View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Music that gives good visuals on lsd

PassthatT

Bluelighter
Hey everyone a couple weeks ago I took around 180-200mcg of lsd and listened to some Hendrix and Beatles and got some amazing visuals from their songs like it was made for tripping . Tonight I'll be taking two blue microdots that are supposed to be 125 µg each and I'm excited to listen to music again I wanted to ask if anybody had any suggestions of more music like this

Bassnectar - Chasing heaven
Bassnectar - Into the Sun
Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth
Trace Bundy - Dueling Ninjas

Hey everyone a couple weeks ago I took around 180-200mcg of lsd and listened to some Hendrix and Beatles and got some amazing visuals from their songs like it was made for tripping . Tonight I'll be taking two blue microdots that are supposed to be 125 µg each and I'm excited to listen to music again I wanted to ask if anybody had any suggestions of more music like this
^^^
On acid I really enjoy "The piper at the gates of dawn" by Pink Floyd, any Ash Ra Temple, any Yo La Tengo (produces beautiful multi-colored mandala-like visuals for me), especially "I can hear the heart beating as one", "Innerspeaker" by Tame impala is great too! That's all "organic music".

On electronic side, Shpongle is great, Boards of Canada is great for painting or drawing when on acid 8)

Check those out, you won't regret it! ;)

^^^
On acid I really enjoy "The piper at the gates of dawn" by Pink Floyd, any Ash Ra Temple, any Yo La Tengo (produces beautiful multi-colored mandala-like visuals for me), especially "I can hear the heart beating as one", "Innerspeaker" by Tame impala is great too! That's all "organic music".

On electronic side, Shpongle is great, Boards of Canada is great for painting or drawing when on acid 8)

Oh man! This guy has good taste. Rock on!!!

Thank you Cream Gravy? :)
Yeah, music and psychedelics are guiding me hand in hand throughout life. Rock on indeed!!! %)

^The fact that you know Ash Ra Temple is what really tickles my fancy :) Have you listened to their Paris Downers recordings? It's a pirated copy (fan taped I think) from a concert they performed in France in '74.

Have you listened to their Paris Downers recordings? It's a pirated copy (fan taped I think) from a concert they performed in France in '74.
I like the fact that people post them all on youtube, and in a decent quality for youtube! :D
Once I have discovered them, I took my time collecting all I could find, live versions especially - there is a special cosmic drive to their music! I do like this album.

Have you listened to Can? They have famous Tago Mago album which is very shroomy but I value their music as another piece of rare shamanic psychedelic rock %)

Of the new ones with an appeal of krautrock check out Wooden Shjips and Moon Duo! Man, I can go forever with the list....:D

Can and Ash Ra Tempel are great. I like to listen to them on Youtube and then click on links to random obscure krautrock albums.

Omar Rodriguez Lopez makes a lot of great psychedelic music. The Apocalypse Inside Of An Orange is one of my go-to albums when I trip. Amputechture and Frances The Mute are awesome too. If you're into classical music, I'd also recommend his newest album Birth Of A Ghost.

Omar Rodriguez Lopez makes a lot of great psychedelic music. The Apocalypse Inside Of An Orange is one of my go-to albums when I trip. Amputechture and Frances The Mute are awesome too. If you're into classical music, I'd also recommend his newest album Birth Of A Ghost.
^^^Thank you! Nice find and it's going to my collection! ;)

I just spent last night on 600ug watching the disco biscuits shows on YouTube from the recent capitol theatre run. Made for an excellent experience honestly

Rock: the soft machine album "third" is(along with the rest of their catalog) brilliant..
Electronic: dorian concept, teebs, tipper...just to name(with varying styles) a few..

I am uncertain about LSD since personally LSD hasn't given me much for visuals.
However when I take mushrooms I LOVE looking up "Dark ambient drone" music." on youtube.
That being said, there is a reason it's called "dark."
It can sound almost (downright) creepy some times; but for some reason I actually enjoy the ambiguity of it. It seems to mesh well with my trips without being too overwhelming or thought directing

Which is my main point actually;
I try to avoid music that forces your mind to think a certain way. Lyrics should be limited or non exsistent (IMO)

I've also really enjoyed Royksopp; a chill electronic music artist

I guess it's worth mentioning that I am speaking from a Closed Eye Visual perspective.
I've never found music to be a major influence for Open Eyes

Um, the Grateful Dead is quintessential music for LSD. Live Dead. Start with the album Live Dead, then move on to high quality live recordings. Second sets are what you want....20 minute Dark Stars, The Other One, Scarlet Fire, etc.

Um, the Grateful Dead is quintessential music for LSD. Live Dead. Start with the album Live Dead, then move on to high quality live recordings. Second sets are what you want....20 minute Dark Stars, The Other One, Scarlet Fire, etc.
Yes. I really like Dick's Picks Vol. 16, disc 2! Had a very transcendental moment listening to that set.

On psychedelics all tame impala songs send be into another realm, everything about them seems perfect for a trip.

Bobby Mcferrin - Spain, also must check out his audience participation stuff. He is really good vibe man.
Frank Zappa - Watermelon in Easter Hay (studio is better, than lives, other tracks from him better live, this track is the essence of his good vibe side)

^^^

fuck yeah, i saw Yo La Tengo on acid once. Was great.

I would second Can, and pretty much any other of the great "krautrock" bands - particularly Faust, Tangerine Dream and neu!

I love listening to Iggy and the Stooges on LSD (especially the first, self-titled record).

And then there is the 13th Floor Elevators...

God, i could go on for hours on this topic :)