her aggression on us kids. She has OCD and is an extreme hoarder and she is hands down the most controlling person I have ever met. I am constantly fighting with her but most of the time I am either simply trying to avoid her venomous verbal assaults or I am trying to unravel and counter the psychological damage that her tirades inflict on my mental stability. As a grown man, I am ashamed to admit that I let her bring me to tears on an almost daily basis and she actually takes pleasure in being able to reduce me to such a state. The depth of her cruelty, selfishness and lack of love never ceases to amaze me.

I refuse to use my mothers treatment towards me as an excuse for my addiction and behavior but it is time to admit that she has a vast negative impact on my psyche and that I need to take extensive defensive measures to insure that she is unable to influence my mental state in such a way as to push my addiction cycle and the resulting negative feedback loop. My father was the one, who pointed out to me that I needed to protect myself against her attacks because it is so painfully obvi1ous to him and others that she has a direct influence on my self abuse and self sabotage. She has also been a driving factor in my relationship problems with women, over the years, because I don't love myself and I feel unworthy of love. I am always chasing unloving, difficult women, who are constantly inflicting pain upon me and are emotionally unavailable. It sucks to admit this to myself because I have always hated women, who go for assholes because they have daddy issues and now I have to acknowledge that I am always seeking out mommy figures that treat me much the same way. I am essentially the male version of the women I have always detested.

I am going to be ordering 1CP-LSD to microdose as an antidepressant because it is hands down the most effective treatment for this that I have ever experienced. I am at a loss to deal with PAWS and my constant relapsing. This has been going on for over 20yrs now and I am sure that I will either die or live out the rest of my miserable days in heroin hell if I don't do something to combat my life long depression. I am desperate and I feel as if I have tried everything else. Even my father supports my microdosing as he can see the effect it has had on my life.

I hope everyone is doing well. Hang in there... Much love to my sober warriors. Keep fighting the good fight.

XO @chinup XO, Xo @Rio Fantastic XO, XO @Captain.Heroin XO, XO @cj XO, XO @yubacity XO, XO @Hylight XO, XO @Phoenix_rising XO, XO @Korana XO, XO @Meth novice 79 XO, XO @jb99 XO, XO @G_Chem XO, XO @tired of crap XO, XO @nuttynutskin XO, XO @hotfriesmmm XO and anybody else I missed.

@Rio Fantastic I hope you don't mind the mass shoutout in your thread bubb. Sorry if it offended you.

Last edited:
How you doing rio did not even know you had this thread somnilicous gave a shoutout . Have read as far back as your relapse i go through this thread today. Dont worry about the relapse hope you had a half decent sunday. I messaged you yesterday had a feeling you might have relapsed Fuck it it happens

I hope you feel better Rio.... I unfortunately fell into a full on relapse and used 7 days in a row for the first time in 4yrs. In fact this was the first time I have used more than 3 days in a row during the last 4yrs. I am having a very difficult time emotionally because of my life and legal circumstances, .

My aggressive, overbearing and controlling mother has been chipping away at my sanity in her usual manner lately. It is universally agreed upon by all my siblings that she has been psychologically and physically abusive to us her whole life. She is a very self centered, miserable woman, who has always taken out all of her aggression on us kids. She has OCD and is an extreme hoarder and she is hands down the most controlling person I have ever met. I am constantly fighting with her but most of the time I am either simply trying to avoid her venomous verbal assaults or I am trying to unravel and counter the psychological damage that her tirades inflict on my mental stability. As a grown man, I am ashamed to admit that I let her bring me to tears on an almost daily basis and she actually takes pleasure in being able to reduce me to such a state. The depth of her cruelty, selfishness and lack of love never ceases to amaze me.

I refuse to use my mothers treatment towards me as an excuse for my addiction and behavior but it is time to admit that she has a vast negative impact on my psyche and that I need to take extensive defensive measures to insure that she is unable to influence my mental state in such a way as to push my addiction cycle and the resulting negative feedback loop. My father was the one, who pointed out to me that I needed to protect myself against her attacks because it is so painfully obvi1ous to him and others that she has a direct influence on my self abuse and self sabotage. She has also been a driving factor in my relationship problems with women, over the year, because I don't love myself and I feel unworthy of love. I am always chasing unloving, difficult women, who are constantly inflicting pain upon me and are emotionally unavailable. It sucks to admit this to myself because I have always hated women, who go for assholes because they have daddy issues and now I have to acknowledge that I am always seeking out mommy figures that treat me much the same way. I am essentially the male version of the women I have always detested.

I am going to be ordering 1CP-LSD to microdose as an antidepressant because it is hands down the most effective treatment for this that I have ever experienced. I am at a loss to deal with PAWS and my constant relapsing. This has been going on for over 20yrs now and I am sure that I will either die or live out the rest of my miserable days in heroin hell if I don't do something to combat my life long depression. I am desperate and I feel as if I have tried everything else. Even my father supports my microdosing as he can see the effect it has had on my life.

I hope everyone is doing well. Hang in there... Much love to my sober warriors. Keep fighting the good fight.

XO @chinup XO, Xo @Rio Fantastic XO, XO @Captain.Heroin XO, XO @cj XO, XO @yubacity XO, XO @Hylight XO, XO @Phoenix_rising XO, XO @Korana XO, XO @Meth novice 79 XO, XO @jb99 XO, XO @G_Chem XO, XO @tired of crap XO, XO @nuttynutskin XO, XO @hotfriesmmm XO and anybody else I missed.

@Rio Fantastic I hope you don't mind the mass shoutout in your thread bubb. Sorry if it offended you.
How you doing I just read your post and can feel your pain . My oldman beat us and mentally fuck us up for life me and my brothers. Its a pain that is always there . Its a pain that makes you sob like a child when we alone . I was like you did not want to blame the oldman for my additions but heroin fucking helped a lot . I cant tell you what can help becuse i still suffer . You going after women who are like your mom is proberly because you know where you are with that type of women its just the norm for you . If microdosing is helping you carry on its better then being on the gear. Stay strong my brother the alternative is way worse

argh yeah my work is basically a cesspit of disease too. i'm not working with the public but a lot of people have small children so bring stuff in and there's such a huge culture of presenteeism enforced by our boss that people come in ill. its ridiculous actually, we do a lot of experiments that involve culturing cells. we had a bug go round recently that caused the whole lab to take time off at one point or another. but not enough, all the cells got contaminated. months of work lost because a few people were too scared to take a few extra days off.

i hope you're getting better anyway. ha if you have any vit c left maybe you can put it to legitimate use. though for some reason i'm really not sure about that, it doesn't make sense in my head that stuff used to cook up can be good for you, though i guess i'm fine with the water bit.

when you feel better do find some exercise. the first time i felt really actually good in recovery was after a shit hard exercise class, about 4 months in. that isn't as bad as it sounds, cos about one month in i started laughing again and that was good enough to sustain me.

hey guys. Just a quick update. crazy somni how we lapsed at around the same time. Used December 1st, 2nd and 4th and am now 4 days clean and trying again. I'm trying to take positivity from the fact I keep jumping right back in to the mindset that I really want to quit, rather than just falling back in to looking forward to my next relapse like I did before. Really don't want to be stuck in this cycle for Christmas/New Years again....nothing better at ruining them than fucking heroin and it is the worst way to go into the new year! been there, done that, not this fucking year! Just turned down an offer for free drugs, so I'm feeling pretty strong right now. will reply to everyone properly when I have time tomorrow. thanks for all the support guys.

argh yeah my work is basically a cesspit of disease too. i'm not working with the public but a lot of people have small children so bring stuff in and there's such a huge culture of presenteeism enforced by our boss that people come in ill. its ridiculous actually, we do a lot of experiments that involve culturing cells. we had a bug go round recently that caused the whole lab to take time off at one point or another. but not enough, all the cells got contaminated. months of work lost because a few people were too scared to take a few extra days off.

i hope you're getting better anyway. ha if you have any vit c left maybe you can put it to legitimate use. though for some reason i'm really not sure about that, it doesn't make sense in my head that stuff used to cook up can be good for you, though i guess i'm fine with the water bit.

when you feel better do find some exercise. the first time i felt really actually good in recovery was after a shit hard exercise class, about 4 months in. that isn't as bad as it sounds, cos about one month in i started laughing again and that was good enough to sustain me.

hahaha holy shit, I was actually looking for effervescent vit c tablets when I was ill, realized I didn't have any and just left it, not once clocking I had a whole bag full of sachets of the stuff in a carrier bag of works I hadn't got rid of yet. holy fuck I didn't even make the connection.

I refuse to use my mothers treatment towards me as an excuse for my addiction and behavior but it is time to admit that she has a vast negative impact on my psyche and that I need to take extensive defensive measures to insure that she is unable to influence my mental state in such a way as to push my addiction cycle and the resulting negative feedback loop. My father was the one, who pointed out to me that I needed to protect myself against her attacks because it is so painfully obvi1ous to him and others that she has a direct influence on my self abuse and self sabotage. She has also been a driving factor in my relationship problems with women, over the years, because I don't love myself and I feel unworthy of love. I am always chasing unloving, difficult women, who are constantly inflicting pain upon me and are emotionally unavailable. It sucks to admit this to myself because I have always hated women, who go for assholes because they have daddy issues and now I have to acknowledge that I am always seeking out mommy figures that treat me much the same way. I am essentially the male version of the women I have always detested.

I don't mind at all. my thread is a free for all, you should know this by now!

hope you aren't beating yourself up too much over the relapse. you sound like you have really identified some triggers. I hope you take steps to cut your mother out your life entirely. she sounds like the definition of a toxic person, and you are NOT obliged to have any contact with her if it brings nothing positive to your life. Don't feel like because she's your mother you can't drop her like you would if a "friend" was treating you this way. Have you managed to put the brakes on the relapse?

I've had another relapse. It's become extremely clear to me I have to completely cut my 2 closest friends out my life. They are both negative influences - one of them is an active user, and though he doesn't offer me drugs if he knows I'm trying to be sober, he hints that he has money and makes it very easy for me to slip. The other one doesn't use, but doesn't seem to grasp the severity of my addiction, and because he enjoys a crack pipe and likes to hang around the crazy, amped-up version of myself that I become on crack, he encourages me to use, and even when he doesn't actively encourage it it's like when I'm around him I'm primed to use drugs because I associate being with him with being high. I need to stay away from both of them for a significant period of time until I am in a place where I'm strong enough and stable enough in sobriety that they can no longer influence me (or, to be precise, I would no longer let them be an influence on me).

This is not to say that it's the fault of either of them, or that they are bad people. They have been good friends & when I've told them I want to get sober they've been supportive and encouraging. I don't think for a second they want to see me unhappy or that they consciously want me to relapse, but it's just drugs are so intertwined into my friendship with both of them that it's impossible to extricate it from that context when I'm so vulnerable. I do thankfully have one other close friend who doesn't use & who I've never used with/around, so I won't be entirely friendless, but it will still suck cutting both of them out my life. I am in a position at the moment where I have countless acquaintances but only 3 close friends, without a group of people I would just call friends in between - the people I know I either barely know or are super super close with. I need to remedy this in the future as I do miss having more people in my life that I could hang out with. I am lucky that I still have a close friend left who I can be around who isn't linked to using - the guy has stood by me through so much shit. 99% of people who had been put through what I put him through would have dropped me years ago, but he has never turned his back on me.

I really never thought before that I could be influenced into using by other people, but now I realize it's more complicated than that. Just like if I went to the street where I always used to buy my drugs or watched a needle fill with blood, these friends are triggers for me since I've taught my brain to associate their presence with getting high, so even with zero suggestion or provocation I only have to be around them for cravings to start in my mind. That's enough to push me over the edge when I'm vulnerable, and the fact that one of them often has money that I know he'd be happy to spend on drugs with me and the other will get drunk and actively suggest that I get high just makes the situation even more risky. I feel like I'm at least learning lessons from these lapses - the first was that I need to reach out to people & not let disruptions to my plans turn into a giant event, the second that having physical cash is a trigger for me that I need to avoid, and now that these 2 friends need to unfortunately be avoided for the foreseeable.

The urge to just carry on with this relapse and push it to the limit is strong in me, but a part of me is still crying out for sobriety, and I am letting the latter voice steer the ship. I could ignore it and dive headfirst into using until that voice is barely a whisper and just continue until the consequences become severe enough that I'm forced to stop and throw everything out the window for the fleeting but intense pleasure of drugs, but something is holding me back. I really don't want to be using at Christmas, and the fact that it will be 2020 soon is really motivating me to stop. It feels symbolic - not just a new year, but a new decade, a great time to leave my addiction behind. Part of me wants to keep using until New Years Eve and then start sobriety Jan 1st 2020, but I know that if I decide to do that then by the time New Years rolls around I am extremely unlikely to have the perspective or control to stop, since the longer a lapse goes on the more my perspective shifts. Instead of the using being the abnormal circumstance and sobriety something I'm returning to, at some point using becomes normal and sobriety becomes something horrendous & awful, a terrifying state of mind to be avoided at all costs. I stop looking to the future and my perspective is locked into the next pipe or shot, and I only see past that to the next time I'll be scoring drugs or the next way of getting money.

Losing myself in the 3 month relapse really frightened me when I came out of it, and I really don't want to get into that state of mind again. The headspace where emotionally destroying my Mum, betraying my friends & disappointing everyone barely even registers in my mind as bad things. That mindset where contemplating losing my job, eviction, homelessness & overdosing is considered in a totally detached & apathetic way since the only really important thing is how I'll be scoring next. Being driven to shoplifting, lying, stealing & manipulating those around me to get money. Sitting in my bathroom with a syringe full of blood, desperately stabbing at random spots in my arm to try and hit a vein, growing more and more anxious and desperate as I notice the solution getting thicker, risking it clotting & sealing the substances that are my entire life in the useless blocked syringe as the withdrawals are creeping in more & more. Waking up every day with a pit in my stomach, disgusted by what I've turned into and overwhelmingly depressed by my situation, and then motivated with a frenetic desperation to get drugs in me as quickly as possible so that I can cope with the miserable ordeal that my life has become.

This is what I must remember when I'm tempted to score tomorrow. I would much rather go through a day or two of depression and then the mood swings of PAWs while my brain & body re-adjusts to buprenorphine then go back into that hell during the time of year you're supposed to enjoy with your family. I've ruined many a Christmas for myself like that before, and I'm determined to not let it happen again this one.

Didn't mean to ramble but felt like I had to get that off my chest. I love that I have you guys to vent to and that I can connect with people going through the same thing. I look at people like @yubacity and am inspired to stay clean for another day when I see how far he's come and how great he's doing despite the fact that his habit was really similar to mine. I look at @chinup staying strong despite dealing with a nightmare housemate, who has learnt to find joy in the small things again & is showing by example how enduring the PAWs means that things get better. I look at @Captain.Heroin, one resilient & tough motherfucker, who struggles every single day with mental health problems and yet stays sober and optimistic in the face of it all, and even manages to find the time to be supportive to me, despite the fact that when I was hopped up on speedballs one day I went on a crazy personal vendetta against him for absolutely no reason and acted like a total & utter cunt - enough to make anyone without a heart of gold skip my posts & threads entirely but yet he's here giving me advice and helping me out. I look at @somnilicious who similarly to me has just had a little relapse but is jumping right back into staying sober, who is learning more about himself & honestly sharing himself with us and is also in this crazy journey that is the battle to stay sober and I feel like I'm not doing it alone. I am lucky to have all of you - even if you just drop a little reply of a sentence or two or take the time out your days to ask how I am, it means so much to me and honestly uplifts me, and I'm really grateful to all of you for that.

Hope everyone is good?? Thanks for continuing to follow my thread - I'm hoping that it will one day soon stop being a chronicle of repeated failures and turn into a success story. :)

Last edited:
I've had another relapse. It's become extremely clear to me I have to completely cut my 2 closest friends out my life. They are both negative influences - one of them is an active user, and though he doesn't offer me drugs if he knows I'm trying to be sober, he hints that he has money and makes it very easy for me to slip. The other one doesn't use, but doesn't seem to grasp the severity of my addiction, and because he enjoys a crack pipe and likes to hang around the crazy, amped-up version of myself that I become on crack, he encourages me to use, and even when he doesn't actively encourage it it's like when I'm around him I'm primed to use drugs because I associate being with him with being high. I need to stay away from both of them for a significant period of time until I am in a place where I'm strong enough and stable enough in sobriety that they can no longer influence me (or, to be precise, I would no longer let them be an influence on me).

This is not to say that it's the fault of either of them, or that they are bad people. They have been good friends & when I've told them I want to get sober they've been supportive and encouraging. I don't think for a second they want to see me unhappy or that they consciously want me to relapse, but it's just drugs are so intertwined into my friendship with both of them that it's impossible to extricate it from that context when I'm so vulnerable. I do thankfully have one other close friend who doesn't use & who I've never used with/around, so I won't be entirely friendless, but it will still suck cutting both of them out my life. I am in a position at the moment where I have countless acquaintances but only 3 close friends, without a group of people I would just call friends in between - the people I know I either barely know or are super super close with. I need to remedy this in the future as I do miss having more people in my life that I could hang out with. I am lucky that I still have a close friend left who I can be around who isn't linked to using - the guy has stood by me through so much shit. 99% of people who had been put through what I put him through would have dropped me years ago, but he has never turned his back on me.

I really never thought before that I could be influenced into using by other people, but now I realize it's more complicated than that. Just like if I went to the street where I always used to buy my drugs or watched a needle fill with blood, these friends are triggers for me since I've taught my brain to associate their presence with getting high, so even with zero suggestion or provocation I only have to be around them for cravings to start in my mind. That's enough to push me over the edge when I'm vulnerable, and the fact that one of them often has money that I know he'd be happy to spend on drugs with me and the other will get drunk and actively suggest that I get high just makes the situation even more risky. I feel like I'm at least learning lessons from these lapses - the first was that I need to reach out to people & not let disruptions to my plans turn into a giant event, the second that having physical cash is a trigger for me that I need to avoid, and now that these 2 friends need to unfortunately be avoided for the foreseeable.

The urge to just carry on with this relapse and push it to the limit is strong in me, but a part of me is still crying out for sobriety, and I am letting the latter voice steer the ship. I could ignore it and dive headfirst into using until that voice is barely a whisper and just continue until the consequences become severe enough that I'm forced to stop and throw everything out the window for the fleeting but intense pleasure of drugs, but something is holding me back. I really don't want to be using at Christmas, and the fact that it will be 2020 soon is really motivating me to stop. It feels symbolic - not just a new year, but a new decade, a great time to leave my addiction behind. Part of me wants to keep using until New Years Eve and then start sobriety Jan 1st 2020, but I know that if I decide to do that then by the time New Years rolls around I am extremely unlikely to have the perspective or control to stop, since the longer a lapse goes on the more my perspective shifts. Instead of the using being the abnormal circumstance and sobriety something I'm returning to, at some point using becomes normal and sobriety becomes something horrendous & awful, a terrifying state of mind to be avoided at all costs. I stop looking to the future and my perspective is locked into the next pipe or shot, and I only see past that to the next time I'll be scoring drugs or the next way of getting money.

Losing myself in the 3 month relapse really frightened me when I came out of it, and I really don't want to get into that state of mind again. The headspace where emotionally destroying my Mum, betraying my friends & disappointing everyone barely even registers in my mind as bad things. That mindset where contemplating losing my job, eviction, homelessness & overdosing is considered in a totally detached & apathetic way since the only really important thing is how I'll be scoring next. Being driven to shoplifting, lying, stealing & manipulating those around me to get money. Sitting in my bathroom with a syringe full of blood, desperately stabbing at random spots in my arm to try and hit a vein, growing more and more anxious and desperate as I notice the solution getting thicker, risking it clotting & sealing the substances that are my entire life in the useless blocked syringe as the withdrawals are creeping in more & more. Waking up every day with a pit in my stomach, disgusted by what I've turned into and overwhelmingly depressed by my situation, and then motivated with a frenetic desperation to get drugs in me as quickly as possible so that I can cope with the miserable ordeal that my life has become.

This is what I must remember when I'm tempted to score tomorrow. I would much rather go through a day or two of depression and then the mood swings of PAWs while my brain & body re-adjusts to buprenorphine then go back into that hell during the time of year you're supposed to enjoy with your family. I've ruined many a Christmas for myself like that before, and I'm determined to not let it happen again this one.

Didn't mean to ramble but felt like I had to get that off my chest. I love that I have you guys to vent to and that I can connect with people going through the same thing. I look at people like @yubacity and am inspired to stay clean for another day when I see how far he's come and how great he's doing despite the fact that his habit was really similar to mine. I look at @chinup staying strong despite dealing with a nightmare housemate, who has learnt to find joy in the small things again & is showing by example how enduring the PAWs means that things get better. I look at @Captain.Heroin, one resilient & tough motherfucker, who struggles every single day with mental health problems and yet stays sober and optimistic in the face of it all, and even manages to find the time to be supportive to me, despite the fact that when I was hopped up on speedballs one day I went on a crazy personal vendetta against him for absolutely no reason and acted like a total & utter cunt - enough to make anyone without a heart of gold skip my posts & threads entirely but yet he's here giving me advice and helping me out. I look at @somnilicious who similarly to me has just had a little relapse but is jumping right back into staying sober, who is learning more about himself & honestly sharing himself with us and is also in this crazy journey that is the battle to stay sober and I feel like I'm not doing it alone. I am lucky to have all of you - even if you just drop a little reply of a sentence or two or take the time out your days to ask how I am, it means so much to me and honestly uplifts me, and I'm really grateful to all of you for that.

Hope everyone is good?? Thanks for continuing to follow my thread - I'm hoping that it will one day soon stop being a chronicle of repeated failures and turn into a success story. :)
Firstly my brother stop the urge to carry on with the gear you know that the easy route thats why it's in your head. I'm no saint mate I just spent three days up north on the coke but no gear we all slip but you have to get back up. Life on gear has fucked your veins your mind and your financial stability your relationships with your loved ones its no a life choice you can keep. Your the same as me as in we got all our friends who use drugs and the ones that don't we find boring as fuck. The solution is you have to stay away from friend that use I know they may love you but you can't hang around with them without a relapse happening. You know all this and i bet you turn a little fuck up into a massive one in your head just to make an excuse to use . Its hard bruv the hardest thing you will ever do but you have to get through it. What else can you do rio i know dont let this cun t of a drug ruin your life and at worst take it . Get up my brother think fuck it i start again not being a slave feels so good even if we have to admit this struggle for life

Give your money to your mum mate she will know if you are trying to scam her for gear money

Listen bruv my grandad said one thing to me I will always remember. He said at the age of 94 that he has had lots of friends in his life but he can count on one hand his true close friends in all those years. I have around 5 people I can trust I love a small tight circle to a large circle without foundations. You only having 3 friends you can trust is still really good.

ah rio, unfortunately yes you do need to stop hanging out with people you associate with using. NA always says you should change people, places and things. it was natural for me cos i moved cities and its hard when it gives you less options to socialise but its the right decision. still a hard one to make so well done.

its scary how much drugs change you, what you said about things that you know are awful barely registering. i think everyone in here has been in the same boat. the world just gets so small, both in terms of opportunities and what you care about.

you want this and if you keep trying, you will get it. its super hard, as you're finding, but keep working. don't get too hard on yourself. its natural for addicts to use.

can you get more psychological support? are there charities near you that offer counselling or just any avenues at all you haven't explored?

My sober is specifically “no bupe/heroin or high potency opiates of that nature”. I spent several days just using marijuana. Willful break from everything including shatter. It was terrible.

the blessing- less suicidal thoughts. I don’t know why or how to account for that.

Rio, it’s OK. You’re alive and a lapse can be stopped/tapered easily from before full blown addiction is a problem.

we have all made mistakes. I haven’t done bupe or heroin in many years but I have had terrible mental health and little helps. BZD’s help the most.

Rio mate you can do this come on bruv it's a few months of shit get through that and its a lot easier. I had my few days of fun on coke but have not touched the gear for many months I must have passed the six months stage. I'm one of the weakest willed people out there but once you say no and think that a relapse not the end of the world its all part of the course to sobriety. I may be up since 2 with my fucked up sleep but I plan my day to what I want to do no more planing around my habit that my brother feels so good. Even if you have relapsed come on here we all know how it feels we live the same shit no judgement here just words of advice from people who know.

Rio how you doing being away from here used to mean I on the gear again. Hope your just busy thats why not hear from you but if you are in a relapse just remember you can pull yourself out of it. The earlier you do it the easier it is. Life is so much more than the gear and it's never too late to rebuild.