• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[MUSIC] The 80's thread .... (links only please, no full video screens)

ahh thats no good. disappointed
Soz Danielsan ... tiz thee truth

i like your choices on this page Miss M. I think this is a great mellow semi-indie pop song in a simillar vein to the primitives:

Transvision Vamp - Sistermoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcNZAqUsYnE

I still love tom petty's full moon fever and at least 2 or 3 more great albums of his.

Lawdy, I had a huge massive girly crush on Wendy from transvision
transvision vamp - i want your love

Last edited:
you werent the only one, she had quite an impact on me as a 17 year old mdb.

I was hoping to be able to add The Lemonheads My Drug Buddy at this point, but i dont think that wasnt released until 92 so that move has been skuppered.

I love the lemonheads and saw em at reading .... I can add my fave track of theirs tho, cause it's from 1989. Posted it in the lounge last night ... so will just cut and paste from there ...

The Lemonheads - Ever

Lyrics
NSFW:
We hit the highway in the shimmer glare of summer
And past the window all the trees flew by behind her
She tuned the radio 'til music was around us
A rushing calm around my heart I knew had found us

It feels so good to me
I have to make you see
Why does this ever have to end?
I know commitment is not the trend
Don't misunderstand what I intend
When I say this doesn't have to end

We washed the dishes knowing everything was all right
And there together in the curtain drifting twilight
I know your laughter shouldn't make me feel so scared
How could I doubt you, I know how much you cared

I hear it when you sigh
But I still don't know why

Why does this ever have to end?
Why can't I give you my heart and hand?
I think you're too scared to understand
This doesn't ever have to end...go!

I see you standing by a window in the hall
Our eyes collide without a single word at all
The record asks, "will you still need me when I'm sixty four?"
I can't imagine that I wouldn't need you more
Too many tears to cry
I just won't let it die

This doesn't ever have to end
Life is so long and my heart won't mend
You are my lover, you're my best friend
But this doesn't ever have to end
End on

QLsDLyF.jpg

yeah that certainly makes us cohorts.I would urge you to tune into radio 6 or xfm every now and then, there is a lot of new stuff coming out, its a shame to get stuck in the past IMO. Having said that ive not being doing much discovering of new music myself since mephedrone ran dry tbh so i think i know how you feel, the excitement of bands in your youth isnt the same when you hit 40 buit mephedrone totally changed that, and i was as fanatical about muic as i had been as a teen all oevr again. Im not gonna be some jeremy clarkson dinasour forver living in 1975 though, I cant allow that to happen. Tbh the most keeping up i do these days is to occasioanlly watch later with Jools, its usually a hand picked selection of the very best new acts, itas the easiest way of keeping vagualy in touch. Especially as i live in a city with so many live band venues, i went through a spell of taking advantage of this. The right drugs do help enormously, natural highs cant allways be relied on. :\

yeah that certainly makes us cohorts.I would urge you to tune into radio 6 or xfm every now and then, there is a lot of new stuff coming out, its a shame to get stuck in the past IMO. Having said that ive not being doing much discovering of new music myself since mephedrone ran dry tbh so i think i know how you feel, the excitement of bands in your youth isnt the same when you hit 40 buit mephedrone totally changed that, and i was as fanatical about muic as i had been as a teen all oevr again. Im not gonna be some jeremy clarkson dinasour forver living in 1975 though, I cant allow that to happen. Tbh the most keeping up i do these days is to occasioanlly watch later with Jools, its usually a hand picked selection of the very best new acts, itas the easiest way of keeping vagualy in touch. Especially as i live in a city with so many live band venues, i went through a spell of taking advantage of this. The right drugs do help enormously, natural highs cant allways be relied on. :\

I spent 2009-2012 looking for new music religiously. I love radio 6 and Mark Riley especially. I make the effort, but I still have pretty limited taste really.

there's too many REM albums to choose from, from the 80's. Reckoning was really decent tho.
R.E.M. - So. Central Rain

mOG5F0t.jpg

As much as i love good 80s music, i cant spin many from the top of my head

Dan hoiw old were you in 1980 ? thatll prb be whey you cant thiknk of many 80s tunes !

marmz it looks like i misynderstood, i thought you meant you had stopped listening to new music after the pixies Doolitlle. Snap with Mark Riley, and the years of listening are virtually the same, my listening to his show coincided exactly with the mephedrone years, and for about 6 months after until my stockpile ran out ! :(

marmz your tastes are ecclectic, you like indie/alt, thrash metal, rock, electronic pop music, and thats just the start. You dont have to be into world music and hip hop or house or drum n base or wtf its called and stuff. Sorry brimz im a hip-hop dinasour, never got it, never will, apart from the most commerciall end of it.

Doesnt matter how old i was, ive looked back through a lot of music from the 60s/70s/

you dont get hip hop, apart from the commerical end of it? commercial hip hop is bullshit, listen to the proper stuff

how can you not appreciate a beat like this

Nah, from the moment Johgn Peel started playing Public Enemy, i thought i dont like this stuff. It just doesnt do anything for me. It was all egotistical prics going on how about how they ere the king of the hood and stuff like that as far as i could make it. Is 'Bonkers' even a hip hop tune ? I like that, and i gather that guy has some 'cred' but apart from that and eminemms thig with Dido i just dont like it. Same goesa fro Jungle and drum n base.

I loved public enemy, and I love Run DMC ... more of the positive stuff

it's just a lot of the RnB sounding Rap I can't relate to.