• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My cigarette hookup might've just gotten cut off- what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nancy145

Bluelighter
I think this goes in OD but I've placed a couple threads there recently and then told they don't belong there so I figured I'd just post in homeless. Long story short, my friend, who gets me cigarettes (I'm underage so I can't buy them), got really mad at me for something I didn't actually do and doesnt want to be friends with me anymore because they think I did it. I'm not sure when, if ever, they'll find out I didn't do it, so I don't have a cigarette hookup for now. I'm completely out of cigarettes right now, and have 3 black and milds (mini cigars) along with the end of an extra one. I've got a pipe to smoke it out of, so they'll last a bit longer, but I've got a week at most until I run out. I need about 2 cigarettes a day to stop me from getting cravings, so I'm not too addicted, but I really don't want to quit. Honestly I want to smoke, so even if I did quit I'd start again if I had the chance. I'm also finishing off the schoolyear right now, and might end up failing some classes, so it's a really bad time to go through withdrawal. I need advice on what to do here. Should I try to ration it out until the end of school(in 2 weeks)? Should I just keep smoking normally and go through full withdrawal when I run out? I have some wellbutrin from a leftover prescription, which helps with nicotine withdrawal, should I take that until the end of the schoolyear? I'm really at a loss of what to do. If anyone has some advice for me, please share it. Thanks.

When I was under 18 and couldn't buy my own smokes when steal them from my parents r get a friend to get them for me. When I would almost run out I would take the tobacco out of the cigs and smoke them in a pipe. It burns really fast and is really strong so you won't need that much. Or what you could do is get ballsy and go to smoke shops and try and buy a pack. Some places I go don't ask for an ID, but most of them do. When you find a place that doesn't card then keep going. It may make you feel pathetic or something like it did to me, but it's worth it if you're truly addicted to nicotine.

Ask your doctor for nicotine patches? Quitting smoking really is the best idea. Sorry, Nancy I have to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.